Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 04:18 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,456,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPU12345 View Post
??? the cadets?

Aren't the cadets little annoying kids in the uniforms?

If they were, then the professor was overreacting.

The kids are kids. And some could only afford the uniforms, and that was all.
Well, since you are enjoying the freedoms the military folks have fought, bled and died for I guess that gives you the right to pess on what they do. Oh, help me out here ... are cops also "little annoying kids in the uniforms"?

Lord have mercy.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 04:59 AM

569 posts, read 556,700 times
I thought the cadets were the under age students in a military school. If I was wrong, please correct me.

Military cadets were the things of old to me.

It was a nation transforming from a totalism regime to the people's. And those things were several hundred years ago.

But as some traditionalist nations, they might keep that cadet system intact.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:11 AM

6,497 posts, read 9,888,998 times
Quote:
I thought the cadets were the under age students in a military school. If I was wrong, please correct me.

It was a nation transforming from a totalism regime to the people's. And those things were several hundred years ago.

That's not what they are talking about here at all.

ROTC is not the same as military cadets from a totalism regime lol

Old 03-25-2016, 07:16 AM

569 posts, read 556,700 times
Sorry for not reading the link in the first place, so there were misunderstandings.

My college had some practicing arms that could not fire rounds. They were for the students to get a nearhold in an actual gun. That was China.

In the U.S., I guess that everybody was firing arms starting in some tender ages. So practicing drills in a campus was too overdone, imho.

One thing I learned from your northern neighbor was: the mandated military training programs from a gov. were too overated. The people still grew strong and free without them.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 03-25-2016 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-25-2016, 07:44 AM

12,493 posts, read 8,276,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
Somehow a lot of "odd" people in academia get tenure, so assuming this person has tenure, her getting fired is minimal to 0, unless she kills someone...... If she calls 911 over and over and it is for the same issue (no real emergency), she should be fined for it. People like this do not last in the private sector, so there, I said it.
Being fired shouldn't be her concern. However the state of North Dakota should have laws on the books about abusing the 911 system so the State's Attorney and the Sheriff's jail should knock some community sense into her.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:46 AM

10,260 posts, read 21,835,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I mean, I can generally tell people in the Army...
The word is "soldier".

Old 03-25-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Sorry for not reading the link in the first place, so there were misunderstandings.

My college had some practicing arms that could not fire rounds. They were for the students to get a nearhold in an actual gun. That was China.

In the U.S., I guess that everybody was firing arms starting in some tender ages. So practicing drills in a campus was too overdone, imho.

One thing I learned from your northern neighbor was: the mandated military training programs from a gov. was too overated. The people still grew strong and free without them.
Not even close to true, the first time most fire anything is after enlisting in the armed services or reserves and a few weeks into their basic training

Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 AM

6,497 posts, read 9,888,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Not even close to true, the first time most fire anything is after enlisting in the armed services or reserves and a few weeks into their basic training

I think that depends on the area of the US you grow up in. I grew up on a farm and was shooting when I was 11.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:

The ROTC Reserve Officer Training Corps are college students who will become officers in the active armed forces and/or the reserve forces upon successful graduation. Some high schools have Junior ROTC but they have no weapons and very little tactics instructions and focus on customs and courtesies along with demonstration/parade type drills. Junior ROTC students incur no service obligations like service academies West Point US Military Acadamy, Naval Academy and US Air Force Academy along with the other college program ROTC Cadets and Midshipmen (Naval ROTC) do.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think that depends on the area of the US you grow up in. I grew up on a farm and was shooting when I was 11.
True but most of us live in big cities and are not gangsters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events