Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 11:08 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Me either. There are several post implying she was just horrible and byotchy. I read nothing in the article to indicate that or that she was upset in the least.

I did see an ad for a menstrual cycle app following the article. Maybe she should share that with her co-workers.
The best "app" for that, is to have sex twice a day, for the duration. Her male colleagues might have offered her some help with that. I call this, "Old Dr. Mac's Root Remedy" (paraphrasing my old Army buddy, Cpl. Presley B. Hornsby).

Old 09-20-2016, 11:26 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Here's a hint-those things are NOT considered acceptable and are fireable offenses at nearly all companies. In the case of the woman in the OP-the issue sounds as if it's her, not her co-workers. If her "mood swings" are so severe that it impacts her work performance (which is the case if her co-workers are unable to approach/work with her)-that's HER problem to deal with. We all have bad days-be it sickness/aches/pains, home life issues, etc. Part of a JOB is dealing with your crap on your own time and not bringing it to the office. Doesn't matter the cause. Deal with it-be an adult, put your personal problems away during the work day and act like a professional. Or take some sick time if you can't manage otherwise.
Oh lighten up. Maybe its just me but the article seems to be more tongue in cheek. No where is it said her PMS effects her job performance. No where is it said her co-workers cant approach her. She's moody at times, her co-workers tracked her cycle, she admitted she is moody, no foul no harm.

Men have it worse because men are horny due to hormones and must keep their symptoms in check least they violate workplace protocol.

Women have it worse because women are irritable due to hormones and must keep their symptoms in check least they violate workplace protocol.

I will trade you menstrual cycle symptoms for horny symptoms.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The best "app" for that, is to have sex twice a day, for the duration. Her male colleagues might have offered her some help with that. I call this, "Old Dr. Mac's Root Remedy" (paraphrasing my old Army buddy, Cpl. Presley B. Hornsby).
I know that trick.

Men think sex is a cure for everything.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:30 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,881,514 times
Quote:
now *this* is extremely sexist!

Old 09-20-2016, 11:47 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
No, no! This is service under adverse conditions.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
But true.

Quote:
No, no! This is service under adverse conditions.
So. Are you offering?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:03 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
My thoughts when it comes to "problems" such as this. If a woman is suffering and does not want to suffer silently, no reason both of us should have to suffer. I would stay away too. In fact we have three women in our department and one that you know when her time of the month is here. No we don't track it, we just give her lots of space. Better to stay away from the department office.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:21 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,497 times
How it this any different from knowing that "Bob" always comes into work cranky every 4th Tuesday of the month because he's a terrible card player and he lost at cards on his monthly poker game.

Same thing. You're using the brain god gave you to eliminate potential problems by perhaps dealing with these people slightly differently on certain days to make everyone's life better....including theirs !

If you're bugging her about her cycle and saying mean and offensive things, that's a different story. But I see no reason to feel bad for using your own brain power to avoid problems. Obviously problems existed in the past, or we'd not be having this conversation.

Reminds me of the saying, "first time, shame on you, second time, shame on me".

Old 09-20-2016, 02:07 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I know that trick.

Men think sex is a cure for everything.
It's true! 97% of men agree. The science is settled!

Old 09-20-2016, 02:12 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,482 times
I have PMDD and am a nightmare at times.

No prob if my coworkers want to track and avoid, just don't let me know they are doing it while under the influence - I can't be libel for my actions then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events