Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:01 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I sincerely hope that there's a nice place in hell for those who think that it would be humorous to put something like this on some unsuspecting person's window.

I agree. I also think that this product is a disaster waiting to happen, especially in the gun loving United States. Eventually somebody will choose to exercise their 2nd Amendment right to shoot the "person" peering into their window possibly leading to that shot hitting a completely innocent person standing outside or minding their own business in the house next door.

What's next, a lifesize, realistic looking toddler replica that screams "Help, I am being kidnapped"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:59 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
Quote:
Aren't jokes, as part of their fundamental definition, supposed to be funny?

I guess I don't see the humor in scaring the crap out of an unconsenting person.
Then you have a lot to learn. I'm not saying I do it, or laugh at it, but your response and there response is what is referred to as "the pussification of America".

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I agree. I also think that this product is a disaster waiting to happen, especially in the gun loving United States. Eventually somebody will choose to exercise their 2nd Amendment right to shoot the "person" peering into their window possibly leading to that shot hitting a completely innocent person standing outside or minding their own business in the house next door.

What's next, a lifesize, realistic looking toddler replica that screams "Help, I am being kidnapped"?
First of all, this isn't a new product, this has been around for many years.

Have you seen texas chainsaw massacre?? Should we ban all chainsaws too?
Heck guns have killed people, why aren't those gone. Kids choke on toys, babies drowned in pools. People need to learn to suck it up, and let other stuff go.

I'm not sure if you are trolling (based on some other posts, I think so,) or if you are actually this scared of life, that that's where you take it.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:06 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Then you have a lot to learn. I'm not saying I do it, or laugh at it, but your response and there response is what is referred to as "the pussification of America".
Oh yes, that someone believes that there is something inherently mean-spirited and entirely un-funny about scaring the crap out of an unconsenting person is certainly a symptom of the "pussification of America". Yup.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, that someone believes that there is something inherently mean-spirited and entirely un-funny about scaring the crap out of an unconsenting person is certainly a symptom of the "pussification of America". Yup.
Its called Halloween. My suggestion is you lock yourself in a closet from somewhere around the middle of October until the first Sunday or two days after October 31st, which ever happens second (for the rest of your life).

Old 09-28-2016, 11:17 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Its called Halloween. My suggestion is you lock yourself in a closet from somewhere around the middle of October until the first Sunday or two days after October 31st, which ever happens second (for the rest of your life).
Actually, here's what I do. I don't associate with people who think that something like this would be appropriate or humorous. It's amazing- I can live my life fully without subjecting myself to it, as most people in the world don't get their jollies out of involving non-consenting people in what they do.

I see something like this in the store, shake my head at the ridiculousness of someone actually making money off of it, and move on with life.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Actually, here's what I do. I don't associate with people who think that something like this would be appropriate or humorous. It's amazing- I can live my life fully without subjecting myself to it, as most people in the world don't get their jollies out of involving non-consenting people in what they do.

I see something like this in the store, shake my head at the ridiculousness of someone actually making money off of it, and move on with life.
No. You

Quote:
I sincerely hope that there's a nice place in hell for those who think that it would be humorous to put something like this on some unsuspecting person's window.
You can call it fully,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

Old 09-28-2016, 11:29 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
Yeah way to go America.

Making comments about an article without reading it..

IT WAS IN TORONTO.

It is/was available at Home Depot stores in the U.S. as well.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:33 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I immediately noticed something else about that peeper.

Did anyone else?

Oh, boy... if it had been any color other than white the lawyers would be signing people up.

Halloween used to be for little children -- a time for them to dress up and get free candy. It should be taken away from the adults and returned to the kids.
Since when? Not in the last 30 years I can tell you that. When I used to go trick or treating as a kid, the best houses were the ones that the adults in said house got into the full Halloween spirit and did a haunted house deal the that kids had to go through before they could get their candy, complete with jump scares. Or the house that would do the typical someone dressed as the dummy by the candy bowl, and when you went to grab a piece they would reach for your arm. Always done by the adults because the kids were out trick or treating. If anything, Halloween has been wussified in the last 10 years or so because of lawsuit happy people.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:

It's really the responsibility of the prankster to choose their victim wisely. Your roommates, your brother, your cousin, would all be likely targets. Grandma, your pregnant wife, or the village idiot would be unwise targets.

The images are scrupulously Caucasian and blue-eyed, so I fail to see what the problem is.

Damn snowflakes are so uptight nowadays.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
Since when? Not in the last 30 years I can tell you that. When I used to go trick or treating as a kid, the best houses were the ones that the adults in said house got into the full Halloween spirit and did a haunted house deal the that kids had to go through before they could get their candy, complete with jump scares. Or the house that would do the typical someone dressed as the dummy by the candy bowl, and when you went to grab a piece they would reach for your arm. Always done by the adults because the kids were out trick or treating. If anything, Halloween has been wussified in the last 10 years or so because of lawsuit happy people.
Yeah, trick-or-treating is only a part of Halloween. That part should be left to the kids, but if you ever doubt Halloween is for adults too, GO TO VEGAS FOR HALLOWEEN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events