Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 05:47 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times

Advertisements

I know it would scare the crap out of me and I'm fantasizing how I would get my sisters.

That said, just don't buy it if it bothers you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 06:09 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
To some degree I think this is the root of these problems. Kids used to get scared by a mask and an unexpected scream. Since adults have gotten involved people are chasing an every scarier "high".

And I have to admit to my part in it. I have been to the Eastern State Penitentiary multiple times for both their daytime tours and their halloween fright nights. But I can see how that is a similar issue as this one and the one about the mental illness.

Maybe something are too far...you provided some food for thought, thanks.
You went to Terror Behind the Walls? I'm jealous.

I've seen some very elaborate, well thought out displays. One was a freaky funeral home in a living room, a torture chamber in a garage (the couple was in costume, too), and a yard transformed into a haunted graveyard. They dug holes in the annual flower bed. My kid wouldn't go near that garage. One year the guy walked down the driveway, chatted for a minute, and gave him a candy bar. He still wouldn't go in there the next year.

Some people are more sensitive to those things and more easily frightened.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:09 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Oh good grief! If you don't like it, don't buy it! Problem solved! Since when does one twit get to dictate what everyone else wants or does? Stay home and live in your basement with your tinfoil hat while the rest of us have a good time.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:10 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Bunch of whiny crybabies.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:29 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Halloween decorations are bought to scare people. What's the big deal about this one?

Oh... wait... let me guess.

One customer complained to Home Depot.

Home Depot, having been shaped by our PC society, and anticipating a lawsuit, immediately removed it from it's shelves.

Pathetic.
The item the Canadian Home Depot has on sale was beyond "scary". I think it could cause shootings at the "face" shown, as it is quite shocking and realistic-looking, especially at a distance or by someone who does not have great vision or who has reason to be extremely fearful, and it is possible that near or behind that "face" children or others could be standing nearby.

Therefore, I think the potential for someone to be shot or have a projectile thrown through the window exists, and for that reason, it should be withdrawn from the market. It is potentially dangerous.

There's a difference between scary goblins and creepy perverts, and it has nothing to do with so-called political correctness or even which side of the current political spectrum one is on.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 09-28-2016 at 11:37 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 11:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post

What's next, a lifesize, realistic looking toddler replica that screams "Help, I am being kidnapped"?
Well, at least I'm getting plenty of decorating ideas from this thread.

I can totally see my husband propping the Peeper Creeper in the window and then asking me to go to that room to get something...then again, we don't own a gun and he knows he can run away faster than I can run to go kick him in the stones for having done it.

He did put on a horrible old-man mask once and came up behind me...that was fun. I about you-know-whatted myself.

Happy Halloween, everybody!

Last edited by JerZ; 09-28-2016 at 11:59 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 12:03 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,077,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
The item the Canadian Home Depot has on sale was beyond "scary". I think it could cause shootings at the "face" shown, as it is quite shocking and realistic-looking, especially at a distance or by someone who does not have great vision or who has reason to be extremely fearful, and it is possible that near or behind that "face" children or others could be standing nearby.

Therefore, I think the potential for someone to be shot or have a projectile thrown through the window exists, and for that reason, it should be withdrawn from the market. It is potentially dangerous.

There's a difference between scary goblins and creepy perverts, and it has nothing to do with so-called political correctness or even which side of the current political spectrum one is on.
NO, it is potentially mistaken and overreacted upon by a .... overreacing person...

There is NOTHING dangerous about it. There is nothing dangerous about a taxidermy bear or a ski mask.

The same place that sells; metal pipes, electrical cable, saws, blowtorches, and many different types of poisons is pulling WINDOW DECORATIONS off the shelves because someone MIGHT use it to...... ewwwww OHHH NOOOO, Scare somebody...

Old 09-29-2016, 07:51 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Lol, gawd bless these nervous Nellies and hand-wringing busybodies. What the heck would we all do without these Halloween mavens?

Thankfully, for those so inclined (uh...because it's their business, not ours), that thing should be fairly easy to replicate, should it be pulled from (or fly off) store shelves.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:57 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, gawd bless these nervous Nellies and hand-wringing busybodies. What the heck would we all do without these Halloween mavens?

Thankfully, for those so inclined (uh...because it's their business, not ours), that thing should be fairly easy to replicate, should it be pulled from (or fly off) store shelves.
Well we should take proactive measures then to halt this. We should ban any materials that could possibly used to make such a gag. We should ban plastic, steel, aluminum, wood, rubber, canvas, cotton, paint (to make it look real)etc...

Old 09-29-2016, 08:00 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
PC PC PC blah blah blah blah. Let's make fun of the elderly and autistic and disabled while we are at it. Geeees. Deplorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events