Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 03:36 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,938,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
For me, it seems like holding each other during that terrifying time realizing they were going to die seems like a natural thing and doesn't have to do with romantic feelings or lack of... if I was with a friend and we were trapped somewhere in a similar situation I would want to hold them or hold their hand...
Totally. I think I would be hugging a stranger at the moment of death, let alone a friend. They must have been terrified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 04:17 PM

102,346 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Well, so, the investigation's over, is it? So there's not going to be any further info? All we have is the info we have, and speculation about what the scenario represents, or doesn't.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-26-2017 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-26-2017, 04:21 PM

6,494 posts, read 9,881,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, so, the investigations over, is it? So there's not going to be any further info? All we have is the info we have, and speculation about what the scenario represents, or doesn't.
I haven't found anything new online yet.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,094,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
You don't need a chisel to peck out a message on a rock, you just use another rock. Better yet, you spell out a message with rocks. I find it hard to believe they didn't leave a note of some kind.
Yeah, I can't sat I would be going around searching for rocks to create messages with rocks if I was literally dying of dehydration. It's just not something I would think most people would do while lost in the desert. Are notes or messages usually found along with other hikers who have died? I just don't understand why so many are fixated on the fact that no letter was left behind.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, so, the investigation's over, is it? So there's not going to be any further info? All we have is the info we have, and speculation about what the scenario represents, or doesn't.
It's only been 10 days.

Although the family might not want every little detail about their childrens' deaths released to the media. I know I wouldn't if people were just going to twist everything around and accuse my child of being a murder.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I just don't understand why so many are fixated on the fact that no letter was left behind.
I think it is because some of us love our families and would leave notes ourselves to say goodbye. To say I love you and thanks for my good life, sorry.

if you knew you were about to die, you wouldn't want to say anything to loved ones?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It's only been 10 days.

Although the family might not want every little detail about their childrens' deaths released to the media. I know I wouldn't if people were just going to twist everything around and accuse my child of being a murder.
Its a murder/suicide. Who is twisting anything?

Old 10-27-2017, 09:32 AM

29,546 posts, read 22,872,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Exactly.

He killed her.

I wish the usual posters on this thread would stop grandstanding about consideration for families, how evil we are to dare think it was anything more than a mercy killing, etc.

We get it.

Now please stick to the subject at hand and why you feel it was a mercy killing or why it was a murder from spurned ex.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Have you read the thread??? People are claiming that he planned this, he's been obsessed with her since they broke up 2 years ago, he was jealous of her new potential boyfriend, that he threatened his other friends not to go, he's been doing military style scouting of the park for months... None of that is true, and they're not able to back up their claims with any proof. It is all information made up by a few posters who are trying to twist the facts of the case to fit their own disturbing narrative.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
how evil we are to dare think it was anything more than a mercy killing, etc.
I don't think anyone has called you evil... at least not in this thread. It's just strange that a few posters so desperately want to see evil where there isn't. Isn't the world bad enough? Why the need to make up stories, to create evil where there isn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events