Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 04:30 PM

33,373 posts, read 12,677,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
What happened to dignity? Women exposing themselves in this way, and they get the public disdain they deserve. Everybody is too afraid to say what they really think any more.

A few years ago, I was walking with my wife through our town centre. Towards us came a heavily pregnant woman exposed in a similar way to the woman discussed here.

Her belly was covered in stretch marks, and wasn't a pretty sight. As she passed, I couldn't help but stare. She said, "what the eff you looking at?" I replied, "not much, and that's for sure."

Women used to get respect, but many don't do much to deserve it anymore. I may receive flack here for my opinion. Luckily, I don't care. The truth is the truth, and doesn't change, even though attitudes do.
Sometime during the last half of April of 2012, I heard businessman Foster Friess interviewed on television. 'Foster's candidate' for POTUS Rick Santorum had dropped out on April 10th. IIRC, Friess was supporting Gingrich when I saw him interviewed, so the interview had to have been before April 25th, the day Gingrich dropped out. Friess made a comment about birth control being easy in his day.....when a woman could/would hold a quarter between her knees. I remember laughing, and that the interviewer was upset. I didn't know until a few minutes ago (when I looked up Friess' Wikipedia page) that what I observed was a variation on a similar occurrence from when Santorum was still in the race....with the 'prop' being a Bayer aspirin, and with Andrea Mitchell doing the interview. The 'prop' was different, but the point was the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 04:42 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,440,829 times
Lots of restaurants are desperate for business. They'd take this customer in a heartbeat.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:46 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,466,725 times
I wouldn't want that thing in my line of vision while dining out.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:51 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,440,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
That's what I'm thinking, and as long as the restaurant is consistent with this, with all customers not just pregnant ones, then I see no issue with what happened here. While I find her outfit ridiculous and immature for a pregnant 35 year old (I read her age on another article), and really any 35 year old, I would find it a little messed up if the restaurant picked on her yet allowed other girls/women wearing crop tops in. ?
Oh, good grief. 35 is not ancient.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:24 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,051,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Oh, good grief. 35 is not ancient.
Didn't say it was, but I don't think 35 year olds need to be going out to eat in crop tops. Especially pregnant ones. Like I said before, are you walking on the beach? Fine. Are you trying to go eat inside a restaurant? Not fine.

Why do some people make it a point online to twist what others say and overreact to it? I'll never understand.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:32 PM

581 posts, read 458,556 times
She looks tacky and trashy. That outfit is inappropriate for a restaurant.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:35 PM

574 posts, read 385,380 times
I would've kicked her out too, pregnant or not

Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 PM

33,028 posts, read 36,600,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Didn't say it was, but I don't think 35 year olds need to be going out to eat in crop tops. Especially pregnant ones. Like I said before, are you walking on the beach? Fine. Are you trying to go eat inside a restaurant? Not fine.

Why do some people make it a point online to twist what others say and overreact to it? I'll never understand.
Thirty five?! There's no hope. As someone said earlier, pity the child.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:57 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,935,062 times
To each their own, but I can't imagine being as ruffled by another person's choice of clothing as some of you all.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:09 AM

11,943 posts, read 5,900,256 times
Checking the restaurant's Face book page - they did offer and apology but as you can see most of the people disagree an apology was due. The restaurant may very well have issued that apology because of fear of the social justice warriors on their business and nothing more.

The lady ???? in question has taken down the picture and has made her page accessible to only friends - so I don't think she was very popular. She just wanted her 15 minutes of fame - unfortunately she didn't get the reaction she wanted.

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzInnMary...63272373692434
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events