Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 11:41 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What's shocking to me is that Sherin Matthew's adoptive mother is a Registered Nurse at a children's hospital.

She shouldn't be.

I certainly would not take my child to any hospital she worked at.
Well...that's a matter for her employers, not us. So far she hasn't even been arrested or charged with anything. My guess is she's on a leave of absence.

I do find it extremely bizarre that her husband allegedly allowed a three year-old to choke on milk while a registered nurse slumbered upstairs.

Quote:
Perhaps these racists should understand that Indian people are classified as Caucasian.

And people of all ethnicities and races abuse and/or murder children.
I made that same argument just the other day in another forum (that Indians are Caucasian).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 11:56 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I never believed the first story and I have trouble believing the second story. I think he straight up killed her. I mean you could kill some one with milk, but it would be a really abusive situation that should be classified as murder anyways.

But what keeps alarming me is that she was "found in the bushes", or that was the claim by the adoption agency/orphanage. And his first story is that he essentially put her in the bushes (or tree as it is stated) as a punishment. Something about those two things together I find very disturbing.
Wow that is very interesting and insightful-- I'm no psychologist but I wonder about the dynamic psychologically if there's something about even in a subconscious way his mind linked the two together? If that makes sense? In other words, he was aware she was found in some bushes originally...later after adopting her he makes a reference in his alibi story to being left by a tree shrub area, if there's something to that where a forensic psychiatrist would find this somehow telling?

On a slightly different but related issue of the milk story. It's just my own hunch that milk played no role- there was never any waking her up to insist she drink milk-- I felt after thinking over the whole thing more that the fact she was underweight for her age became in his non brilliant mind a good alibi- police, my daughter needed more nutrition, so I woke her to make her drink milk. She refused so I naturally dumped her across an alley, oops sometimes coyotes roam around there at 3 am. Knock knock police, it's me again-- slight update- so there was milk, but a bit different what happened was I took her to the garage, at 3 am to DRINK MILK, because I'm a good dad and concerned about nutrition. I cared so much about her drinking the milk to gain weight that I forced it down her throat til she choked- I didn't want to wake up my pediatric RN wife to help, so I just figured she was probably dead anyway and left her body in a ditch.
Because I cared about her drinking milk.

He saw the nutrition issue as a way to cover his butt but was incredibly dumb so the whole thing was unbelievable to most. He hoped it would be seen as a poor dad just trying to help his toddler gain weight and was really bad at lying. So imo milk didn't ever play a role in this- it was just he best excuse he could think of for how it all happened

Last edited by mondayafternoons; 10-25-2017 at 12:08 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Well...that's a matter for her employers, not us. So far she hasn't even been arrested or charged with anything. My guess is she's on a leave of absence. .
She hasn't been charged with anything. But it was my understanding that CPS had previously visited these parents, before Sherin disappeared.

So something had been up, for a while, and she might have known that her husband was an abuser.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:10 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,648 times
Quote:
She hasn't been charged with anything. But it was my understanding that CPS had previously visited these parents, before Sherin disappeared.

So something had been up, for a while, and she might have known that her husband was an abuser.
Or... she was...?? And he may have been the dumb galumpf who took the fall for it?? Icy cold mother, zero emotion or concern except for lawyering up.. no tears or desperation or anything remotely close to the range of normal parent behavior... she seems too cool a customer... maybe she did it and sent dumb galumpf hubby off to dispose of the body?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Wow that is very interesting and insightful-- I'm no psychologist but I wonder about the dynamic psychologically if there's something about even in a subconscious way his mind linked the two together? If that makes sense? In other words, he was aware she was found in some bushes originally...later after adopting her he makes a reference in his alibi story to being left by a tree shrub area, if there's something to that where a forensic psychiatrist would find this somehow telling?

On a slightly different but related issue of the milk story. It's just my own hunch that milk played no role- there was never any waking her up to insist she drink milk-- I felt after thinking over the whole thing more that the fact she was underweight for her age became in his non brilliant mind a good alibi- police, my daughter needed more nutrition, so I woke her to make her drink milk. She refused so I naturally dumped her across an alley, oops sometimes coyotes roam around there at 3 am. Knock knock police, it's me again-- slight update- so there was milk, but a bit different what happened was I took her to the garage, at 3 am to DRINK MILK, because I'm a good dad and concerned about nutrition. I cared so much about her drinking the milk to gain weight that I forced it down her throat til she choked- I didn't want to wake up my pediatric RN wife to help, so I just figured she was probably dead anyway and left her body in a ditch.

He saw the nutrition issue as a way to cover his butt but was incredibly dumb so the whole thing was unbelievable to most. He hoped it would be seen as a poor dad just trying to help his toddler gain weight and was really bad at lying. So imo milk didn't ever play a role in this- it was just he best excuse he could think of for how it all happened
I guess I should know better than to believe any story he provides. So if it wasn't milk, IMO that brings us back to the nighttime molestations theory. Which would explain why mom was asleep; if his habit was to "visit" the child in the wee hours of the night, he'd make sure his wife was asleep and wouldn't know he's gone from their room.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-25-2017 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 12:53 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post

Yeah, I think the bush/tree thing was a "tell" of some sort. From the mind of a sociopath. We have seen it before with parents who kill their children.

Could you imagine if she was actually found in bushes and then he actually punished her by abandoning her in any type of foliage? The degree of mental abuse that would be is off the charts.

I also don't think milk was part of it. Something is seriously wrong with this man. I had an underweight child and our pediatrician just had me keep her on the bottle with whole milk much longer then I did with my son. And then with a sippee cup also much longer because that is how she would more easily take milk. But when she got sick and went way underweight, they gave us shakes for her, which she wouldn't drink. So we kept her diet balanced but added more high calorie foods then we would have normally done. I don't think a doctor would ever advise force feeding milk at 3am. But yeah "look at what a dedicated dad I am to get up and force feed my daughter milk at 3am" sounds like its his angle. Its just total BS.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:56 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
I know many Indian people and they say they are Asian. I'm confused.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:18 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
I posted a while back that the couple came from the state of Kerala in India. It is a state with a substantial number of Christians who believe they were converted by the disciple, Thomas in the first century.

Re the name "Matthew", it is indeed a common name and is used as both a first and last name. Most of the given names for Christians in that state are biblical and usually from the New Testament though there are some that are from the Old Testament. The names tend to repeat themselves over several generations.

This is because tradition requires that the first son and daughter are named after the father's parents and the second son and daughter are named after the mother's parents ........ and so it continues from generation to generation. More recently this rule is not followed as strictly especially among immigrants from Kerala who settled here. Sini, is almost certainly a nick name, and she probably has a biblical name that is used for official purposes. Wesley, OTOH, is an unusual name for someone from Kerala.

The above is a brief synopsis of the naming system among Christians from Kerala - there is more to it but going into greater detail would probably confuse matters.
"Wesley" is not at all unusual for families with Methodist heritage. I have no idea if this is the case with the Mathews family or not, but it is a name with considerable Christian, if not Biblical, significance and history.

I wonder if Wesley Mathews' full name might be "John Wesley Mathews", or perhaps "Charles Wesley Mathews". John was the founder of Methodism; his brother Charles wrote thousands of hymns, many of which appear in most Protestant (and probably Catholic) hymnals.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:21 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
India is in Asia. But they're not Asiatics. They're Indo-Europeans, except for the Dravidians, and the tribal peoples.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:24 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
Quote:
India is on the Asian continent. That's why.

So yes, they are Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events