Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 02:55 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
That mom is off... no show of emotion, not a tear.. no desperation or searching, crying or begging on tv for her daughters return... just an icy cold demeanor and consult with attorney.. she is a pos
My daughter wandered off in an HEB when she was three. I always kept my kids in my line of sight, but she went down the aisle and turned before I could catch her. I called to her, several times, looked down both aisles, then, I lost it. I started screaming help! My daughter's missing! Help! I screamed so loud I got the entire store's attention. The manager came over and got a description, it went on the loudspeaker, other shoppers left their carts and joined the hunt, men stood at the doors and exits, police were called----and my little girl was found, safe and sound, hiding in a pumpkin display! Ok, so, she just wandered off, but I wasn't giving any pervert a chance to make off with her. Did I make a fool of myself? Probably, but who cares, as long as she was safe. Part of being a parent is taking responsibility for their safety, if you make a fool of yourself protecting them, so what?

I simply can't imagine not reacting if your child is missing, especially for hours in the middle of the night

Besides, the story about giving her a glass of milk at 3 am is strange, if true. Maybe she woke up in the middle of the night hungry, or a bad dream, but that doesn't fit. Kids that age are usually sound sleepers.

!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 02:59 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
That mom is off... no show of emotion, not a tear.. no desperation or searching, crying or begging on tv for her daughters return... just an icy cold demeanor and consult with attorney.. she is a pos
But, remember another mother, crying on TV for the return of her two boys she claimed were kidnapped, then it turned out she had drown them herself by strapping them into a truck and shoving it into the river, all so her boyfriend would marry her without the kids. Remember---Susan Smith?

Old 10-25-2017, 05:44 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
I'm a firm believer the truth will come out. Hopefully the Coroner has established a cause of death.

I'd bet he smothered her and is just trying to make it sound like it was more accidental. Child abusers / baby killers don't do well in prison. Especially being from India, he'll have no group of similar nationality like blacks, whites or hispanics to watch his back.

I would not want to be in his shoes.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:36 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Besides, the story about giving her a glass of milk at 3 am is strange, if true. Maybe she woke up in the middle of the night hungry, or a bad dream, but that doesn't fit. Kids that age are usually sound sleepers.

!
If I were there when you were screaming about your kid, if be panicking right along with you/for you.

My 3 year old has been waking up lately with dreams about bugs. My son did the same at her age. I read their dreams get really vivid as their imagination stretches. Otherwise, they both sleep great.

Of course the story makes no sense bc it is horsesh**.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:03 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
It was my understanding the mother dumped her in some bushes.... bio uncle or grandma not to blame for that are they??
My point is that the agency that handled her adoption apparently does not know who her biological family is since she was abandoned in some bushes, according to the media. It's not like the bio parents dropped her off in a basket with a note or something.

Quote:
Why people are interested.... the murder of a 3 yr old by a man who chose to adopt her. Tragic murder and death of a toddler should be reason enough??
You'd think it would be, but sadly that's not the case. Not every murdered toddler gets this much media attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
What Indian culture? The parents are American. Or did you just assume their culture because they are ethnically Indian? Do you assume that every white American has a European culture they follow? Does every Koleski follow Polish culture? Does every MacPherson follow Scottish culture? Does every Friedrichs follow German culture? Does every DeVito follow Italian culture? Does every Vandenberg follow Dutch culture? No, they are afforded the privilege of being assumed to be American unless they insist otherwise. Your racism is showing.
They're not American, they're Indian immigrants. Fairly recent immigrants from what I understand. What, you think because the dude's name is "Wesley Mathews" he can't possibly be Indian? They all have to be named Srinivathasan Kamaramadamareddy or something? Do you realize how common the name "Mathews" actually is in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm a firm believer the truth will come out. Hopefully the Coroner has established a cause of death.

I'd bet he smothered her and is just trying to make it sound like it was more accidental. Child abusers / baby killers don't do well in prison. Especially being from India, he'll have no group of similar nationality like blacks, whites or hispanics to watch his back.

I don't feel sorry for that scumbag. Not one bit. He'll probably get put in some kind of protective custody. Inmates regardless of ethnicity are pretty unkind to men who murder their own toddler daughters.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:24 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,982 times
Yes, one down and one to go... that's what I'm talking about and needs to happen and I've been thinking about such off out of place behavior by the mother...I just saw the headline on a Texas news outlet saying "More arrests possible in Sherin Matthews case-- mother not cooperating"-- crossing fingers, Hail Marys said-- one to go...

Old 10-25-2017, 07:56 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Yes, one down and one to go... that's what I'm talking about and needs to happen and I've been thinking about such off out of place behavior by the mother...I just saw the headline on a Texas news outlet saying "More arrests possible in Sherin Matthews case-- mother not cooperating"-- crossing fingers, Hail Marys said-- one to go...
You mean this one:

'More arrests possible' in Sherin Mathews case, police say mother 'not co-operating'

That's an Indian news outlet, not a Texas one.

I find it particularly interesting how the media...the Indian media in particular...has repeatedly emphasized the child's nation of origin but not the parents' nation of origin. Are they afraid of disparaging a country of over 1 billion people because two sick twisted Indian monsters allegedly murdered their adopted child?

I think we can all safely assume that the overwhelming majority of Indians are not murderers...we don't need to be told that. We're not idiots.

So...why the radio silence on the fact that the parents are Indian? The Indian consulate is closely following this case according to the media, but no mention is made of them offering any assistance whatsoever to Wesley Mathews. It's pretty common for a consulate or embassy to send representatives to offer assistance to one of their own when they're arrested in a foreign country.

If the Mathews were from Mexico or Syria, you better believe the media would mention that every time they updated the story.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:01 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,982 times
My tears are my prayer-- one down and ONE TO GO...might as well go for broke, in order for justice to happen both people involved in her murder need to go down...

Old 10-25-2017, 08:15 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Diwali will be the sound he makes when Zeke has his way with him.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:18 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Diwali will be the sound he makes when Zeke has his way with him.
Um. He's christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events