Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 09:56 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,949,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Her poor bio relatives in India I heard have made statements... I wonder if she will be laid to rest here or returned to bio relatives in India? This whole thing is just so tragic and heartbreaking, it was welcome relief to hear he messed up and changed his story and is now sitting in a cell saying oh sh**
Those would be adoptive relatives in India, as little Sherin, then about a year old, was found abandoned in the bushes and her bio. parents were never located.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-24-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 10:04 AM

Breaking news: the arrest affidavit for Wesley Mathews changes his story entirely. Now he claims he was trying to get Sherin to drink her milk in the GARAGE, at 3:00 a.m. She balked, he " physically assisted" her - and the child choked and died. He could feel no pulse so assumed she was dead and left the house with her body.

The end.

What a stupid man this must be. What a dumb story, which raises more questions than it answers. No panicked call to Sherin's adoptive mother, who was a pediatric RN, no call to 911 - and who takes a little child into the garage at 3:00 a.m. to get her to drink milk?

But now Mathews admits being present when Sherin died, and to being the instrument of her death. He also admits not reaching out for assistance and to telling a false story (story #1) for two weeks, while others frantically searched for his lost child. And he admits removing her body from the home, evidently shortly after her death.

This is false story #2. However, it may contain elements of truth. More of the truth will be revealed with the autopsy report, of course - Sherin's little body will help bring the perpetrators of this terrible crime against this little child to justice.

The mother's cold demeanor speaks volumes. She may have also been a victim of a controlling man - but she was supposed to love and protect her children above all else. I now think both parents are in this up to their necks, and am very thankful that their older child will likely never be returned to them.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:21 AM

4,856 posts, read 3,669,159 times
Apparently they found her body.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:22 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,607,697 times
Nice try #2 there dad. Glad he confessed though that he was present at her death. They should be able to throw his story out asap. I'm not sure you can choke to death on a liquid? I bet he strangled her.

Either way, he killed her and I hope he rots in the utter depths of hell.

Last edited by Mr_Geek; 10-24-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Apparently they found her body.
A child's body, believed to be that of Sherin, was found in a culvert about 1/2 mile from the family home on Sunday morning about 48 hours ago, as has been widely reported.

Read the later entries in this thread to catch up - much has happened since the discovery of the body, which has still not been officially identified. An autopsy is in progress at present, Wesley Mathews has turned himself in and changed his first unbelievable story for a second unbelievable story, and Sini Mathews is still silent.

Wesley Mathews is now charged with committing injury to a child - I strongly expect those charges will be upgraded once the autopsy report is released.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,799,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
What possible reason is there to have a child up at 3AM and insist that she drink milk? That in and of itself seems bizarre to me.

Not if you've ever seen an abusive family. A typical thing they do is wake the kid up in the middle of the night because they found a dirty dish in the sink and make the kid wash every dish in the house and dry them and put them all away. And they better be up right on time for nursery school the next day.

Yes, even if the kid is only 3.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:59 AM

The medical examiner has just confirmed that the body found Sunday morning is that of little Sherin. No cause of death released as of yet.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:42 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,843,281 times
Father now admits he dumped the body after the girl choked to death on her milk. Scumbag

Old 10-24-2017, 12:01 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,926,967 times
His story was an obvious cover up and I don't think the police were stupid enough to believe it from day one. He clearly killed her and is grasping at straws to avoid paying for his crime. The cops have to do their job, but I would bet they were looking for a body from the first call. But its unraveling for him. So good.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:05 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Nice try #2 there dad. Glad he confessed though that he was present at her death. They should be able to throw his story out asap. I'm not sure you can choke to death on a liquid? I bet he strangled her.

Either way, he killed her and I hope he rots in the utter depths of hell.
A small child could sort of drown from a liquid being administered in too much volume, too fast, probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events