Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 12:08 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't believe it - do you?
Not a word when I first read it-- thought he's dumber than he looks. Well stupid is as stupid does, now he just talked himself into a one way ticket to visit da boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This a classic case of trying to CYA (Cover your butt). He did something to this little girl most likely and is trying to find a way out of it. Send this guy to the chair asap.
Yea and maybe a glass of milk as his last request for a meal... a nice tall glass of milk

Old 10-24-2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Send em both to prison for life and let the inmates take care of em.
"Da boys in the hood are always hard, go talking your s*** and they'll pull your card"... Wesley should've thought over more if he really wanted to go see the boys over there

Old 10-24-2017, 06:02 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Yes, sweat....
The old "changing the story f up" ... well now he's f***** himself.. da boys over there in the Texas pen will like him....but, most importantly may that little girl now have her eternal rest.
Whatever he said or did was probably under the advice of his attorney. Which still makes me wonder if we'll ever know the true story.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Use Google maps to find 900 block of Sunningdale.
Then scroll up slightly and you'll see the cross-streets of the culvert: Spring Valley and Bowser. It's just north of there. Very close. Easily walkable by a 3 year old.

Now turn on the Google earth sat view and switch to street view. You can see the tiny culvert.

I have a hard time believing a grown man could fit in there.

So this gets weirder.

A grown man could toss 22 lbs of dead weight into an opening that size.

Additionally, as others have stated, we had heavy rains very early on Sunday morning and it's possible her body was washed by them to the location where it was found.

Personally I think the father did it. I don't believe that kid wandered off by herself and died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Wesley Mathews has just turned himself in - telling a different story to the police and being arrested for "felony injury to a child", with a cool million in bail. I suppose he's not yet charged with murder because the autopsy report has not yet been released. Or perhaps they were deliberately waiting to release it to turn up the heat and make him sweat.

Justice for Sherin...

...aaaaaaaaaaand here's why I think she didn't wander off on her own. RPD's doing a great job on this as far as I can tell...keep it up guys!

Quote:
Yea and maybe a glass of milk as his last request for a meal... a nice tall glass of milk
Hahaha, if only Texas still granted "last meal" requests to death row inmates.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...nal-meals.html

Old 10-24-2017, 07:56 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Whatever he said or did was probably under the advice of his attorney. Which still makes me wonder if we'll ever know the true story.
The state of Sherin's little body will tell us much about what happened to this beautiful, tiny little child.

Toddlers whine, say "NO!", pout, throw tantrums and can be difficult. No question of that. My guess is that Wesley Mathews had little patience for such typical, normal childish behavior and did something which resulted in Sherin's death. But little Sherin would have cried, probably loudly, unless she was immediately rendered unconscious, which seems unlikely - yet her mother claims to have slept through the night.

I would really prefer to think of Sini Mathews, the mother, as another innocent victim in this terrible case - her little girls were meticulously groomed, beautifully dressed, taken to Sunday School, were clearly close to each other (there's that children's choir video showing them holding hands and occasionally gazing at each other). Was that all a façade?

How could a loving mother sleep though her child's screams? Or was screaming something that happened routinely in the Mathews house? How could a loving mother refuse to assist in the search for her lost child? Was Sini cowed by Wesley Mathews? Was she threatened? Was she afraid for her surviving child? Could the surviving child have somehow caused her little sister's death, and is this all a cover-up? (highly doubtful).

Those wooden spoons keep haunting me. Thank goodness Sherin's four-year-old sister has been removed from her "parents"' "care".

Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Lethal injection.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Lethal injection.
May his conscience become his worst enemy-- some day, some time...to bother him night and day a constant judge on his shoulder reminding him wth he did until he breaks...

I'm not gonna mince words-- I believe that adoptive mother played a role- whether it was a direct role or just turning the other way knowing what he did to Sherin-- probably night not happen but that woman was in the house living there with all that going on. I don't think it's an honest or reasonable to give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know anything. But now she's lost everything- her ugly dumb husband, her bio daughter hopefully for good and little Sherin. Even if adoptive mother didn't play a direct role in Sherins death her role was still direct if she had any idea something happened and said nothing which is what happened. She had to know at least in part he did something to her-- also how could she not be aware Sherin was not there once it was 6,7,8 am? She didn't appear to really care at all about Sherin even after everyone was searching she looked cold and unconcerned and just talking with a lawyer. Wth mother would be coldly meeting with a lawyer when her 3 yr old is missing ?? Any mom would be crying or hysterical, desperately searching, not composednand cold walking in a courthouse with no expression on her face. When this other famous case happened years ago, a 6 yr old girl was missing for a while before they found her body-- Samantha Runnion-- the mother was hysterical, she spoke of how she was crying and running around looking for her, approaching strangers screaming and crying if they saw her baby. So this adoptive mothers demeanor does not add up to grieving innocent mother.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
May his conscience become his worst enemy-- some day, some time...to bother him night and day a constant judge on his shoulder reminding him wth he did until he breaks...

I'm not gonna mince words-- I believe that adoptive mother played a role- whether it was a direct role or just turning the other way knowing what he did to Sherin-- probably night not happen but that woman was in the house living there with all that going on. I don't think it's an honest or reasonable to give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know anything. But now she's lost everything- her ugly dumb husband, her bio daughter hopefully for good and little Sherin. Even if adoptive mother didn't play a direct role in Sherins death her role was still direct if she had any idea something happened and said nothing which is what happened. She had to know at least in part he did something to her-- also how could she not be aware Sherin was not there once it was 6,7,8 am? She didn't appear to really care at all about Sherin even after everyone was searching she looked cold and unconcerned and just talking with a lawyer. Wth mother would be coldly meeting with a lawyer when her 3 yr old is missing ?? Any mom would be crying or hysterical, desperately searching, not composednand cold walking in a courthouse with no expression on her face. When this other famous case happened years ago, a 6 yr old girl was missing for a while before they found her body-- Samantha Runnion-- the mother was hysterical, she spoke of how she was crying and running around looking for her, approaching strangers screaming and crying if they saw her baby. So this adoptive mothers demeanor does not add up to grieving innocent mother.
I think the mom at least knew. CPS had had contact with this family prior to Sherin going missing. CPS gets some bogus calls, sure, but still...it stinks.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Her poor bio relatives in India I heard have made statements... I wonder if she will be laid to rest here or returned to bio relatives in India? This whole thing is just so tragic and heartbreaking, it was welcome relief to hear he messed up and changed his story and is now sitting in a cell saying oh sh**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events