Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 12:31 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,428,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
3-Year-Old Missing After Left Outside For Not Drinking Milk: Cops | HuffPost

...her father should be thrown under the jail and left to rot.

Sherin’s father, Westley Mathews, allegedly told police that he ordered the three-feet-tall, 22-pound child to stand by a tree near an alley as punishment over the milk dispute. He returned to check on her 15 minutes later but found her gone. He didn’t call police until five hours later, Sgt. Kevin Perlich told Dallas-Fort Worth station KXAS-TV.

“Why was the last sighting at 3 o’clock and the parents not call us until after 8 a.m.? That’s the question we want answered as well,” Perlich told the station. “As far as why she was out there, how long she was out there, that’s the questions we have for the parents.”
What about the family who left their 3 yr old toddler in a corn maze overnight and didn't even MISS HIM untill the next morning???? HOW does that happen?? Thankfully, someone found the toddler walking in the maze and took him to the police and they called in Social Services. It sounded like SS gave the kid back in the morning when the Mom came looking for him, but don't hold me to that, as it was vague. Still, no matter how many kids you have, HOW do you forget a 3 yr old OVERNIGHT???
As for this poor child, I am betting she was killed that same night. The coyote part of the story didn't make sense and surly IF she had been attacked someone would have heard her screaming. It's certainly a crazy world we all live in these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 06:36 AM

17,364 posts, read 22,123,192 times
Sadly that kid is dead in a shallow grave somewhere........

Old 10-13-2017, 06:45 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
The car being gone may also point to another possibility - that she was transported and given to someone else.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:09 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,889,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Yep

Old 10-14-2017, 02:18 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,513,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The car being gone may also point to another possibility - that she was transported and given to someone else.
That's what I keep thinking and I hate it. Apparently there was an "interfaith" prayer vigil at the alley tree last evening and that is bothering me. I keep wondering how many of the people there were from the family's church. I'm just cynical. Great uncle Philip, "They are nice people. The parents and everybody is nice and believers in Christ." I can't find anything online about their church, that it might be the kind of place where severe punishment for not drinking milk at 3 am would be normal. Can't pull up Emmanuel Bible Chapel.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
That's what I keep thinking and I hate it. Apparently there was an "interfaith" prayer vigil at the alley tree last evening and that is bothering me. I keep wondering how many of the people there were from the family's church. I'm just cynical. Great uncle Philip, "They are nice people. The parents and everybody is nice and believers in Christ." I can't find anything online about their church, that it might be the kind of place where severe punishment for not drinking milk at 3 am would be normal. Can't pull up Emmanuel Bible Chapel.
Yuck, my daughter belonged to some freaky church in Lumberton (I think), Texas. It had Emmanuel its name. Just because a place calls itself a church, does not always make it so.

A little boy was starved to death by "church" members in Attleboro, Massachusetts a few years ago because he cried. Of course he cried, he was starving!! I used to drive by the apt complex all the time. Made me sick when the news broke.

This world is terminally sick.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:10 PM

I think that if someone is deciding whether or not to become a parent, they should only do so if and when they realize that ushering a young person into adulthood is not just a responsibility.

It is an honor and a privilege.

Get your ego and your emotion out of it.

Understand that a little child is a little child and can't help how they are and how they react as they navigate the difficult milestones of cognitive and physical maturation.

Just...GAH!

Old 10-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
NBC news video on their facebook page. Interesting question and answer feedback below the story.

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerre...7922946350489/

Old 10-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Another article.

It seems he might get away with this. He's not dumb - it appears he turned off his GPS in his car for the hours he was missing, and I'm guessing he didn't take his cell phone along with him.

Answers elude police one week after Richardson girl's disappearance | KVUE.com

Old 10-15-2017, 07:26 PM

��

How do you turn off the tracking on your car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events