Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 11:38 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,158,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, if she really needed to drink her milk, why not just order her milk for her meal at the restaurant? Put the other glass of milk in the refrigerator and drink it later. I find it so hard to believe that all this happened over a glass of milk, but if something else happened, who would think to make up this story? I just can't wrap my head around how someone can be so cruel to a child.
Personally I don't think they murdered her or left her home alone because of a glass of milk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 11:50 AM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
This is awful. It just goes from awful to worse.

So, this couple immigrated from India, to end up in jail? Or were they both raised here? Clearly, they have some screws loose.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Personally I don't think they murdered her or left her home alone because of a glass of milk
It just seems like such a strange lie to tell. She didn't drink her milk, so he took her into the garage and forced her to drink it. How is that the lie someone comes up with? And I know the original story about sending her outside for not drinking milk was a lie, but it still involved him being angry over a glass of milk. We might not ever know the real story, but it might just be one of those times when the truth is stranger then fiction.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
I'm not sure she was still alive when they left for the restaurant.

When did anyone outside of the parents last see her alive?

Old 11-17-2017, 12:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

That's the night before she supposedly disappeared. Now I wonder, when did she actually die?

None of their stories add up, but they keep changing their stories to fit with something new that the police find out.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:26 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is awful. It just goes from awful to worse.

So, this couple immigrated from India, to end up in jail? Or were they both raised here? Clearly, they have some screws loose.
They're Indian immigrants. And...uncommon for Indians...Christian.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:46 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,158,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Very possible wondered it myself

Old 11-18-2017, 10:00 AM

Just curious, I wonder if India has laws as strict as Texas, regarding child endangerment. Child endangerment in Texas is a felony. So the Mathews leaving their 3 year old home alone, while the rest of the family went to a restaurant, is why Sini Mathews is being charged with a felony. Did they not know this was a crime or did they not care?

Old 11-18-2017, 10:13 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Just curious, I wonder if India has laws as strict as Texas, regarding child endangerment. Child endangerment in Texas is a felony. So the Mathews leaving their 3 year old home alone, while the rest of the family went to a restaurant, is why Sini Mathews is being charged with a felony. Did they not know this was a crime or did they not care?
I don't think they were from India. And Texas doesn't have a age in which it is a felony to leave them alone at home. The rule of thumb had been "if the kid doesn't get hurt while you are gone, its all good". But I would go out on a limb to say the cops believe the woman was somehow partly at fault for her death and is looking for things to charge her with...either to get cooperation or to get her *some* time.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't think they were from India. And Texas doesn't have a age in which it is a felony to leave them alone at home. .
All the news reports say that they were Indian.

The news report about Sini Mathews said that leaving a child at home alone is considered child endangerment and is a felony in Texas.

Are you saying all these news reports are false? I'm just trying to understand your point here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events