Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 08:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,388,150 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Si...460280873.html

Sini Mathews Remains in Jail Through Holiday, Bond Reduction Hearing Monday

The hearing should be going on as we speak or should already be over. We'll probably get updates on it around noon, or possibly on the 5pm news here in DFW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 08:56 AM

35,853 posts, read 18,173,063 times
The article has been updated to say bond has been reduced to 100K.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The article has been updated to say bond has been reduced to 100K.
Ugh, wonderful. She'll probably bond out then.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Ugh, wonderful. She'll probably bond out then.
I think she probably will.

I don't think, though, that she will get her biological daughter back. Hope not. Although there didn't seem to be any history of mistreatment of the bio girl.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:30 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,435,871 times
OMG. I just watched that. She is a flight risk if she gets out on bond. In November, before she was arrested, she was trying to get her bio daughter's vaccination records, so they could send the child back to India with her relatives, but it's believed Sini would try to go back with her. This is a woman who plots and schemes and has still shown no remorse whatsoever.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
OMG. I just watched that. She is a flight risk if she gets out on bond. In November, before she was arrested, she was trying to get her bio daughter's vaccination records, so they could send the child back to India with her relatives, but it's believed Sini would try to go back with her. This is a woman who plots and schemes and has still shown no remorse whatsoever.
I agree. I think she's a flight risk and if she gets hold of her bio daughter, she'll be on the next thing smoking back to India and will never face justice here.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:19 PM

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure her booking it back to India to raise her daughter would be the worst thing in the world. It would save our foster care system from having to raise this child, and our court system from the burden of a trial, and there is no indication she has any desire to harm her own child - unlike the defenseless adopted one.

I think I could look the other way for a week while she assembles the passports and buys a ticket.

Does anyone know if they're US citizens?

Old 11-27-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure her booking it back to India to raise her daughter would be the worst thing in the world. It would save our foster care system from having to raise this child, and our court system from the burden of a trial, and there is no indication she has any desire to harm her own child - unlike the defenseless adopted one.

I think I could look the other way for a week while she assembles the passports and buys a ticket.

Does anyone know if they're US citizens?
I doubt it. It takes years for an H1B holder (that is likely what brought Wesley Mathews to the US) to get a green card and once they have a green card, they have to wait years again to be eligible to apply for US citizenship. I know only a handful of Indians born in India who have actually become US citizens. As in maybe 2-3 out of the dozens and dozens I've worked with. I think part of that is due to the length of time it takes someone on a dual-intent visa (i.e. the H1B) to actually go through the process of becoming a permanent resident and then becoming a US citizen, and part of it is due to a lack of desire on the immigrant's part. There's no real penalty for them aside from not being able to vote and it's extremely unlikely that a green card holder would be deported unless they committed a violent crime (after serving their sentence) or lied on their visa application (and even then it's not all that likely).

I knew a dude (from Europe) on a green card who racked up multiple DUIs and never saw the inside of an immigration court. The immigration system couldn't have cared less about his DUIs.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:27 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,435,871 times
Quote:
In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure her booking it back to India to raise her daughter would be the worst thing in the world. It would save our foster care system from having to raise this child, and our court system from the burden of a trial, and there is no indication she has any desire to harm her own child - unlike the defenseless adopted one.?
I actually wouldn't have a problem with her going back to her country, as long as she never comes back here. And never adopts any more kids.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:28 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,799,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I actually wouldn't have a problem with her going back to her country, as long as she never comes back here. And never adopts any more kids.

And has her tubes tied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events