Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 01:31 PM

139 posts, read 131,369 times

Advertisements

I like stories with happy endings.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:36 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,576,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
^ He took a life because he's just as much of a lowlife as the baby killer is. Some people have very warped senses of justice. This goes back, again, to my point of asking why inmates feel they have a right to judge others like this? I get that it happens, I'm just pointing out the actual ridiculousness of it. It's honestly funny to me, in both a sort of amusing and not at all amusing way, that convicts or whatever sit in jail or prison and think to themselves, hmm, well sure I committed three armed robberies [for example] but this guy killed a kid, clearly I have the right to kill him. Honestly illogical. While killing is obviously worse, a three-time armed robber is also a danger to society who has no right to judge - from his prison cell - someone else who's a danger to society. This goes beyond this case, and to the idea of "prison justice" in general. Warped.

These people are clearly danger to society. For all we know (because pretty sure we don't), this guy was also in there for murder. So the murderer murdered another murderer. I don't think that's good in any sense. It just makes him someone who killed two people rather than one, assuming he already killed one.
To understand it you would have to be able to relate to a prisoner. I have not been in prison but have two people that I know that served time in prison. It is microcosm of our world, but with far more at stake. Anything can set off an inmate. Feeling disrespected, cutting in line, being a child killer. Many things can get you a beating or worse.

Do I feel bad for a child killer getting killed in prison. Absolutely not. I don't celebrate it either but he took that risk when he beat a child to death. That is life in prison.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:44 PM

17,682 posts, read 13,498,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Who says this forum doesn't have good news on it.

Accused is a hero and should have sentence reduced and commended for his actions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dad-punch...095025528.html
Wonderful news

There is a special place in Hell waiting for him

Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,926,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
To understand it you would have to be able to relate to a prisoner. I have not been in prison but have two people that I know that served time in prison. It is microcosm of our world, but with far more at stake. Anything can set off an inmate. Feeling disrespected, cutting in line, being a child killer. Many things can get you a beating or worse.

Do I feel bad for a child killer getting killed in prison. Absolutely not. I don't celebrate it either but he took that risk when he beat a child to death. That is life in prison.
Should it be? Really?

Considering that there are so many people in prison that are not guilty, that have convictions for non-violent crimes, in prison for "crimes" that many doubt are real crimes and so on...do they deserve to live in that atmosphere? Did they take that "risk" when being wrongfully convicted? Or got caught with a couple baggies of pot (for personal use)? Etc? At what point do people sign up for being confined in a place where we cant even provide for their basic safety. We could...we, as a culture, just don't care enough. Its us against them. And its archaic

Old 11-17-2017, 01:55 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,576,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Should it be? Really?

Considering that there are so many people in prison that are not guilty, that have convictions for non-violent crimes, in prison for "crimes" that many doubt are real crimes and so on...do they deserve to live in that atmosphere? Did they take that "risk" when being wrongfully convicted? Or got caught with a couple baggies of pot (for personal use)? Etc? At what point do people sign up for being confined in a place where we cant even provide for their basic safety. We could...we, as a culture, just don't care enough. Its us against them. And its archaic
This story is about a child killer getting killed by another prisoner. You could probably open a thread about our unjust prison system and how nonviolent offenders are treated. You could take up a thread about how we should change laws for sending people to prison for pot, etc. As a culture people pick and choose what they care about. Obviously this is an important issue for you. Other people have other things that they find archaic or unjust.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:30 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,163,704 times
Quote:

Ad nausem repeat of other posts--- we DO NOT know that is why he killed him or if he did it over the proverbial ramen packet

Old 11-17-2017, 04:32 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,163,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Should it be? Really?

High flying
The state doesn't sentence someone to prison time for a baggy of pot

And the truth isn't quite so rosy--- most inmates even if in on a current drug charge have committed violence against others including women/ children. Many have serious personality disorders like sociopathy, psychopath or narcissistic personality disorder that does not make them the best candidates of being capable of true concern for righteousness, justice or compassion.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:49 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,279,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
High flying

And the truth isn't quite so rosy--- most inmates even if in on a current drug charge have committed violence against others including women/ children. Many have serious personality disorders like sociopathy, psychopath or narcissistic personality disorder that does not make them the best candidates of being capable of true concern for righteousness, justice or compassion.
In Mo. they do.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
High flying

Yeah they do (depending on the state and there are people serving life sentences for relatively small amounts of pot). And there are tons of people in prison that don't fit such a narrow definition of yours...who aren't violent, or sociopaths or have NPD. And there are lots of innocent people in there too. And don't say its because they must have been doing something else wrong...for many of them its because of the color of their skin.

If you think that the demographics of prison represent the actual demographics of "good people" and "bad people", I would invite you to do some soul searching.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
This story is about a child killer getting killed by another prisoner. You could probably open a thread about our unjust prison system and how nonviolent offenders are treated. You could take up a thread about how we should change laws for sending people to prison for pot, etc. As a culture people pick and choose what they care about. Obviously this is an important issue for you. Other people have other things that they find archaic or unjust.
So I should just stay quiet because I am not "Woohoo lets let the new murderer out of prison and give him a steak"? Because my posts are on topic for the way people are responding to this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events