Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 05:21 PM

6,482 posts, read 9,864,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
So I should just stay quiet because I am not "Woohoo lets let the new murderer out of prison and give him a steak"? Because my posts are on topic for the way people are responding to this post.
What???

How does someone suggesting you start a new thread on a different subject = saying you should just stay quiet? hahaha

Are you just looking for a reason to argue?

Old 11-17-2017, 06:00 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,045,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

What can we take away from this? If you are celled with someone serving one of more life sentences, don't tell him you murdered your baby, and don't mess with him about anything.

I don't feel bad for anyone but that baby.
Doesn't work that way in prison.
The fellow inmates know about child killers before they arrive.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 PM

926 posts, read 676,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
This story is about a child killer getting killed by another prisoner. You could probably open a thread about our unjust prison system and how nonviolent offenders are treated. You could take up a thread about how we should change laws for sending people to prison for pot, etc. As a culture people pick and choose what they care about. Obviously this is an important issue for you. Other people have other things that they find archaic or unjust.
Couldn't rep you enough. ~ +

Old 11-17-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Ad nausem repeat of other posts--- we DO NOT know that is why he killed him or if he did it over the proverbial ramen packet

You're just NOT getting it - a lot of us DO NOT CARE *WHY* the baby murderer was killed - it could've been over a pack of Ramen, or because he didn't share his ciggie during Exercise Time OR because he KILLED an innocent BABY. Either way, THE RESULT IS STILL THE SAME - it is DEAD. It can no longer harm another little baby EVER EVER AGAIN...because it is now **DEAD**.

THAT is all that matters.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:18 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,926,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Couldn't rep you enough. ~ +
See?

I offer a counter stance to "Hang em high" and I should start my own thread.

Case closed.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 PM

35,839 posts, read 18,173,063 times
Quote:
You're just NOT getting it - a lot of us DO NOT CARE *WHY* the baby murderer was killed - it could've been over a pack of Ramen, or because he didn't share his ciggie during Exercise Time OR because he KILLED an innocent BABY. Either way, THE RESULT IS STILL THE SAME - it is DEAD. It can no longer harm another little baby EVER EVER AGAIN...because it is now **DEAD**.

THAT is all that matters.
Well, no one can say you're not passionate!

April, you do realize this thread started with the OP recommending reducing the sentence for a convicted rapist because while behind bars he killed "one of the bad guys"? This isn't as if the baby killer was in the exercise yard and was struck by lightening, and posters were saying well, ya know, Karma.

This is about advocating for early release of a rapist because he brutalized another horrible example of a human being, when we have no idea what the motive was. No idea.

If I had to guess, the motive was the baby killer looks very weak. That's my guess.

I don't hold a rapist in a whole lot higher esteem than I hold a baby killer. And I certainly wouldn't attaboy this felon for killing a fellow felon.

I wonder how the rape victim(s) feel about this rapist/now murderer being elevated to a hero, for killing one of his own kind? I really think that would hurt my heart, hearing that someone in prison for raping me was now being hailed as a hero for brutalizing yet another person.

Last edited by ClaraC; 11-17-2017 at 06:38 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 06:27 PM

6,482 posts, read 9,864,849 times
Quote:
Should it be? Really?

Considering that there are so many people in prison that are not guilty, that have convictions for non-violent crimes, in prison for "crimes" that many doubt are real crimes and so on...do they deserve to live in that atmosphere? Did they take that "risk" when being wrongfully convicted? Or got caught with a couple baggies of pot (for personal use)? Etc? At what point do people sign up for being confined in a place where we cant even provide for their basic safety. We could...we, as a culture, just don't care enough. Its us against them. And its archaic
Quote:
See?

I offer a counter stance to "Hang em high" and I should start my own thread.

Case closed.
That's not what happened at all but I guess it fits your right to be offended.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, no one can say you're not passionate!

April, you do realize this thread started with the OP recommending reducing the sentence for a convicted rapist because while behind bars he killed "one of the bad guys"? This isn't as if the baby killer was in the exercise yard and was struck by lightening, and posters were saying well, ya know, Karma.

This is about advocating for early release of a rapist because he brutalized another horrible example of a human being, when we have no idea what the motive was. No idea.

If I had to guess, the motive was the baby killer looks very weak. That's my guess.

I wonder how the rape victim(s) feel about this rapist/now murderer being elevated to a hero, for killing one of his own kind? I really think that would hurt my heart, hearing that someone in prison for raping me was now being hailed as a hero for brutalizing yet another person.
I have NEVER advocated that this murderer (who killed the baby killer) should get a lighter sentence or be hailed as a 'hero' for what he has done. Not at all. I am just happy and relieved at THE END RESULT. One less monster in this world to walk the earth killing innocent babies.

The guy in prison who murdered that monster (and I could care less what this guy's crime is) was already in prison to BEGIN WITH. Now that he'll be tried (and CONVICTED) for murder in the 1st degree, society does NOT have to worry about this guy getting an 'early release' - um, quite the contrary. This guy's gonna ROT in prison. But, he'll be doing so with a smile on his face...because he knows - as horrific as a human being that he very well may be - that he has extinguished another demon on this earth from ever hurting another baby/child ever again. While his actions does not make him an 'angel' - it certainly doesn't make him worse than the despicable barely-human being that he killed. Not in my eyes anyways.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:13 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,586,542 times
Quote:
You really want to live in a world like that?
Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook, 911, Las Vegas . . .

What world are YOU living in because the one I am living in -- reality -- is pretty effing crappy.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 PM

35,839 posts, read 18,173,063 times
Quote:
I have NEVER advocated that this murderer (who killed the baby killer) should get a lighter sentence or be hailed as a 'hero' for what he has done. Not at all. I am just happy and relieved at THE END RESULT. One less monster in this world to walk the earth killing innocent babies.

The guy in prison who murdered that monster (and I could care less what this guy's crime is) was already in prison to BEGIN WITH. Now that he'll be tried (and CONVICTED) for murder in the 1st degree, society does NOT have to worry about this guy getting an 'early release' - um, quite the contrary. This guy's gonna ROT in prison. But, he'll be doing so with a smile on his face...because he knows - as horrific as a human being that he very well may be - that he has extinguished another demon on this earth from ever hurting another baby/child ever again. While his actions does not make him an 'angel' - it certainly doesn't make him worse than the despicable barely-human being that he killed. Not in my eyes anyways.
Well, you're in a thread where the OP and many others advocated for a reduced sentence or benefits for the baby killer's murderer. And you're agreeing with them.

Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events