Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 10:17 PM

32,952 posts, read 36,412,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
And we have a regular UPS driver who has told us more than once that he will get in trouble if he spends very long at each location. He never would tell us how long, but he also never dawdled.
They seriously have to keep moving or they're going to get hurt.

The gerania story. Twenty five years or so ago, my husband had a COD which he failed to tell me about. There was some cash in the house, but it came down to dollar bills and quarters. The guy had a schedule. He left the package and covered it for me. Three months later, I saw him ahead of me in line at a convenience store. "I''m buying his coffee." I also made him take the three dollars and change that I had in my pocket. He didn't want it, but I owed him at least that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 AM

1,218 posts, read 687,482 times
Amazon drivers are time limited, they have no time to find a public loo so this is understandable

Old 12-05-2017, 02:05 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,826,008 times
I think I would have found a wooded area to pull over at before I just went like that lol

Old 12-05-2017, 06:40 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
LOL. When you got to go ya got to go. I bet that driver felt sooo good afterwards..

Did they ever catch the popping jogger in CA or AZ?? Now that lady had an issue. This Amazon driver probably ate something bad and she had to relief herself. If it was a one time occurrence then no big deal. (disgusting yes) If this is an daily occurrence then the cops should be called in to help.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:35 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,833,932 times
I would assume she would have preferred the privacy of the van...in a bag or something? I think phantom pooping is rude. If she has IBS she needs a back up plan. Most adults can make it to a bathroom as needed.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:38 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I would assume she would have preferred the privacy of the van...in a bag or something? I think phantom pooping is rude. If she has IBS she needs a back up plan. Most adults can make it to a bathroom as needed.
That would be really messy to poo inside a van. In the streets, all the person has to do is hose down the excrement. The best option would be to poo in a garden or grass to provide human fertilizer.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:38 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,363,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Everyone has at some point in their life had the overwhelming urge to poop immediately. Rather than fouling someones property like an animal, most of us manage to find a toilet or somewhere private to relieve ourselves. We make use of our sphincter muscle & hold on.
All I have to say is be glad that you have never experienced your sphincter muscles failing you as you try to make it home when your stomach suddenly decides to turn on you and there is literally no where to go because you are walking in a strictly residential area. People unfortunately have the same issues with their bladder at times but that is not as messy.

One time I was walking my dog and he unfortunately started to have diarrhea right as he was walking on the sidewalk. I couldn't bag it up. I actually was on my way back to get some water to clean off the sidewalk when the homeowner came out and started washing it within a minute or two. I felt bad.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:55 AM

939 posts, read 789,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
As others have noted, the issue is not cleaning up after the "emergency" is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Nature doesn't always give you time to drive a mile or less to a toilet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
When you've got to go, you've got to go...
And this person was lucky enough not to go in their uniform, which would have made them the butt of many jokes from their fellow employees for months on end.

How did they repay their lucky stars of pleas of "please-please, don't let me go in my clothes in public"?.

Their wishes were granted, but when it came to doing the right thing by cleaning up their litter, they once again just had to go.

If somebody just has to go right here and now, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they won't need to be squatting too long.

If I had a boss who docked me for taking three-five minutes for cleaning that up, I'da make sure that went viral. Don't you think they would have got a lot more sympathy and thumbs-up, even from some of the folks here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I live in my van and usually use public-restrooms for BMs. But I do keep a good plastic-bag for emergencies.....it is not that hard.
Quote:
Yes, that is a good idea. But how many people carry a grocery bag with them? And wouldn't that get all over the box van? not a bad idea though...
Maybe they will now? Be interesting to see if they now have a back-up plan for emergencies in their truck...where's a live camera crew when you need one, a nice little 'Where are they now?' type of follow-up expose.

At the very least, keep a piece of plastic such as visqueen in the back of the truck.

Interesting that if it was a male in the wrong part of town, on the wrong day, dropping his drawers even ever so slightly, could he be cited for indecent exposure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Every once in a while, chit happens.
Well if that's the case... Chity-Chity-Bag-Bag.

I worked on a feature on top of a public building's roof, that had a porta-potty.

I guess someone didn't want to go inside of it, or just have someone else cleanup for them, so they relieved themselves 7-8 times around rear exterior of it. 7-8 piles, with a wad of TP adorning each peak.

They found out who it was and told him as long as he cleaned it up, all will be forgiven.
He, did, and when he finished, they sent him home on the spot, then laid him off the show.

He of course got a new nickname, which escapes me at the moment.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:05 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,697,619 times
There is a solution for this situation. Reliance double doodie toilet waste bags with waste gelation. Great for anyone in need of a portable toilet. Self sealing. Disgard the sealed bag in the garbage. If in public throw a sheet over yourself to avoid exposure.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:37 PM

939 posts, read 789,210 times
"Amazon Driver Caught On Camera Pooping On Man's Driveway"...Gives a whole new meaning to old the reality show Can-DID Camera.

Quote:
LOL! A typical grocery bag has wide handles so "some" won't make it into the bag landing on your clothes thus stink the remaining of the shift...
Most typical grocery bags are almost large enough (not strong enough) to fit a couple of medium-size watermelons in them.

If you're not "regular" AND the bag doesn't fit against and/or around your bum whilst spreading the handles as wide as possible, or even close enough to deposit inside of one, I think it may be time to reconsider your dietary habits....

A deeper concern is being smart enough to make sure the emergency grocery bags you finally decide to have on hand for emergencies aren't the child-proof suffocation ones, with the holes on the bottom..."HEY MOE...."

Last edited by noregon98; 12-05-2017 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events