Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 05:09 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,488,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Bautista then checked his surveillance cameras and noticed the driver squatting on the passenger side of the truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 05:21 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,568,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Say it with me, Sunday! "I would rater poop my pants than on a neighbor's driveway".
Depends

Old 12-02-2017, 05:46 AM

8,944 posts, read 11,802,477 times
Amazon really is the retailer for everything. LOL

Old 12-02-2017, 05:51 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,038,238 times
I was surprised it was a woman.

They are on such a tight schedule they don't have time to park, go inside, poop, then back out. Not to mention the GPS would note an unscheduled stop.

I've worked for that kind of company (not Amazon or driving) and the last year I worked there, you could only go to the bathroom on your scheduled breaks. And they scheduled the breaks something like Arrive: 8:00, take first break 9:00, lunch, 1:00, second break 2:00...you get the picture. It was horrible and stressful, and I was glad when the company pulled out of town and took their centers to India.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:58 AM

17,373 posts, read 22,129,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
He also could have opened a box and done his business there and claimed it was delivered. He may be a street pooper, but he's not dishonest.
This street pooper was a woman......

Old 12-02-2017, 08:04 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,486,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If you're a delivery driver shouldn't that be your mantra BEFORE you find yourself pooping on someone's lawn? .... Depends maybe, or a plastic bedpan if you're desperate? Anything but dropping drawers in public.
Maybe she's a new employee and didn't think about all that.
Maybe she was stricken with a sudden need to void her bowels and there was no time to consider another alternative. There is no evidence that this is a habit with her.

Remember the guy on that airplane who was denied access to the bathroom because it was the new security rule? He pleaded, begged the flight attendants. He had to move his bowels immediately, but they told him to return to his seat and wait 20 minutes until they landed. He couldn't! He dropped his pants and eliminated on the galley floor where it would be easy to clean up and disinfect. He didn't want that load in his pants, stinking up the airplane and seeping into the seat and his clothing... and neither would I as someone sitting next to him or several rows away from him.

@#$% happens! That's how we're all made. Elimination isn't always convenient and well planned out.

If you're the type of person who believes it's noble to soil his pants and then sit in it for hours, PLEASE do not deliver my mail or share my flight.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,587,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Maybe she was stricken with a sudden need to void her bowels and there was no time to consider another alternative. There is no evidence that this is a habit with her.

Remember the guy on that airplane who was denied access to the bathroom because it was the new security rule? He pleaded, begged the flight attendants. He had to move his bowels immediately, but they told him to return to his seat and wait 20 minutes until they landed. He couldn't! He dropped his pants and eliminated on the galley floor where it would be easy to clean up and disinfect. He didn't want that load in his pants, stinking up the airplane and seeping into the seat and his clothing... and neither would I as someone sitting next to him or several rows away from him.

@#$% happens! That's how we're all made. Elimination isn't always convenient and well planned out.

If you're the type of person who believes it's noble to soil his pants and then sit in it for hours, PLEASE do not deliver my mail or share my flight.
Yep - __it happens. Most of us have been there at one time or another.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:14 AM
KCZ

4,685 posts, read 3,684,021 times
Jeff Bezos seems to want both employees and passengers to "hold it."
Jeff Bezos: Blue Origin passengers cannot use the bathroom in space - Business Insider

More seriously, the BBC did an expose on this issue last year and reported that Amazon drivers peed and pooped in their trucks.
A day in the life of an Amazon delivery driver - BBC News

Old 12-02-2017, 09:00 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,038,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

The company that I mentioned had a large female employee whose work station was behind mine. She had IBS or whatever you call these diseases these days. One day she grabbed the back of my chair and said, "I don't know what to do. I have to poop and they won't let me leave my station." I told her to just s*(* in her chair, and I was dead serious.

Shortly thereafter, she got her feet tangled in the bottom of her chair and took a tumble. As I said, she was very large. She flopped around on the floor and that was the last I saw of her. They fired her. I've often wondered what happened to her. She was a very nice lady with a great sense of humor, but she had big issues, no pun intended.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:01 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,486,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Jeff Bezos seems to want both employees and passengers to "hold it."
Jeff Bezos: Blue Origin passengers cannot use the bathroom in space - Business Insider

More seriously, the BBC did an expose on this issue last year and reported that Amazon drivers peed and pooped in their trucks.
A day in the life of an Amazon delivery driver - BBC News
Back in the 50s and 60s there was a service station on every American corner. All stations had public restrooms. You only need travel a couple of blocks to find another public toilet. Needing a bathroom quickly was never an issue back then.

It's different today. You have to find a fast food place, and those most always are distances apart and not in the rural areas unless it's a town. Many businesses won't let you use their restroom unless you're a customer.

I was in a thrift store that caters to busloads of seniors on walkers and canes. It had a sign on the front door, "Bathrooms are for employees Only". That's rude if you ask me.

Maybe this in only in New York State? What are other states like? Maybe those who are more horrified by the Amazon employee's behavior have better access to public restrooms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events