Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 05:24 PM

436 posts, read 303,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Maybe that’s ok & typical where you live, but it’s not acceptable in most of the U.S! I lived in Chicago where it is filthy and people didn’t do that kind of thing there!
I think your post isn't making sense. UPS Driver or not, it isn't "typical" anywhere that I know of.
Yet as we know nature doesn't always accommodate our preferences. Hence, no news here

Again, here is my post:
Nature called. He was in the city, and not close to a toilet. Needed to hurry to get back to work

No news here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Since she was in a city, I doubt she was more than a mile away from a gas station, grocery store, fast food restaurant, or some other building with public restrooms.
Nature doesn't always give you time to drive a mile or less to a toilet

Old 12-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
now we all know why ups drivers wear brown pants.
lol!!

Old 12-02-2017, 09:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,050,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Nature doesn't always give you time to drive a mile or less to a toilet
Yes, it does. She is an adult woman who should be able to control her bowel movements until in a more appropriate location.

What would she do if she needed to use the restroom while grocery shopping, just drop her pants in the middle of an aisle and go? After all, she csnt wait the minute or two it might take to find a bathroom.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:44 AM

19,862 posts, read 12,145,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
With what? What if you don't have anything to pick it up with? If you "pick it up", what then? You'd need a plastic bag to store it. Do you carry those in your pocket or purse while working? I don't.

Even if you do have a plastic bag in which to carry it, then what? It's going to stink until you find time to dump it somewhere. You're at work. Meanwhile, you're on a time schedule with deliveries to make. You can't just toss the plastic bag into any outside store trash bin. If you carry it into a store bathroom, then what? You can't flush the plastic bag, only the contents. What do you do with the empty bag?

Just think things through. Please.
You live in California, don’t you?

Old 12-03-2017, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, it does. She is an adult woman who should be able to control her bowel movements until in a more appropriate location.

What would she do if she needed to use the restroom while grocery shopping, just drop her pants in the middle of an aisle and go? After all, she csnt wait the minute or two it might take to find a bathroom.
Shopping in a grocery store, where there is a restroom available within a minute or so as you stated, as all grocery stores PROVIDE restrooms has nothing to do with a UPS DRIVER who is at a home, responsible for packages in his possession...then being able to just leave federal packages willy nilly running off to some business who may or may not have an UNLOCKED bathroom anyhow, isn't obviously ok. You can loose your job for that. Most businesses here do not have restrooms anyhow and if so, you need to wait in line to get the key first.

I'm no rocket scientist but it appears there wasn't time, this was clearly an unplanned emergency.

A little common sense goes a long way

As someone already posted "think these things through please"

Last edited by Cyclist1968; 12-03-2017 at 04:58 AM..

Old 12-03-2017, 04:35 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,847,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Not to mention the biohazard you left behind for someone else to deal with. No one wants to share your e coli. If you can't hold it, maybe you need a sick day where you stay home and hang out in the bathroom.
Really! You people are nuts! Did you ever change a baby's diaper - pick up your cat litter or dog poop - wipe a family member's butt after they had surgery and are unable to do it themselves? If not - you have something to look forward too.

I'd much rather pick up carp than throw up but for people to make such a big deal about this is ridiculous. I pray you never find yourself in the same situation. There are some things you can't control - you can feel fine one minute and the next be looking for a toilet. If you've never experienced it - you're one of the few who haven't.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:12 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,023,924 times
5 gallon bucket with lid, lined with plastic, works for just such emergencies.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Shopping in a grocery store, where there is a restroom available within a minute or so as you stated, as all grocery stores PROVIDE restrooms has nothing to do with a UPS DRIVER who is at a home, responsible for packages in his possession...then being able to just leave federal packages willy nilly running off to some business who may or may not have an UNLOCKED bathroom anyhow, isn't obviously ok. You can loose your job for that. Most businesses here do not have restrooms anyhow and if so, you need to wait in line to get the key first.
It looked like she was in a suburban area. Most likely she was no further than a mile or two, so a few minutes away, from a place with a public bathroom. Gas stations, fast food, grocery stores... All places that are in suburban areas and have public restrooms. She is an adult woman, not an animal. If she needed to desperately use the bathroom that bad, then she needed to find a restroom into of going in the street.

She could have left the packages inside her locked truck, just as other delivery drivers do when they have to go inside somewhere.

Quote:
As someone already posted "think these things through please"
Good advice for the driver. Maybe if she had thought things through, she wouldn't have ended up using the street as her own personal bathroom.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Really! You people are nuts! Did you ever change a baby's diaper - pick up your cat litter or dog poop - wipe a family member's butt after they had surgery and are unable to do it themselves? If not - you have something to look forward too.
I can't believe the number of posters who think this kind of behavior is acceptable!

Just because I am a responsible parent and pet owner does not mean I want to pick up after strangers. We're talking about an adult woman, someone who was more then capable of doing it herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events