Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 09:52 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

If I lived on the E Coast I'd just make my own, it's so simple.

Buy 1 habanero 3 jalepenos, one small onion and 2 tomatoes. Some cilantro, fresh if you have it and 1 orange. Split the orange and squeeze over a medium sized piece of flank steak. Let sit over night.

Take all the peppers and literally burn them in a skillet, more for a rich smokiness. Mix all vegetables in a blender until fine. Take some out early for salsa. Cook flank steak in oil left in pan. Cut up steak into small cubes.

From here take your pick of tortillas, place steak and salsa on tortilla. You can then add sour cream or guacamole, rice and beans, cheese and of course the blended hot sauce. Don't forget an ice cold beer.

You're welcome.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:01 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I lived on the E Coast I'd just make my own, it's so simple.

Buy 1 habanero 3 jalepenos, one small onion and 2 tomatoes. Some cilantro, fresh if you have it and 1 orange. Split the orange and squeeze over a medium sized piece of flank steak. Let sit over night.

Take all the peppers and literally burn them in a skillet, more for a rich smokiness. Mix all vegetables in a blender until fine. Take some out early for salsa. Cook flank steak in oil left in pan. Cut up steak into small cubes.

From here take your pick of tortillas, place steak and salsa on tortilla. You can then add sour cream or guacamole, rice and beans, cheese and of course the blended hot sauce. Don't forget an ice cold beer.

You're welcome.
i could have ordered taco bell and got my meal in the time it took to read this

Old 05-10-2018, 10:22 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,088,896 times
Taco Bell -- America's sure-fire cure for constipation. (Glen Bell is spinning in his grave over what it's become)

Old 05-10-2018, 10:28 AM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
It's not a matter of self-appointment - it's just having a clue.

As an aside, I was in Los Angeles recently. I did a lot of eating, as it's a great town for authentic Mexican as well as a vast array of other cuisines (had some great Korean and Cuban, too). But it amazed me that there were Taco Bells there. Who on earth would pass up all the great Mexican street food for some moronic 'taco' made out of a giant Dorito? Probably the same sort of person who travels to Europe and eats at a McDonald's in Rome and goes shopping at The Gap in Paris.
I would pass it up. I like my foreign food as Americanized as possible, lol. If I go to an authentic Mexican restaurant, I end up disappointed if they only have shredded beef for tacos rather than ground beef.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:20 PM

797 posts, read 752,469 times
My favorite Italian place is Dominos.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
i could have ordered taco bell and got my meal in the time it took to read this
Or you could have nuked a hamburger paddy and slapped it on a tortilla, same thing

Old 05-10-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
My favorite Italian place is Dominos.
DiGiorno

Old 05-10-2018, 01:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Taco Bell is cheap. Its usually quite fast. Its never made me or anyone I know sick. Its also very tasty. I eat it and also enjoy "authentic" (whatever that is) Mexican food. Anyone claiming its worse for you than other Mexican food is ignorant.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Taco Bell is cheap. Its usually quite fast. Its never made me or anyone I know sick. Its also very tasty. I eat it and also enjoy "authentic" (whatever that is) Mexican food. Anyone claiming its worse for you than other Mexican food is ignorant.
No.

Any fast food, mass produced, meat-like product, pink spooge food is less healthy for you than a home cooked mexican dinner (or mom and pop restaurant).

Some of the things in their "meat":

MALTODEXTRIN. "It sounds weird, but it's actually a form of mildly sweet sugar we use to balance the flavor. ...
TORULA YEAST. ...
MODIFIED CORN STARCH. ...
SOY LECITHIN. ...
SODIUM PHOSPHATES. ...
LACTIC ACID. ...
CARAMEL COLOR AND COCOA POWDER. ...
TREHALOSE.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-10-2018, 02:39 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I wouldn't say its America's favorite, just the modt popular national chain that isnt going through any publicity problems right now. .

Most Americans are going to have a local restaurant as their favorite. But when doing a national poll, a place like Chavez in Soulard, MO is not going to get many votes.

Taco Bell is going to be everywhere. There are not any Dell Tacos or Baja Fresh in my metro area. There is also only one Moes. So with this poll, that leaves the majority to vote for Qudoba, Chipotle, or Taco Bell. And again, Taco Bell is going to be the one with the most locstions, and they're not getting any bad publicity at the moment.
This ought to be obvious to everyone.

Frankly, between Qudoba, Chipotle, or Taco Bell, I guess I'd also choose Taco Bell. It's not Mexican, but it's got all the chemicals that make stuff taste good.

But I've been to Moe's--and other local places--and there are certainly authentic Mexican restaurants I prefer to Taco Bell.

There was even a Mexican restaurant in Angeles City in the Philippines in the mid-80s that I prefer to Taco Bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events