Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,592,620 times

Advertisements

I love Taco Bell. It's super cheap, and I can get vegan options. You can get whole beans, instead of refried beans. It's healthy fast food, if you don't glom a bunch of sour cream, etc., on them or get the fried stuff. I can get two bean burritos fresco (no cheese, added veggies) for around $3.00. Do the drive-through, have my own water in the truck.

It's just really nice to have a cheap, fast food option that is actually healthy and vegan. No wonder they're doing great.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:50 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,568,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I expect it to taste halfway decent, especially if I’m going to spend six or seven dollars for a fast food meal. McDonald’s and Jack have a couple decent items on their menu, can’t think of anything that really appeals at Taco Bell. It reminds me of something that college kids would like.

I remember Filiberto’s in Phoenix, the prices weren’t too different from Taco Bell, but the food was much more restaurant quality, including homemade flour tortillas. It was just a little local drive through, but pretty good.
then go to taco bueno, almost same price and they have non deep fryed tacos, or go to in-a-tub for fried tacos

Old 05-11-2018, 02:59 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,141,326 times
i grew up eating home made from scratch meals because we really poor. it was cheaper to cook then to actually go out to eat. then we just started eating cheap tv dinners. It was a treat growing up to actually go out and eat because we NEVER did. It was just not affordable.

but i will say that my fave fast food place to eat is Taco Bell lol. I LOVE it. I could eat there three times a day everyday and never get sick of it. It's so good to me haha. I mean i love all fast food but taco bell is the my favorite.

I really just blame it on the fact that i never really got fast food growing up When I tasted it as I got older, i became HOOKED.

I work at mc'donalds but I think Taco Bell is the best fast food restaurant. Their tacos and nachos are just so good (and cheap)

Old 05-11-2018, 04:26 AM

15,467 posts, read 9,161,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Taco Bell is TexMex, though that's a little insulting to Texans and Mexicans. The best taco joint I ever ate at was Taco John's, and they, sadly, left Oregon years ago. I think there are still some in California. You can find great Mexican food just about anywhere on the West Coast.
I have never even eaten at Taco John's, though I have had many chances. I don't think they have any in California, but they are in Washington and Idaho.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:32 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,651,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I can see the self anointed food and cultural experts gritting their teeth, but I love Taco Bell and eat there more than at any other Mexican themed restaurant, 'real' or not.
A survey of people's favorite is going to greatly depend on number of locations. There are 3 Taco Bells for every Chipotle, and 9 Taco Bells for every Qdoba. I mean there is a Taco Bell 2 miles from me and a Qdoba 20 miles away. I can't call Qdoba my favorite chain because I never go.

BTW: I lived in Southern Mexico (Oaxaca) for a year eating on the street and a dozens of fabulous places, only on rare ocassion in a chain. So I do know what good Mexican food tastes like.
http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/08/...les-of-oaxaca/

26,744 Subway Sandwich
14,155 McDonald's Burger
13,172 Starbucks Snack
8,828 Dunkin' Donuts Snack
7,689 Pizza Hut Pizza
7,161 Burger King Burger
6,537 Wendy's Burger
6,278 Taco Bell Ethnic ------------------------------------------------
5,371 Domino's Pizza
4,517 Dairy Queen Snack
4,323 Little Caesars Pizza
4,167 KFC Chicken
3,557 Sonic Burger
3,441 Papa John's Pizza
3,358 Arby's Sandwich
3,011 Carl's Jr./Hardee's Burger
2,647 Jimmy John's Sandwich
2,538 Baskin-Robbins Snack
2,255 Jack in the Box Burger
2,198 Chipotle Ethnic ------------------------------------------------
2,102 Chick-fil-A Chicken
2,084 Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Chicken
2,042 Panera Bread Sandwich
1,893 Panda Express Ethnic
1,577 Papa Murphy's Pizza
1,421 Five Guys Burger
1,300 Auntie Anne's Snack
1,187 Jersey Mike's Subs Sandwich
1,076 Church's Chicken Chicken
1,037 Firehouse Subs Sandwich
998 Wingstop Chicken
841 Checkers/Rally's Burger
839 Jamba Juice Snack
816 Zaxby's Chicken
806 Whataburger Burger
716 Bojangles' Chicken
699 Qdoba Mexican Eats Ethnic ------------------------------------------------
683 Tim Hortons* Snack
680 Moe's Southwest Grill Ethnic
605 Culver's Burger
568 Steak n Shake Burger
551 Del Taco Ethnic ------------------------------------------------
532 Noodles & Company Ethnic
516 Captain D's Seafood
462 Boston Market* Chicken
460 El Pollo Loco Chicken ------------------------------------------------
387 McAlister's Deli Sandwich
384 White Castle Burger
319 In-N-Out Burger* Burger
264 Jason's Deli Sandwich

Last edited by PacoMartin; 05-11-2018 at 07:05 AM..

Old 05-11-2018, 06:38 AM

51,021 posts, read 36,735,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Tip for everyone: don't eat anywhere your meat has to have "color added" to it.

"Pink spooge"...
That’s pretty much all fast food, as well as almost all the processed food we buy in grocery stores every day. I don’t think most people care about that, or processed foods would not sell like they do in grocery stores. People are talking about taste more than anything as well as convenience. Happen to like the taste of Taco Bell food.

Also it is a very different experience to go to a sitdown restaurant, that implies you have plenty of time. Going to a fast food restaurant normally implies you do not have much time, so I don’t understand why we are comparing them. Most people do not say should we go sit down and eat for two hours or should we stop and get something quick to eat on our way to wherever. Circumstances dictate which you choose not the quality of the food.

I don’t think it’s comparable to choosing red lobster over another sit down seafood restaurant since both are sitdown restaurants which take a long time. That is not the same as choosing a fast food restaurant over a sit-down, time consuming meal.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:54 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,363,871 times
Calling Taco Bell a Mexican Restaurant is like calling McDonalds a steak place because they serve hamburgers. I have to be desperate and broke to eat at either one.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,883,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
It's a part of American mythology that all of these mom and pop restaurants have such great food that is somehow more wholesome and more "authentic". A few do, most don't. That wonderful meatloaf you bought quite likely was delivered to them frozen on a SYSCO truck.
Similar to the anti Starbucks people. They don't know that Starbucks coffee is very highly regulated and the quality is hard to beat. The beans come from the same places. The "fair trade" deal is completely fake. Locally roasted by high school dropouts with piercings doesn't make the coffee better.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:54 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,002,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
It's a part of American mythology that all of these mom and pop restaurants have such great food that is somehow more wholesome and more "authentic". A few do, most don't. That wonderful meatloaf you bought quite likely was delivered to them frozen on a SYSCO truck.

I can tell the difference between a frozen beef "patty" and someone who made a hamburger fresh.

If I eat at a mom n pop and most of the food is premade (you can tell), I wouldn't eat there again. Sure some things might be, but it better be a small portion.

We have thousands of Mom and Pop places here that sell "plate lunch", I don't eat at those, I prefer places with well prepared fresh food.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-11-2018, 10:58 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,568,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Tip for everyone: don't eat anywhere your meat has to have "color added" to it.

"Pink spooge"...
Better not eat any meat then because rhey color fish and meat to give them color, they wax fruits to make them shiny and appealing...

they add things to water and you get used to the taste so natural water tastes off...

Standing your high ground on how food is unhdalthy but everything has additives... prove that your non colored food is natural and then healthier

Better stand out in the sun and learn how to photosynthesis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events