Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 09:04 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
just b/c someone is obese due to a medical issue doesn't make it ok to purposely book the seats they did and expect someone to sit between them & just be ok with it.
I agree. That someone has a medical issue is unfortuante. But I should not have to be negatively impacted by your medical issue, especially when there is an alternative solution (i.e. you either buying two seats or choosing an alternative way to travel).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You need to listen closer. After she gets up and is being sent to a new seat, several passengers are reprimanding her for being rude, and she looked at one and said "why don't you go sit between those two big pigs". At that point the black woman said "***** kiss my fat ass".
The big woman also called the complainer the B-word even before that point.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
From what I could see on that poorly-taken video, she wasn't being squeezed all that much.
The video probably didn't show it too well, but I find it hard to believe that two people of that size were not intruding into the other woman's personal space. Not on an American plane with its smaller seat sizes today, at least. I'd imagine that, for starters, the complaining woman lost access to both armrests; when I am in the middle, I expect access to two armrests given that I am sitting in the crappiest seat and can't lean one way or the other to escape.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
How do we know that they were traveling together? If they were and purposefully took those two seats, then they are worse than the woman that was squished between then. It should have been one of THEM that was kicked off the plane.

Ah...I found it. So these are the two, and yep they booked seats to allow them extra space. I can't even believe that they did that. How dare the nurse call the woman rude. They should have been placed in aisle seats - in different rows. I fault the airline as well. There’s no way they could expect someone to sit between those two people.
I agree. That is truly disgraceful. Their behavior is way worse than the complaining woman's.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Those morbidly obese people knew exactly what they were doing. They strategically took two seats, isle and window, not giving a rats butt who sat between them. I had a two fat guys on either side of me on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando and one could not wait one hour to eat his fat sub sandwich. I won't even go into his eating habits.
And you know that's what they did as the middle seat is always the LAST seat booked, which leads me to believe that the middle seat was available when the big woman and big man booked their seats. Unless traveling in a group of three (or more), I have never seen or heard about someone intentionally reserving the middle seat.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-c...t-gain-1942985

"The best way to cope with prednisone weight gain is to try to avoid it in the first place. Measures that can be used to avoid fluid retention include eating a reduced sodium diet and increasing potassium intake through potassium-rich foods (such as bananas, cantaloupe, grapefruit, and lima beans). Reducing sodium to less than 2,000 mg a day is recommended, and avoiding highly processed foods can help in meeting this goal.

To avoid gaining weight despite an increase in appetite, try decreasing the calories consumed each day, decreasing dietary fat, and eating several small meals a day instead of three large ones. Focusing on eliminating empty calories such as simple carbohydrates and processed sugars is important. Instead, ensure that every calorie counts and comes from nourishing foods.

When possible, exercise can also help prevent or lessen the weight gain from prednisone. Talk to a doctor about starting a fitness regimen that can not only help in losing prednisone weight but can also promote long-term health. A referral to a physical therapist is helpful because when there is an underlying chronic illness, a tailored exercise program is important."

While prednisone may make it more difficult to do so, the base truth/answer doesn't change. So, again....eat LESS and exercise MORE is the key. Unable to exercise due to injury, bad health, etc?..then eat even less. The solution is and always will be to take in less than you burn off.
I like and appreciate your advice. I'm not saying that controlling your weight is always easy. But, in my experience, most who claim that their weight is out of their control (whether for a medical issue or "genetics") are completely wrong. Most lack self discipline and/or the knowledge of how to properly control their weight even in light of x or y medical condition. Note, I don't claim that its easy or that it is reasonable for everyone to have a six pack, but that's not the point.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:41 AM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Wow, 496 posts and counting! Surely with all the problems in the world, people have something more important to discuss?

(yeah, yeah, "and don't call me Shirley!")

Old 02-26-2019, 09:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
A new movie, “Pigs on a Plane.”

Old 02-27-2019, 06:46 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
A new movie, “Pigs on a Plane.”

Old 03-01-2019, 04:19 PM

323 posts, read 199,171 times
Let's call a spade a spade. I don't blame that lady. I wouldn't want to be sandwiched in between two fatties like that either. The funny part is they had the nerve to think this woman was in the wrong and it has nothing to do with skin color, just too much skin if you know what I mean, lol. The airline should have made both of these wildebeests pay for two seats each not to inconvenience other passengers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events