Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,296,160 times

Advertisements

https://www.king5.com/article/news/i...0-043a01f684c9

This is shocking beyond belief. It appears the pranking staff members were not fired.

I have never heard of hazing of new medical clinic employees. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 05:19 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,890,473 times
Very strange.

I don't know who these two "medical professionals" were, but it's common practice for residents, for example, to observe patients in all manner of settings. They shouldn't need "initiation," either, when it comes to seeing patients naked in a clinical setting. Any medical professional would be the first to say that they're just another face in the crowd.

Also, it's odd that the patient was called six days later, and informed about this girl's "initiation." What prompted that, since there's no mention of his having complained at the clinic? And what an odd and unprofessional way to refer to staff.

Regardless, this is sad since it appears that he's suffered abuse in the past, which has made this all the more traumatic for him.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:23 PM

17,564 posts, read 15,677,331 times
......... This is just odd.

Over-dramatization of the scenario. Does he think the urologist is going to be performing tests on him while he's clothed? He's going to be exposed regardless. I've been to a urologist. You get in the room, you take your clothes off, you wear some barely-there drape, and when a nurse, urologist, whoever, comes in, it's spread 'em open for the world to see.

"Not allowed to cover himself?" Did he ask, while he waited? Was there no blanket nearby? No medical facility is going to deny one the request to cover themselves up while you wait.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 06-19-2019 at 05:42 PM..

Old 06-19-2019, 05:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
......... This is just stupid.

Over-dramatization of the scenario. Does he think the urologist is going to be performing tests on him while he's clothed? He's going to be exposed regardless. I've been to a urologist. You get in the room, you take your clothes off, you wear some barely-there drape, and when a nurse, urologist, whoever, comes in, it's spread 'em open for the world to see.

"Not allowed to cover himself?" Did he ask, while he waited? Was there no blanket nearby? No medical facility is going to deny one the request to cover themselves up while you wait.
Yeah, I wondered why wife did not grab him a cover.

But his treatment sounds wrong to me.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:42 PM

17,564 posts, read 15,677,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

I'm just really confused as to why he wouldn't just ask for a cover, if he were that uncomfortable. You're going to be naked at the urologist regardless, on way or another.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:46 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,992,541 times
rule 34 wins again.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

You're missing the point of your own OP.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:57 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,176,996 times
This is completely unacceptable. I can't believe that the director of the clinic, at the least, wasn't fired.

"Desensitized staff" is an understatement. Having initiation is ridiculous, but that they would use a patient that way is cruel and thoughtless.

I always decline to allow training staff in my appointments. It's nerve-wracking enough for me to be in there without feeling like even more of a lab rat.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This is completely unacceptable. I can't believe that the director of the clinic, at the least, wasn't fired.

"Desensitized staff" is an understatement. Having initiation is ridiculous, but that they would use a patient that way is cruel and thoughtless.

I always decline to allow training staff in my appointments. It's nerve-wracking enough for me to be in there without feeling like even more of a lab rat.

Finally...someone who gets it.

Instead of his wife doing it, he could have covered himself. But that's not the point here.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:15 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,309,515 times
I have heard of pranking new employees, but never an "initiation" like this in a medical setting. What they did to this patient was beyond unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events