Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 01:48 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
After watching the side and the back video I'm going with intentional.

Why? Who knows. Maybe he just wanted his 15 min. of fame. Killers do unthinkable things that make no sense. If he had dropped her out of a window in the US he would be in jail. Now he is running around giving interviews and being famous.

I don't know the numbers but millions of kids have been on cruise ships over many, many years. None have been dropped out windows or over the edge of the railings. Poor Chloe probably wasn't going to survive that cruise. Grandpa had his shot and he took it. Leaning out the window and studying the situation is a dead giveaway. After the Michael Jackson incident most people know it is considered dangerous and unacceptable to dangle a baby out a window if they didn't know it before from common sense.

Puerto Rico would be negligent if they didn't prosecute him. I think their offer of a plea deal was too generous and likely a nod to tourism and Royal Carribean. It must be tough on the investigators to make such a compromise when they see a little girl being killed on video with what looks like intent. The prosecuters must have concluded it is hard to prove intent but Grandpa is caught in a big fat lie when he says he didn't know the window was open. You can't lean out a window and then claim you thought there was glass there.

And the parents? How do they stick up for him? If you saw someone do this to your child what would your reaction be?

The story by the family appears to be heavily made up and the "Kids are not supposed to die on cruise ships" can easily be countered with. "Kids are not supposed to be dangled out open windows". Do they really need a note posted stating this? The window is very high and no child was going to run up to it and just fall out. It took an adult hoisting her up and over the railing. You can see in the video how high he has to hoist her to get her over the railing. Pretty much has to hoist her over his head to clear it.

If you hold a child out an open window several stories up and drop them they will die. Chloe could have also died running through the bar area if an adult had stepped backwards and tripped over her and fell on her. There was alot of negligent parenting going on and it had nothing to do with the cruise ship.

This link has full speed video and then if you scroll down, slow motion of the one from the side.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...472417b1d222c7
Exactly! He leans out of the window - way out. He brings her over. At first he sits her on the wooden railing.

And then you can see that he lifts her up. So high that she is over his head. From there he PUTS her OUTSIDE the window. That was no leaning her against the window thing. He knew that window was open

How long was this guy hooked up with the grandma? Maybe he needed money and thought - hmm - how can i make some big bucks. He has no blood relation with the young gir. Scary!

Old 12-20-2019, 02:23 PM

153 posts, read 138,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Exactly! He leans out of the window - way out. He brings her over. At first he sits her on the wooden railing.

And then you can see that he lifts her up. So high that she is over his head. From there he PUTS her OUTSIDE the window. That was no leaning her against the window thing. He knew that window was open

How long was this guy hooked up with the grandma? Maybe he needed money and thought - hmm - how can i make some big bucks. He has no blood relation with the young girl. Scary!
The original story reported that Anello actually held the child out the window, but this was quickly buried under the ship-chasing attorney's B-S "banging on the window" claim.

As for step-grandpa planning the "accident" for personal financial gain, I just don't see where he could presume such an outcome considering, as you said, he wasn't even a biological relation and it would be Chloe's parents who would benefit from monetary compensation. At this point the reason they're so steadfast in their defense of gramps is so they will win their case against RC. If they do win their (IMO, very weak) case against RC I would not be surprised to learn that their loyalties to Anello have evaporated, along with any notions of sharing the blood money with him.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingAfterSunday View Post
The original story reported that Anello actually held the child out the window, but this was quickly buried under the ship-chasing attorney's B-S "banging on the window" claim.

As for step-grandpa planning the "accident" for personal financial gain, I just don't see where he could presume such an outcome considering, as you said, he wasn't even a biological relation and it would be Chloe's parents who would benefit from monetary compensation. At this point the reason they're so steadfast in their defense of gramps is so they will win their case against RC. If they do win their (IMO, very weak) case against RC I would not be surprised to learn that their loyalties to Anello have evaporated, along with any notions of sharing the blood money with him.
I had not read that first report of her being placed outside the window

Has anyone mentioned or reported where the rest of the family was during this incident.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
I had not read that first report of her being placed outside the window

Has anyone mentioned or reported where the rest of the family was during this incident.
The dangled out the window story is in the original post of this thread.

The rest of the family was on the same deck, but not real close.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:39 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
You can drink all you want before the ship leaves. Interesting that both what you posted and what I read were both CBS but mine said considering the deal.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
You can drink all you want before the ship leaves. Interesting that both what you posted and what I read were both CBS but mine said considering the deal.
So it's just an open bar - you can walk up and request a drink and there's no method of determining if you'd paid for an open bar? All passengers who are of age can get however many drinks they want, anonymously?

Old 12-20-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So it's just an open bar - you can walk up and request a drink and there's no method of determining if you'd paid for an open bar? All passengers who are of age can get however many drinks they want, anonymously?
I've never been on a cruise, but from what i've read you can pre purchase a "drink" pass/ticket.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I've never been on a cruise, but from what i've read you can pre purchase a "drink" pass/ticket.
Right - but as I understand it, they scan it even though you can buy an unlimited drink pass. They still scan it.

Does that apply, anyone know, to the time period before the ship takes off?

Old 12-20-2019, 03:03 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Right - but as I understand it, they scan it even though you can buy an unlimited drink pass. They still scan it.

Does that apply, anyone know, to the time period before the ship takes off?
You receive a ship card at check in. You use if for cabin entry, embarking/disembarking in port and all of your ship purchases. Cruise lines offer multiple types of unlimited drink packages and some offer a specified number of drinks package. Your selected drink package is indicated on your card. All orders are scanned and identity is usually verified so passengers don't share packages.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:15 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,536,107 times
They do keep track because they charge you 18% tip on each drink. It shows up on your bill at the end of the cruise. You can’t pay cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events