Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 12:46 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
If you cannot differentiate between an open and closed window then you are an idiot and should be removed off this planet. The family is looking to blame everyone but the grandfather who totally F-ed up. It's no body else's fault but his own.
Sounds like that's exactly what happened. Grandpa didn't think this one all the way through and the little girl plunged to her death.

Is the family suing?

Old 07-10-2019, 12:49 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I doubt I could live with myself if I had been the grandfather. I would have followed her out the window.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:23 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Sounds like the grandfather put her up on the railing to pound on the glass window.

Who does that?

Who puts a toddler up to a railing to pound on glass?

Pounding on plexiglass at a hockey game is one thing. Pounding on a glass window is another.

Then there is the additional issue of there being no glass window to pound on.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:27 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I
Honestly - for TWO grandparents to not notice the window was open, I'd really like to see it. Ads credibility to his story.
See what, actual footage a baby plunging to her death?

Otherwise, videos and pictures have already been posted that show exactly what the outside area of deck 11 looks like.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
See what, actual footage a baby plunging to her death?

Otherwise, videos and pictures have already been posted that show exactly what the outside area of deck 11 looks like.
No, of course not, although I'd guess it's in the hands of LE and the lawyer by now.

I want to see the actual window, compared to the other windows. How obvious it would have been.

And no, the picture of the actual one wasn't shown yet. Pictures that we presume to be similar have been shown, with about half the windows open.

The family states (and no one is disputing this, that I can see) that it was the only window along that wall the was open.

Which is not at all what the other pictures show.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:04 PM

50,709 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sounds like the grandfather put her up on the railing to pound on the glass window.

Who does that?

Who puts a toddler up to a railing to pound on glass?

Pounding on plexiglass at a hockey game is one thing. Pounding on a glass window is another.

Then there is the additional issue of there being no glass window to pound on.
There's nothing wrong with it on the face of it, they were trying to keep her entertained. Babies can't do any kind of damage to thick glass like that. You'd barely feel it if a baby hit you.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, of course not, although I'd guess it's in the hands of LE and the lawyer by now.

I want to see the actual window, compared to the other windows. How obvious it would have been.

And no, the picture of the actual one wasn't shown yet. Pictures that we presume to be similar have been shown, with about half the windows open.

The family states (and no one is disputing this, that I can see) that it was the only window along that wall the was open.

Which is not at all what the other pictures show.
There was a picture posted of what it looks like with just one window open. It's very obvious that one window is open as the rest are tinted blue.

The windows are the exact same all around the pool deck, which is the entire outside area. They are all sliding glass windows that are tinted blue with a railing a few inches away from the wall.

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283...15252dba84.JPG

Old 07-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
There was a picture posted of what it looks like with just one window open. It's very obvious that one window is open as the rest are tinted blue.

The windows are the exact same all around the pool deck, which is the entire outside area. They are all sliding glass windows that are tinted blue with a railing a few inches away from the wall.

See, this is exactly what I'm saying. There is no way a toddler could fall out that window, if she were stood on the railing (where the feet are in the photo).

I still don't know exactly what it looked like - but it didn't look like that photo.

The child would have barely been able to put her fingertips out the window, stretched out.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:27 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:

The windows are the exact same all around the pool deck, which is the entire outside area. They are all sliding glass windows that are tinted blue with a railing a few inches away from the wall. No one is saying that he should not have noticed it open but that maybe for a variety of reasons he did not. That is he is not lying.

The window is obviously open in that picture because it's only half-open. How the blue tinting appeared visually to someone can depend on lighting and distance.

This was an unlikely accident. It was either unlikely because the grandfather did not see that the window was open or it was unlikely because he somehow "slipped" while standing there, dropping the child through the window.

I suppose I could see someone saying that he tripped - maybe on a lounger leg and in his falling forward against the railing the child flew forward from his hands. But no one is saying that - neither the cruise line (presumably that's the version as given by Port Authority) or the family.

Port Authority: The grandfather sat the girl in the window and lost his balance, and the girl fell to her death. How would you "lose your balance" or "slip" on that decking once presumably stationary - just standing there?

Old 07-10-2019, 02:32 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
One thing this thread is making very clear, and that is until if and when the surveillance video is released to the public and all of us have a chance to view it -- or there is a very detailed report from an objective source we can read/see -- our opinions are worth very little (and, of course, that includes my opinion, too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events