Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 02:22 PM

14,425 posts, read 11,889,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why would she be injured far from the camp site if she didn't go after the dog?
Indeed, that's a good question. It's just strange that, in that case, she must have put the dog down unleashed although it was capable of trotting off briskly enough that she would be unable to quickly recapture it, and so poorly trained that it wouldn't come when called. An experienced hiker and dog owner wouldn't do that. I can only think of unlikely scenarios: it was leashed, but the leash broke...she thought she had tied the dog to a tree while she went off to pee, but the knot came undone... Again, an experienced owner would take the tiny dog with her everywhere, never leaving it alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Yeah, and it took 12 pages to arrive to that glaringly obviously conclusion.

Conversely, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once wrote (as I recall it): "When all the probabilities have been eliminated, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the solution!" Those are corner-cases, though, I strongly suspect.

Guessing no one who has answered thus far is a detective, or knows a detective. It's not a profession for geniuses, more Blue Collar, because really it's common sense and observation of the details around crime scenes and knowledge of human behavior. Observe enough of those scenes, witness and partake in enough interrogations, listen closely for a few years to your mentors, the overwhelming preponderance of circumstantial evidence leads to the same inescapable conclusion:

"all things being equal, the right solution is usually the simplest," i.e. what you wrote.

Sweat him down properly, he'll crack probably. Waterboard him, he'll tell you he started the Great Chicago Fire, though. Modern effective interrogation is a closely guarded art by intelligence agencies and police forces world-over.
He killed his wife, okay. He released their dog into the wilderness....WHY? And why didn't the dog simply follow him back to the road?

Old 07-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 11 days ago)

35,988 posts, read 18,271,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
He killed his wife, okay. He released their dog into the wilderness....WHY? And why didn't the dog simply follow him back to the road?
Interestingly, that's exactly what Scott Peterson was accused of doing.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:36 PM

146 posts, read 74,664 times
Someone want to provide the link of the update saying they found the dog? can't seem to find it.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Interestingly, that's exactly what Scott Peterson was accused of doing.
Okay, this is becoming bizarre.

I should say, even MORE bizarre.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,483,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston196 View Post
Someone want to provide the link of the update saying they found the dog? can't seem to find it.
https://www.facebook.com/InyoCountyS...obTELY&fref=nf

Old 07-15-2019, 02:40 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,513,341 times
Is it The Dog or isn't it? Anyone know? All I'm can find is "a" dog that "looks like her dog", and found 2.5 miles from her last known location.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 11 days ago)

35,988 posts, read 18,271,228 times
The daughter Farrah, on her facebook page, states she hasn't seen the dog yet but will post when she does to confirm.

I would have thought this process would have been quicker than that - it's been 4 hours since it was found, 2.5 miles away from where the husband is.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:43 PM

146 posts, read 74,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Hmmm...I'm thinking she put the dog down to go potty, stupidly didn't have it on a leash, and it ran off. She chased it, got lost and she's somewhere out there lost. Either that or this is an intricate murder plot by the husband, I don't buy the bird theories - at all.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,483,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Indeed, that's a good question. It's just strange that, in that case, she must have put the dog down unleashed although it was capable of trotting off briskly enough that she would be unable to quickly recapture it, and so poorly trained that it wouldn't come when called. An experienced hiker and dog owner wouldn't do that. I can only think of unlikely scenarios: it was leashed, but the leash broke...she thought she had tied the dog to a tree while she went off to pee, but the knot came undone... Again, an experienced owner would take the tiny dog with her everywhere, never leaving it alone.
I'm envisioning more of a scenario where the dog was loose or got loose somehow and then snuck away without her realizing it in time to catch him. More like she couldn't find him to catch him than she couldn't outrun him. She went looking for him and got further and further away from the camp. Of course, the bad part of that scenario is that finding the dog may not give them a clue where she is if she and the dog went in different directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events