Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 07:44 PM

35,285 posts, read 17,183,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
That has nothing to do with this at all.
Yes somebody needs to pay. Not the taxpayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 08:01 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,539,202 times
Quote:
That has nothing to do with this at all.

Yes it does. You just don't want to see it

Old 09-06-2021, 08:56 AM

51,036 posts, read 36,749,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes it does. You just don't want to see it
Why don’t you explain the connection for those of us who fail to see the connection?

Old 09-06-2021, 10:05 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,624,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Why don’t you explain the connection for those of us who fail to see the connection?
Yes please, it should be interesting to see.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:06 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,624,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Yes somebody needs to pay. Not the taxpayer.
You’re probably okay with not feeding kids school lunches if their parents can’t afford it too. I mean let’s punish the kid because the parents are poor.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 AM

35,285 posts, read 17,183,797 times
Quote:
You’re probably okay with not feeding kids school lunches if their parents can’t afford it too. I mean let’s punish the kid because the parents are poor.
I I am fine with school breakfasts and lunches for poor people. It helps people learn better if not on an empty stomach. I am against subsidizing reproduction as recreation.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:07 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,682,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I I am fine with school breakfasts and lunches for poor people. It helps people learn better if not on an empty stomach. I am against subsidizing reproduction as recreation.

We're paying a hospital bill. Don't forget.

I actually have an idea of what you meant by what you said but I'm not going to explain what you said.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:34 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,682,445 times
I decided to do a search for Tinslee. Her birthday is coming up, I thought she was going to be 3 but I couldn't remember if that was actually right. Hard to believe that yes, she will be 3 on February 1st, she turned 1 in a 2020 article I found.

There's photos of Tinslee on the Tinslee strong facebook page. I do not see anything new on her mom's profile

The Texas hospital still wants to kill Tinslee. Court is January 25th. This is supposedly for the final say. How heart breaking that now this is a 3 year old child who may understand what they're wanting to do to her. I'm clueless what shape she's in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I decided to google Tinslee today, am not seeing anything new. Also not seeing anything new on the right to life blog and googling her mother Trinity Lewis

Nothing new on the Tinslee strong facebook page. I do see a new photo of Tinslee here from June.

2 Years Since Baby Tinslee Escaped Death - By Texas Right to Life on November 10, 2021

Quote:
Two years ago today, Baby Tinslee’s life was almost stolen from her.

Baby Tinslee has been protected throughout multiple court battles and is still growing two years later. Just today, Cook Children’s filed an encouraging court document highlighting there are possible new avenues being explored regarding her care.

Fort Worth court will determine who decides severely ill toddler’s medical care. Mom or her doctors? - 4:16 PM on Sep 23, 2021
The decision will likely determine whether Tinslee Lewis lives or dies.

Quote:
The case of Tinslee Lewis, a Fort Worth toddler with severe heart defects who is being kept alive at Cook Children’s Medical Center, will be heard before a Tarrant County court, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

On Jan. 25, the court will consider the central question: Who gets to decide whether she lives or dies — her mother, or the doctors in charge of her care? Tinslee was born in February 2019 with a rare condition called Ebstein’s Anomaly and has been hospitalized ever since.

Trial date set in Tinslee Lewis case; court to rule on Fort Worth toddler’s treatment - Updated September 23, 2021 5:26 PM

Quote:
A Tarrant County District Court set a trial date Wednesday to decide whether or not Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth can remove life-sustaining care from a 2-year-old at the hospital.

The trial over Tinslee Lewis’ life is scheduled to be heard before the 48th District Court of Tarrant County on Jan. 25.

Lewis said in a petition filed Sept. 1 that her daughter’s condition is improving and she is “significantly more stable and active than she was in 2019.”

The toddler “likes playing with her fingers, watching movies (especially Disney favorites Frozen and Moana), and enjoys having someone play and talk to her,” the petition says. “Recently, (Tinslee) has started smiling for the camera to the delight of her mother.”

Lewis’ motion filed Sept. 1 not only argues Cook Children’s should not be able to unilaterally decide Tinslee’s future, but also makes a case against the Texas Advance Directives Act as a whole.

The law “allows doctors and hospitals the absolute authority and unfettered discretion to terminate life-sustaining treatment of any patient,” the petition says.

The case now returns to the lower court for a final ruling. If the 48th District Court rules in favor of the hospital, medical staff can end Tinslee’s treatment. If the courts side with Tinslee’s mother, not only can the hospital not end her treatment, but the future of the Texas Advance Directives Act will also be called into question.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:41 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,623,099 times
Why couldn't they find a heart for this baby by now?

Old 01-25-2022, 12:43 PM

37,209 posts, read 41,406,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Why couldn't they find a heart for this baby by now?
She has not been a transplant candidate due to too much scarring in her chest from previous surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events