Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 02:41 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
was she shaving with a machete?
Gosh, can you imagine the obituary?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-17-2021, 02:48 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
My older (6 years old) Grandson's school is shut down this week because someone at school tested covid positive. Well, good timing because it is Winter Break anyway.

He tested negative, as did his parents and grandparents, when his younger brother tested positive a month ago,

I asked my SIL if they were all going to get tested, again. He said no. If we didn't catch it last time, think we will again? They are divorced with shared custody going from household to household. Grandsons Paternal Grandparents, who they live with Dad, refused to get tested first time. I wonder if they are spending hours trying to get their vaccination appointments at 1b phase? My husband who had covid and I aren't getting the vaccination either.

Old 02-17-2021, 02:56 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
was she shaving with a machete?

I'm guessing on blood thinners because of some sort of cardiovascular issue and it all went horribly wrong.

We'll all die sometime, but I intend to keep saying 'not today' for as long as I've go places to go and things to see on this beautiful Earth yet.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:16 PM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You are frightening. Honestly I am glad I don't know anyone like you.
Better not move to NH then; There are no seatbelt, helmet or insurance laws in this state.

I enjoy life, always joking, have a lot of friends, great family, good job but have a different point of view than many and that makes me frightening?

I find it frightening that we teach our kids to not follow the crowd and to be individuals and to think for ourselves, yet it seems as adults we are shunned for being independent thinkers and not going with the crowd suddenly. Just saying...

Old 02-17-2021, 03:23 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Some of them, some of the time. She's supposedly 2nd year and I don't think they're in hospitals at that stage yet.
Many medical schools now start exposing students to clinical medicine in the first year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Will I get antibodies from the vaccine? I had the 2nd Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago. I am eligible to donate blood a week from today and I told my niece I'm very excited to see my positive antibody results. She said she didn't think I'd get antibodies from the vaccine. Hmmmm anyone know?

When I donate blood in Miami, they throw in a free covid19 antibody test.
Yes, you will make antibodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The vaccine is dangerous for many folks, I already posted links before. I'm not oppose to vaccine which you are clearly labeling me. Debating with someone like you is pointless because you cherry pick topics to debate when there is plenty of data out there that suggest people with underlying conditions should be evaluated before being vaccinated. The risk of serious complications is just as high as dying from covid.

So how do you explain this? Another blame the victim? I'm tired of deniers that blame the victim instead of using science to determine probable cause of death and not validating them. We all agree there are risks but a lot of people here shrug it off like there isn't. Some people shouldn't get the vaccine at all and they should be evaluated before taking the risk.

Don't tell me the lies that there is ZERO risks of death with the vaccine. Nothing is absolute.
No one claims there is zero risk. The risk is miniscule compared to the risk of the disease, however.

A death immediately after getting the shot could be due to an allergic reaction to the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well they have been "looking into the deaths" since the vaccinations started and so far have released no info on any of the deaths.

They also took a while to admit that severe reactions to the vaccine are higher than normal.
Death investigations take time, and there are not always autopsies done.

The "severe reactions" are mostly the fevers, headaches, muscle pain, and fatigue. The increased number of severe allergic reactions hit the news almost as soon as they happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I have never experienced any of the long term effects and dont know anyone that has, but from what I gather can be things such as;

Autoimmune arthritis.
Multiple sclerosis.
Lupus.
Infertility.
Allergic neuritis (nerve inflammation that can lead to paralysis)
Allergic uveitis (eye muscle inflammation that can compress the optic nerve and lead to blindness)
Congenital disabilities in children.
Neurological damage.
As it turns out, those were ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check...114-2021-01-20

Here's the link of the Bill Gates interview where he estimates if 1 in 10k will have permanent damage from the vaccines that's 700,000 across the globe. That's the price we have pay.
Not what he said, as the article you cite describes. He hypothetically said if one in ten thousand had side effects, not that one in ten thousand will have permanent damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
A lot of the people who would typically die from the flu are already dead from Covid. A pandemic is going to 'steal' fatalities from other diseases by grabbing the weak and old.
True, however there has been only one pediatric flu death so far for the 2020-2021 flu season in the US. Last season there were 195 total.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:26 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Better not move to NH then; There are no seatbelt, helmet or insurance laws in this state.

I enjoy life, always joking, have a lot of friends, great family, good job but have a different point of view than many and that makes me frightening?

I find it frightening that we teach our kids to not follow the crowd and to be individuals and to think for ourselves, yet it seems as adults we are shunned for being independent thinkers and not going with the crowd suddenly. Just saying...
I also enjoy life, have lots of friends, TONS of family, and have an excellent job. I find your perspective frightening because you think we should just let people die because you think we are overpopulated.
We know that wearing a seatbelt saves lives and reduces injury. The hospitalization costs (and lawsuits) would be much much higher without them. I believe that anyone that thinks we should not have such laws and feels that people should "die off" to reduce population is indeed a frightening person.

We do teach thinking for ourselves. Of course we do. You somehow have the idea that just because a science or a government or *some* entity advocates something, to agree is to be some "sheep". And I disagree. Frankly, I think the people that went to DC a few weeks ago were perfect examples of sheep. There is thinking for yourself. And then there is just not thinking at all. I feel that you do more of the latter.

On a side note - I have been to NH - took my son there when he was about 9. It's a beautiful place. I was mildly annoyed that I did not see one single moose however.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:39 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Death from shaving my legs is not something that is on my radar.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Yac; 02-18-2021 at 12:15 AM..

Old 02-17-2021, 03:43 PM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Many medical schools now start exposing students to clinical medicine in the first year.

Yes, you will make antibodies.

No one claims there is zero risk. The risk is miniscule compared to the risk of the disease, however.

A death immediately after getting the shot could be due to an allergic reaction to the vaccine.

The "severe reactions" are mostly the fevers, headaches, muscle pain, and fatigue. The increased number of severe allergic reactions hit the news almost as soon as they happened.

As it turns out, those were ruled out.

Not what he said, as the article you cite describes. He hypothetically said if one in ten thousand had side effects, not that one in ten thousand will have permanent damage.

True, however there has been only one pediatric flu death so far for the 2020-2021 flu season in the US. Last season there were 195 total.
As it turns out there are sources other than yours but you don't care because no matter how many sources people provide , yours is the only one that's ever right.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:47 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
As it turns out there are sources other than yours but you don't care because no matter how many sources people provide , yours is the only one that's ever right.
The only source in the post you quoted comes from another poster, not me, and he misinterpreted what it said.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:49 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
he vaccine.

As of 2/7 the CDC said that no deaths have been attributed to the vaccine so all the investigations must have happened already

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...are-in-the-u-s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events