Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 07:40 AM

78,606 posts, read 60,785,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
That is crappy that she was trying to scam the driver..........If she is doing that stuff, wonder what she is pulling for scams at CVS.
Yeah, if she's willing to so blatantly try to rip off the door dash guy you know she'd steal anything she could from the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 11:03 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,932,887 times
That would make a great Walgreens commercial!

"Look at the quality of people our competitor uses for your health needs"...

Old 12-17-2020, 11:09 AM

23,895 posts, read 33,644,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I completely do, too.

Here's the video. The CVS employee doesn't even know how to wear the damn mask, and she seems to have clearly intentionally stolen food from DoorDash.

Sad that the DoorDash employee was apparently fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUzjQ0qnFE
I'm livid that the driver lost her job. There's no reason she should have been fired. She was respectful during the whole video while the CVS employee was throwing eff bombs all over the place. I'm saying employee because I can't believe she's really a manager.

I really hope she was canned, not only for that but for not wearing her mask right. I've reported employees for having their noses out.

Quote:
That is crappy that she was trying to scam the driver..........If she is doing that stuff, wonder what she is pulling for scams at CVS.
Agree that she's probably stealing from CVS too. I hope she got fired for trying to get over on the expensive food order, cursing and having her nose out of her mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
CVS has confirmed that their employee DID receive the DoorDash delivery. They weren't willing to comment on whether there was any action taken against their employee. Hopefully, kicked to the damn curb.

https://toofab.com/2020/12/11/doorda...receive-order/

I see the title of the article you posted says she is a manager.

CVS Confirms Manager DID Receive 'Missing' DoorDash Order That Got Driver Fired

Quote:
A spokesperson for CVS checked the camera footage in the store — and confirmed the manager had received her order, as the driver alleged.

"We contacted Ms. Hunt last week and apologized for her experience," they said. "We also contacted Door Dash and informed them that our security video confirmed that she delivered food to our store location on the time and day in question."

"We are continuing to look into this matter."

Because of employee privacy policies, the company said it could not reveal if any disciplinary measures were being taken.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,777,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I understand how upset the driver was, I'm sure they put up with this kind of nonsense regularly. However, filming it like that was clearly unacceptable and Door Dash had no other option but to terminate the driver.

CVS later stated that the food was indeed delivered as seen on the in store camera system. However, CVS does not publicize how it disciplines its workers so not sure what if anything happened to this manager.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/doordas...elivery-video/
that was great. i dont think the doordash driver deserves to be penalized for the situation but companies have to protect themselves so unfortunately it may have been necessary.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:21 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,050,196 times
Quote:
CVS should terminate her.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:10 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,447,617 times
To be fair - I'll just say "any 3rd party delivery that I've used" - does NOT make sure your order is correct when they pick it up. They grab a bag unwittingly, like a relay race, and drop it off at your door step.

The driver sits and watches you like a hawk until you come out and get it, and at that point snaps a picture that it was "received". This does NOT mean the order was correct, complete, or otherwise satisfactory for the customer.

Drivers have two options:

1.) Sit while I rifle through the bag and check their work, or

2.) Accept the fact that I will use the 3rd party's app to report any discrepancy between what I PAID FOR, and what I received.

I am paying not only a marked up price for the meal (above paper menu prices), but a service fee, delivery fee, AND expected to tip the driver. After all those fees, it better be right, and better not be cold.

About 50% of the time, a side is missing, food is cold (and WET/inedible), or entire entrée was subbed for something completely different without explanation.

I'm not out here placing $40 orders to lie and try to get a free $6 side. The math doesn't work out too well for me to do that. But you'd better believe I'm going to report everything I never received, and everything that was incorrect.

We've pared down our pick of restaurants to ones that output a consistent product, this is limited to a local Mexican place and some fast food / fast casual restaurants that participate in the program(s). It has not stopped the issue completely, however.

As of this month thus far, we've:

1.) Gotten Chick-Fil-A delivered and found one order of fries half-full
2.) Received Panda Express where we ordered sides of rangoon dumplings and spring rolls, and a note that said they subbed spring rolls with another order of rangoon, but the quantity received was that of a single order of rangoon.

I'll keep reporting until they either tighten up operations or kick me off the platform.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:12 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,447,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
CVS should terminate her.
"We're terminating you for misusing the refund request on an app that we have no connection with."

That'll go over like a f-rt in church.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,261,597 times
I'm going to go against everyone here and says the driver deserved to be fired. She was harassing an employee at her palce of busienss and interfering with her job. She was not at the store as a customer but to have a personal dispute. She was asked to leave many times and when an employee asks you to leave and you do not, legally that is trespassing.

Where is the evidence that the employee reported food not delivered? At no time did employee concede that she reported that. Before accusing someone of a crime you should have evidence. There are possible explanations, one being a matter of timing. Just last night we ordered a pizza to be delivered at 9pm and come 10pm we were just about to call and report the food had not been delivered when there was a knock at the door. Maybe there was no report of non-delivery. Or maybe an associate reported non-delivery. Or maybe the food arrived after a report of non-delivery. Has anyone compared the times of the report with the time of delivery on video?

Even if the driver is right there were better ways to handle it. The driver was a bit obsessive and last thing Door Dash needs is people thinking their drivers are going to be confrontational. Since the driver is so skilled at wearing a camera maybe she should video her deliveries?

Old 12-17-2020, 05:24 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,672,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
"We're terminating you for misusing the refund request on an app that we have no connection with."

That'll go over like a f-rt in church.
Farts in church move pretty good. They drift from pew to pew making everyone a suspect. Even the old lady playing the organ.

Old 12-18-2020, 04:45 AM

23,895 posts, read 33,644,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
To be fair - I'll just say "any 3rd party delivery that I've used" - does NOT make sure your order is correct when they pick it up. They grab a bag unwittingly, like a relay race, and drop it off at your door step.

The driver sits and watches you like a hawk until you come out and get it, and at that point snaps a picture that it was "received". This does NOT mean the order was correct, complete, or otherwise satisfactory for the customer.

Drivers have two options:

1.) Sit while I rifle through the bag and check their work, or

2.) Accept the fact that I will use the 3rd party's app to report any discrepancy between what I PAID FOR, and what I received.

I am paying not only a marked up price for the meal (above paper menu prices), but a service fee, delivery fee, AND expected to tip the driver. After all those fees, it better be right, and better not be cold.

About 50% of the time, a side is missing, food is cold (and WET/inedible), or entire entrée was subbed for something completely different without explanation.

I'm not out here placing $40 orders to lie and try to get a free $6 side. The math doesn't work out too well for me to do that. But you'd better believe I'm going to report everything I never received, and everything that was incorrect.

We've pared down our pick of restaurants to ones that output a consistent product, this is limited to a local Mexican place and some fast food / fast casual restaurants that participate in the program(s). It has not stopped the issue completely, however.

As of this month thus far, we've:

1.) Gotten Chick-Fil-A delivered and found one order of fries half-full
2.) Received Panda Express where we ordered sides of rangoon dumplings and spring rolls, and a note that said they subbed spring rolls with another order of rangoon, but the quantity received was that of a single order of rangoon.

I'll keep reporting until they either tighten up operations or kick me off the platform.
Thanks for your input. It's not the drivers fault that the order got subbed. There needs to be a better way to report the food delivered wasn't correct that would fall on the establishment you ordered from so the driver doesn't end up having to pay for the incorrect meal. It's not fair.

I personally don't do any of the delivery services, even ones offered by the pizza place I order from because they're usually not fair to their drivers. They know how much tip a person is giving when it's charged with their order, they give the higher tippers to their favorite drivers. I never knew how cut throat it was until my daughter took a pizza delivery job

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm going to go against everyone here and says the driver deserved to be fired. She was harassing an employee at her palce of busienss and interfering with her job. She was not at the store as a customer but to have a personal dispute. She was asked to leave many times and when an employee asks you to leave and you do not, legally that is trespassing.

Where is the evidence that the employee reported food not delivered? At no time did employee concede that she reported that. Before accusing someone of a crime you should have evidence. There are possible explanations, one being a matter of timing. Just last night we ordered a pizza to be delivered at 9pm and come 10pm we were just about to call and report the food had not been delivered when there was a knock at the door. Maybe there was no report of non-delivery. Or maybe an associate reported non-delivery. Or maybe the food arrived after a report of non-delivery. Has anyone compared the times of the report with the time of delivery on video?

Even if the driver is right there were better ways to handle it. The driver was a bit obsessive and last thing Door Dash needs is people thinking their drivers are going to be confrontational. Since the driver is so skilled at wearing a camera maybe she should video her deliveries?
The way I understand the situation is that the driver delivered the food to the CVS manager at that CVS, not at her house; so what was she supposed to do? Wait for her to finish working?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events