Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 06:15 AM

724 posts, read 406,635 times

Advertisements

I side with the DoorDash employee here. First, the CVS employee looks so ghetto not even wearing her mask correctly. Next, all the CVS employee had to say is “yes, I got my food.” It seems like she was purposely trying to scam the system.

Where I live, during the pandemic they drop it off at your door and take a picture of the drop off, which they text you, so you can’t run a scam like this lady.

I applaud the DoorDash employee because I’m sure the CVS employee will now think twice before trying to pull this scam again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 06:15 AM

51,100 posts, read 36,804,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
To be fair - I'll just say "any 3rd party delivery that I've used" - does NOT make sure your order is correct when they pick it up. They grab a bag unwittingly, like a relay race, and drop it off at your door step.

The driver sits and watches you like a hawk until you come out and get it, and at that point snaps a picture that it was "received". This does NOT mean the order was correct, complete, or otherwise satisfactory for the customer.

Drivers have two options:

1.) Sit while I rifle through the bag and check their work, or

2.) Accept the fact that I will use the 3rd party's app to report any discrepancy between what I PAID FOR, and what I received.

I am paying not only a marked up price for the meal (above paper menu prices), but a service fee, delivery fee, AND expected to tip the driver. After all those fees, it better be right, and better not be cold.

About 50% of the time, a side is missing, food is cold (and WET/inedible), or entire entrée was subbed for something completely different without explanation.

I'm not out here placing $40 orders to lie and try to get a free $6 side. The math doesn't work out too well for me to do that. But you'd better believe I'm going to report everything I never received, and everything that was incorrect.

We've pared down our pick of restaurants to ones that output a consistent product, this is limited to a local Mexican place and some fast food / fast casual restaurants that participate in the program(s). It has not stopped the issue completely, however.

As of this month thus far, we've:

1.) Gotten Chick-Fil-A delivered and found one order of fries half-full
2.) Received Panda Express where we ordered sides of rangoon dumplings and spring rolls, and a note that said they subbed spring rolls with another order of rangoon, but the quantity received was that of a single order of rangoon.

I'll keep reporting until they either tighten up operations or kick me off the platform.
It sounds like you're blaming the delivery driver for mistakes the restaurant is making.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:47 AM

400 posts, read 730,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
That would make a great Walgreens commercial!

"Look at the quality of people our competitor uses for your health needs"...

Walgreens > CVS (IMO). The only reason I ever go to CVS is to get items for my elderly mother that Walgreens doesn't have. Else, they (CVS) could disappear from the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:18 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,651,524 times
Quote:
To be fair - I'll just say "any 3rd party delivery that I've used" - does NOT make sure your order is correct when they pick it up. They grab a bag unwittingly, like a relay race, and drop it off at your door step.

The driver sits and watches you like a hawk until you come out and get it, and at that point snaps a picture that it was "received". This does NOT mean the order was correct, complete, or otherwise satisfactory for the customer.

Drivers have two options:

1.) Sit while I rifle through the bag and check their work, or

2.) Accept the fact that I will use the 3rd party's app to report any discrepancy between what I PAID FOR, and what I received.

I am paying not only a marked up price for the meal (above paper menu prices), but a service fee, delivery fee, AND expected to tip the driver. After all those fees, it better be right, and better not be cold.

About 50% of the time, a side is missing, food is cold (and WET/inedible), or entire entrée was subbed for something completely different without explanation.

I'm not out here placing $40 orders to lie and try to get a free $6 side. The math doesn't work out too well for me to do that. But you'd better believe I'm going to report everything I never received, and everything that was incorrect.

We've pared down our pick of restaurants to ones that output a consistent product, this is limited to a local Mexican place and some fast food / fast casual restaurants that participate in the program(s). It has not stopped the issue completely, however.

As of this month thus far, we've:

1.) Gotten Chick-Fil-A delivered and found one order of fries half-full
2.) Received Panda Express where we ordered sides of rangoon dumplings and spring rolls, and a note that said they subbed spring rolls with another order of rangoon, but the quantity received was that of a single order of rangoon.

I'll keep reporting until they either tighten up operations or kick me off the platform.
Then DON"T Use the services if you are not happy with the Results and stop blaming the drivers for the fact that the Restaurants you ordered from screwed up your order.
You do know that Drivers are not allowed to Open bags & inspect food anymore because they will be accused of TAMPERING right?
That alone will get them Terminated.
It's almost like blaming your Mailman because a package you received from Amazon was missing something !

Old 12-18-2020, 08:16 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 10 days ago)

16,101 posts, read 21,246,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Then DON"T Use the services if you are not happy with the Results and stop blaming the drivers for the fact that the Restaurants you ordered from screwed up your order.
You do know that Drivers are not allowed to Open bags & inspect food anymore because they will be accused of TAMPERING right?
That alone will get them Terminated.
It's almost like blaming your Mailman because a package you received from Amazon was missing something !
EXACTLY! Bizarre to blame the delivery driver for improperly prepared or packaged items.
Quote:
"We're terminating you for misusing the refund request on an app that we have no connection with."

That'll go over like a f-rt in church.
She'd be fired for conducting herself in an unprofessional manner while on the job. If she's at work she's the face of the company, even if it's over a personal matter she still isn't allowed to curse people out and act like a street urchin in front of customers. It creates a very negative image of the company.

However if they investigate and find she did intentionally misrepresent the facts of the delivery, they can fire her for her lack of ethics.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:17 AM

16,382 posts, read 10,502,800 times
I am retired and switched from Uber to Door Dash during the pandemic. So I have been following this story. A lot of ignorance is being shared in this thread. As pointed out the driver is not responsible for the contents of the order, the bag is sealed for obvious reasons so it's not like we can check. And it's not like customers want their driver to be pawing through their food. The orders would have been wrong had the customer ordered without the DD platform and picked it up on their own, the issue is most certainly not with Door Dash or the driver.

As for this incident I'm very glad the customer was exposed. CVS looked at the security footage and confirmed the manger received the food. They called the driver and are now dealing with the employee. But they obviously didn't fire her or that would have been announced, instead they site "employee privacy policy" with regard to discipline.

I am having a hard time if this is true. This employee brought a whole lot of negative publicity to CVS, as Double T pointed out when she is at work she is representing CVS and now millions of people have seen a video that is a bad look for CVS. They should have terminated her. But since they took the time to review the video and reach out to the driver it's clear they took this seriously and I'm pretty sure the discipline was pretty real. But she should be fired.

But with that said it's kind of common sense that you can't confront a customer. I have been so tempted to confront those who I learned didn't tip but I understand these gig platforms treat drivers as throw aways, they know we are easily replaced so they treat us that way. Something every driver should know going in.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 12-18-2020 at 08:28 AM..

Old 12-18-2020, 08:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,824,350 times
Quote:
yes, that is the service that you are getting when you use doordash or something like it. if you dont like that, dont use them.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:11 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,292,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The way I understand the situation is that the driver delivered the food to the CVS manager at that CVS, not at her house; so what was she supposed to do? Wait for her to finish working?

She was supposed to report it to her employer and not personally confront the customer at all.

And lucky for the driver it was a place of business. A driver that returns to someone's house badgering someone like that and refusing to leave could get legally shot in some states.

Last edited by oceangaia; 12-18-2020 at 09:25 AM..

Old 12-18-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
I side with the DoorDash employee here. First, the CVS employee looks so ghetto not even wearing her mask correctly. Next, all the CVS employee had to say is “yes, I got my food.” It seems like she was purposely trying to scam the system.

Where I live, during the pandemic they drop it off at your door and take a picture of the drop off, which they text you, so you can’t run a scam like this lady.

I applaud the DoorDash employee because I’m sure the CVS employee will now think twice before trying to pull this scam again.

And the ex-DoorDash employee will think twice before getting into it with a customer again.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As for this incident I'm very glad the customer was exposed. CVS looked at the security footage and confirmed the manger received the food. They called the driver and are now dealing with the employee. But they obviously didn't fire her or that would have been announced, instead they site "employee privacy policy" with regard to discipline.

While we're confirming facts, has there been any confirmation - aside from the accusations by the driver - that the store employee received or even requested a refund? And if so, how does the exact time of request compare with the exact time of delivery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events