Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 06:03 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

I understand how upset the driver was, I'm sure they put up with this kind of nonsense regularly. However, filming it like that was clearly unacceptable and Door Dash had no other option but to terminate the driver.

CVS later stated that the food was indeed delivered as seen on the in store camera system. However, CVS does not publicize how it disciplines its workers so not sure what if anything happened to this manager.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/doordas...elivery-video/

Quote:
A video trending on the r/PublicFreakout subreddit shows a CVS manager shouting profanities at a Doordash driver who accused her of falsely reporting that her food had not arrived.

The altercation apparently took place at a CVS in Garner, North Carolina. The Doordash driver walks right up the CVS employee and confronts her as she is serving a customer—a police officer, no less.

"I was just wondering why you said that your food never got delivered when I handed it to you?" the driver asks the CVS employee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 06:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Why doesn't the CVS employee just say "oh, I'm sorry, don't know how that happened, yes, I got my food"?

Sounds like she WAS intending to steal the food, and make the DoorDash employee pay for it.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:38 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
I understand the door dash driver’s frustration.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I understand the door dash driver’s frustration.
I completely do, too.

Here's the video. The CVS employee doesn't even know how to wear the damn mask, and she seems to have clearly intentionally stolen food from DoorDash.

Sad that the DoorDash employee was apparently fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUzjQ0qnFE

Old 12-15-2020, 06:59 PM

CVS has confirmed that their employee DID receive the DoorDash delivery. They weren't willing to comment on whether there was any action taken against their employee. Hopefully, kicked to the damn curb.

https://toofab.com/2020/12/11/doorda...receive-order/

Old 12-15-2020, 07:02 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,641,644 times
That belly tells the tale
The driver should prevail
She delivered the grub
Which was scarfed by the tub
Oh, such a lying whale

Old 12-16-2020, 06:56 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I understand how upset the driver was, I'm sure they put up with this kind of nonsense regularly. However, filming it like that was clearly unacceptable and Door Dash had no other option but to terminate the driver.

CVS later stated that the food was indeed delivered as seen on the in store camera system. However, CVS does not publicize how it disciplines its workers so not sure what if anything happened to this manager.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/doordas...elivery-video/
That is so messed up though. I can see why they terminated him, but I wish they didn't. My bff drove for Uber and Lyft in Tampa and she had a ton of people trying to pull crap to get free rides. They'd complain about the ride just to get out of paying for it. One person stated the driver (my friend) was drunk, to get a charge taken off for a particularly long ride. Uber takes the charge off and then the driver gets suspended for however long, no evidence required at all and no option for the driver to dispute.

This is even worse, because the drivers stated they have to pay for the food in these cases! These awful companies are making billions off the backs of those with little means and they are treated like disposable trash.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:02 AM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
CVS has confirmed that their employee DID receive the DoorDash delivery. They weren't willing to comment on whether there was any action taken against their employee. Hopefully, kicked to the damn curb.

https://toofab.com/2020/12/11/doorda...receive-order/
That is crappy that she was trying to scam the driver..........If she is doing that stuff, wonder what she is pulling for scams at CVS.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
I think it’s pretty sad that the Door Dash Driver was fired over this. Door dash needs to come up with a better way for driver’s to be able to confirm delivery. I guess they can take photo for proof just to protect themselves in the meantime. The CVS lady is clearly a dishonest person who was trying to take advantage of the situation and get a free meal.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:13 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Driving for Doordash or any of the other delivery services is a tough gig. I would not want to do it.

If the driver in this video starts a GoFundMe, let me know. I'll kick in some cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events