Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 08:32 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,086,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The employee, Qwanda, has been fired. CVS was most concerned with her failing to properly wear her mask.
Qwanda? Huh, I would have made her as more of a Korona or a Kwarantine. I guess you never know about names.

YouTube is getting full of videos of deadbeats who eat 80% of their steak and then complain it wasn't cooked properly, who spend the night in a motel and then demand their money back in the morning because the "room was filthy", etc.; the funny thing is, it's the miscreants themselves who are posting the videos, likely looking to promote "Social Justice". Shoplifting largely goes unpunished now, and we all pay higher prices because of it. Any time a cop pulls over someone who doesn't look like Ron Howard, rest assured they will face complaints of racism. Personally, I think that particular Card has been overplayed to the point where once-valid complaints have been damaged beyond repair. The whole "I want to see your Supervisor" thing, wholly designed to waste the cop's time in hopes a Supervisor isn't available and they will be let go, is abused to the max. Don't even get me started on the Moors and Sovereign Citizens.

It's pretty obvious the CVS employee was guilty of a smart phone dine 'n' dash, otherwise her response would have been "What are you talking about, I never got my order" to the Driver, the store video wasn't even needed for proof on my behalf. The Driver probably took it a little too far, she should have stopped after her first inquiry was answered, and shouldn't have interrupted the other customer's time, she should have waited her turn - she proved her point in the first thirty seconds. But if her intention was to punish the thief, even if it cost her own job, it was Mission Accomplished - if you don't punish Bad Behavior, you're guaranteed to get something - more bad behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 04:41 AM

23,910 posts, read 33,712,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am retired and switched from Uber to Door Dash during the pandemic. So I have been following this story. A lot of ignorance is being shared in this thread. As pointed out the driver is not responsible for the contents of the order, the bag is sealed for obvious reasons so it's not like we can check. And it's not like customers want their driver to be pawing through their food. The orders would have been wrong had the customer ordered without the DD platform and picked it up on their own, the issue is most certainly not with Door Dash or the driver.

As for this incident I'm very glad the customer was exposed. CVS looked at the security footage and confirmed the manger received the food. They called the driver and are now dealing with the employee. But they obviously didn't fire her or that would have been announced, instead they site "employee privacy policy" with regard to discipline.

I am having a hard time if this is true. This employee brought a whole lot of negative publicity to CVS, as Double T pointed out when she is at work she is representing CVS and now millions of people have seen a video that is a bad look for CVS. They should have terminated her. But since they took the time to review the video and reach out to the driver it's clear they took this seriously and I'm pretty sure the discipline was pretty real. But she should be fired.

But with that said it's kind of common sense that you can't confront a customer. I have been so tempted to confront those who I learned didn't tip but I understand these gig platforms treat drivers as throw aways, they know we are easily replaced so they treat us that way. Something every driver should know going in.
I'll be shocked if she wasn't fired.

Old 12-19-2020, 07:57 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,294,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'll be shocked if she wasn't fired.

She was fired, and probably would've been even if video confirmed there was no food delivery. Companies really don't want such negative publicity and have always punished employees for bringing personal issues into the workplace, directly or indirectly. Both companies here are not happy about the image it projects of them or the time that executive management has had to spend on this issue.

I'm posting the interview of the driver. Initially, I didn't bcause I didn't support the fundraising part but after thinking about it, if a young lady raising kids by working low-end jobs gets a little Christmas cash from the attention, well worse things have happened. She really seems sincere and believable. And the screenshots of her texts with Qwanda letting her know she had arrived and then wishing her happy holidays after delivery (before getting the complaint notice) are going to infuriate people here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK7...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-19-2020, 08:15 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,632,120 times
IDK how people can do this knowing they are not just stealing from Doordash, but taking away the earning ability from someone. How can they not realize that if you accuse a Dasher of theft, you are costing them their job?

Old 12-19-2020, 08:36 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
IDK how people can do this knowing they are not just stealing from Doordash, but taking away the earning ability from someone. How can they not realize that if you accuse a Dasher of theft, you are costing them their job?
Those types of people are simply low lives, plain and simple.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:37 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 11 days ago)

16,102 posts, read 21,249,569 times
Quote:
Btw, I did find a screenshot of the DD notice of non-delivery. Maybe we can find the date/time from the surveillance video.

Date: 12/09/2020
Time: 05:12 pm
Restaurant: Hibachi China 88

The notice also has a link to Tell Us What Happened so she did have a way to give her side of the story.
I don't know how accurate this is, but apparently a CVS spokesperson confirmed the delivery date and TIME in question. So it seems it wasn't any sort of mix up or confusion on anyone's part.

"We contacted Ms. Hunt last week and apologized for her experience," they said. "We also contacted Door Dash and informed them that our security video confirmed that she delivered food to our store location on the time and day in question."

https://toofab.com/2020/12/11/doorda...s%20matter.%22

Old 12-19-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Those types of people are simply low lives, plain and simple.
Instacart customers do it too. They order steaks and then say they are missing, which is blaming the shopper. The shopper though can usually prove with photos the customer is committing fraud.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:11 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,919,946 times
Quote:
She was fired, and probably would've been even if video confirmed there was no food delivery. Companies really don't want such negative publicity and have always punished employees for bringing personal issues into the workplace, directly or indirectly. Both companies here are not happy about the image it projects of them or the time that executive management has had to spend on this issue.

I'm posting the interview of the driver. Initially, I didn't bcause I didn't support the fundraising part but after thinking about it, if a young lady raising kids by working low-end jobs gets a little Christmas cash from the attention, well worse things have happened. She really seems sincere and believable. And the screenshots of her texts with Qwanda letting her know she had arrived and then wishing her happy holidays after delivery (before getting the complaint notice) are going to infuriate people here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK7...ature=youtu.be

Good. Qwanda should have been fired for trying to game the system, lying, and for looking like a fool the way she was wearing her mask!

Old 12-19-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Good. Qwanda should have been fired for trying to game the system, lying, and for looking like a fool the way she was wearing her mask!
It's a crime. Theft, fraud, not sure which that falls under but it's a crime.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:35 AM

16,382 posts, read 10,505,599 times
Quote:
Why else? Are you serious? Ever heard of the likes of Twitter or Youtube? Every day there's thousands of people who went to "all this trouble" to record and post a video of some incident or confrontation. It seems every other day one of them goes "viral". Some of them may just be posting what they experienced and some of them may be staging it or setting it up for attention or profit.

What if I were to tell you her name was Rebecca, known by friends as "Bee"? I didn't have to go through DoorDash to find her identity. CVS could have contacted her direct. It's not hard to find the identity of someone who posts a viral video.

What if I told you that there is at least one 25 minute video interview with her. Btw, she had signed up with DoorDash just two weeks before this happened so not like she sacrificed a career.

What if I were to tell you that the above video has accompanying info that "If you would like to help out Bee you can show her support by using the following links:" then provides Venmo and Cashapp links. Many comments said they sent her cash. I'm not reposting them because at this point she has profited enough.
I have no idea why you insist on attacking this driver. To claim this was all stages for fame and a money grab is nothing more than cynical speculation and totally unfair. CVS is on record as having seen the video and are now investigating. There was absolutely no reason to doubt her story, especially when you all are now aware of just how often these false claims occur. She was interviewed for 25 minutes because this is a known story. She's got 5 kids had her hours cut, she was just trying to earn what she needs. She needs money and a fund raising was started. But was it her? Even if it was so what? That's what fund raising sites are for. So what if she signed up 2 weeks before? Nobody claimed this was her career, but she obviously needed the money and these false claims cost drivers their jobs.

This POS customer caused her to react and that cost her her job, as it should have. As she explained in the video customers do this all the time and drivers are fired unfairly with little recourse, even with a picture as proof. She had every right to be upset at this customer, I'm really glad to read that she was fired, wondering if someone can post that article as I didn't see it. I was also wondering if the mask violation would be reason enough along with all the cursing in the store by the manager.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 12-19-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events