Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 01:53 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't really care if I sound judgey or not. If you choose to bring 5 children into the world by the age of 29 then perhaps your drinking/party days should be done.
No one can stop you from judging others but you said I'm not going to judge her, but you did then you went on to judge her more. I guess that is between you and your God or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 01:55 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sounds like you are as old as I.
Maybe, but I'm not posting my age

Old 02-01-2022, 01:55 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Party buses allow dancing. Since they allow dancing, they have a responsibility to make sure passengers are safe. The door was obviously faulty if all it took to open was for her to fall on it. The family has every right to blame the bus company.
Of course a family with 5 kids and mother who is no longer with them is going to be looking for a payout from the bus company...why wouldnt they. This is the world we live in today. I mean it sounds like ALL of the blame is being placed on the bus company...not for the drunk people standing up on the bus dancing.

Honestly I'm not sure I've ever heard a bus broadcasting that it's perfectly fine to stand up and dance (albeit intoxicated) with a bunch of people while a driver tries to get you home. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of anyone and assume that i was going to be ok and dance wildly drunk on a bus at 3am. I wouldnt expect a door to open if i fell into it either...i'd wonder who left the door opened or who opened? Could have been one of the guests on the bus that opened the door while it was moving? I suppose ya'll will say it was the driver who should have made sure the doors were secured when the bus left so that in the event that someone fell into the doors that wouldnt have happened.

I've taken cabs/ubers home before...the drivers never got out and came around to make sure my doors were closed. I made it home ok. And again...I dont think any buses were designed to have people stand on them dancing...if they choose to do that, that's them taking a chance. In a moving vehicle people should be seated and wearing seatbelt.

I got an email at the beginning of the school year because 1st graders on my kids bus were standing up...people are taught in elementary school not to stand on a bus.

Again...it's sad the woman died...but also sad that her family is putting all the blame on the bus company.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:56 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one can stop you from judging others but you said I'm not going to judge her, but you did then you went on to judge her more. I guess that is between you and your God or whatever.
I'm more so judging her family at this point since they want to blame the bus company. You can't blame the person who acted up and died so you gotta blame someone.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:00 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
I'm more so judging her family at this point since they want to blame the bus company. You can't blame the person who acted up and died so you gotta blame someone.
Take a look at these images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nash...&bih=604&dpr=1

Old 02-01-2022, 02:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
...I dont think any buses were designed to have people stand on them dancing...if they choose to do that, that's them taking a chance. In a moving vehicle people should be seated and wearing seatbelt.

Again...it's sad the woman died...but also sad that her family is putting all the blame on the bus company.
Party buses literally have dance floors.

It's not the same as little kids on a school bus, sorry.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:13 PM

Sorry again but i'd say if you ride in one of those buses it's at your own risk. The family likely will get a pay day out of it but doesnt bring back the person that died.

and you're telling me that just because a party bus has a dance floor that that means it's safe??

Alcohol is sold everywhere and it isn't particularly safe if you really want to get into it. Perhaps the alcohol company should be sued as well.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
As I said I have never been on a party bus, I dont know anything about the one she was on but I'm pretty sure the intent of a party bus is to allows groups to party, drink, dance, etc. safely for money. As with other such venues I would assume they would be liable for certain safety issues. Its not as though "acting up" as you put it is not the expected behavior for those renting a party bus.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry again but i'd say if you ride in one of those buses it's at your own risk. The family likely will get a pay day out of it but doesnt bring back the person that died.

and you're telling me that just because a party bus has a dance floor that that means it's safe??

Alcohol is sold everywhere and it isn't particularly safe if you really want to get into it. Perhaps the alcohol company should be sued as well.
Well when I ride a bus or take a cab, etc. I expect if I lean on the door it will not pop open and I fall out, I expect it to be in good running order. And if there is a dance floor I expect it to be safe. Accidents do happen but sometimes it is due to negligence, sometimes stupidity, sometimes they just happen. We dont know the details at this point.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:

In a legal sense, it doesn't matter what you think. And I never said that it was "safe."

Party buses have dance floors and allow alcohol consumption. It's a liability they agree to when offering this particular service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events