Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 02:24 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't really care if I sound judgey or not. If you choose to bring 5 children into the world by the age of 29 then perhaps your drinking/party days should be done.

There it is. The claws come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 02:29 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
There it is. The claws come out.
not claws, common sense.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Of course a family with 5 kids and mother who is no longer with them is going to be looking for a payout from the bus company...why wouldnt they. This is the world we live in today. I mean it sounds like ALL of the blame is being placed on the bus company...not for the drunk people standing up on the bus dancing.

Honestly I'm not sure I've ever heard a bus broadcasting that it's perfectly fine to stand up and dance (albeit intoxicated) with a bunch of people while a driver tries to get you home. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of anyone and assume that i was going to be ok and dance wildly drunk on a bus at 3am. I wouldnt expect a door to open if i fell into it either...i'd wonder who left the door opened or who opened? Could have been one of the guests on the bus that opened the door while it was moving? I suppose ya'll will say it was the driver who should have made sure the doors were secured when the bus left so that in the event that someone fell into the doors that wouldnt have happened.

I've taken cabs/ubers home before...the drivers never got out and came around to make sure my doors were closed. I made it home ok. And again...I dont think any buses were designed to have people stand on them dancing...if they choose to do that, that's them taking a chance. In a moving vehicle people should be seated and wearing seatbelt.

I got an email at the beginning of the school year because 1st graders on my kids bus were standing up...people are taught in elementary school not to stand on a bus.

Again...it's sad the woman died...but also sad that her family is putting all the blame on the bus company.
It. Is. A. PARTY. BUS. Thus is the nature of PARTY BUS. It's SUPPOSED to be a safe environment for people to party. The onus IS on the Party Bus owner(s) to provide a safe and fun environment. Have you ever BEEN on a party bus?

A party bus isn't the same as a school bus. It's not the same as an uber or a cab.

I was on a party bus once. It took us to a bunch of wineries. The bus had all the seats taken out, and we all sat around the sides of the bus on wooden benches, thus leaving a LOT of floor space for coolers...and yes, dancing, if anyone felt so inclined. SOMETIMES the buses even have stripper poles! Yes, sometimes, if someone was REALLY WASTED, that person might be acting up...but they'd fall in people's laps. Not out the back of the bus.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
not claws, common sense.

No...you're being mean and judgey. You're implying that the only way this woman would have 5 kids is by getting drunk and not using protection.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:47 PM

lol ok people...i would never assume a party bus is a safe place to be. Sorry to tell you but no moving vehicle is ever guaranteed to be safe. You could crash on the way to hospital in an ambulance.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:48 PM

Default re

Quote:
No...you're being mean and judgey. You're implying that the only way this woman would have 5 kids is by getting drunk and not using protection.
What?? where did i say that?

She was married and all 5 kids were with the husband by the sounds of it. There is such a thing as birth control...but i guess she didnt want to use it.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:52 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Maybe she wasn't going to have to function the next day. Maybe she and her friends were going to get a hotel room and sleep in.
All I can say is I'm glad I didn't have parents who ever went out and got smashed until 3 AM or later.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
All I can say is I'm glad I didn't have parents who were going out and getting smashed at 3 AM.

What WOULD be an appropriate time to you? Midnight like Cinderella?

Old 02-01-2022, 03:00 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
What WOULD be an appropriate time to you? Midnight like Cinderella?
Honestly, even midnight was rare for them unless it was New Year's Eve.

There are certain risks one should not take when you have 5 young dependent children. Partying on a bus at 3 AM fits in that category, IMO.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
What?? where did i say that?

She was married and all 5 kids were with the husband by the sounds of it. There is such a thing as birth control...but i guess she didnt want to use it.

I guess not. Why does that bother you?

My mom and dad had 5 kids. My mom was 21 when was born, One day shy of 22 when my brother was born, 23.5 when my sister was born, 24.5 when my next sister was born, and 26 when my youngest brother was born. What can I say, they liked sex and didn't use birth control.

SOMETIMES my mom and dad went out, had fun, and left us with babysitters. Oh the horror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events