Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM

5,609 posts, read 6,543,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
Joe, Vicky was a widow.
Her ex died in Jan 2022 from Parkinson's, he was 62.

I guess it's no big deal to Casey that she's dead.
But then, who knows.
Yea, who knows? But I think he felt something for her, he did show concern for her when he was pulled out of the wrecked Cadillac and arrested. He referred to her as his "wife", that shows concern to me...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 08:21 AM

3,162 posts, read 1,619,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Yea, who knows? But I think he felt something for her, he did show concern for her when he was pulled out of the wrecked Cadillac and arrested. He referred to her as his "wife", that shows concern to me...........
Or he's angling for her pension.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:39 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,560,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
What pension?

Old 05-12-2022, 08:56 AM

631 posts, read 292,324 times
Quote:
LOL.

1) I think she 'lost' her pension.

2) he's a prisoner and can't collect on her pension, even if legally married, which they're not

3) I'm sure her pension was the last thing on his mind as they wrecked, LE were pulling them out, and she had just shot herself in the head right in front of him, at close range.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
LOL.

1) I think she 'lost' her pension.

2) he's a prisoner and can't collect on her pension, even if legally married, which they're not

3) I'm sure her pension was the last thing on his mind as they wrecked, LE were pulling them out, and she had just shot herself in the head right in front of him, at close range.
Unless you are knowledgable about the pension plan provisions, no way to know for sure. There are things like vesting, spousal benefit, beneficiaries. According to reports, she completed her pension paperwork. She was not convicted of anything so nothing is certain. I wouldn't presume to know his state of mind especially a murderer and we don't know what he thinks he might be entitled to.

Last edited by Maddie104; 05-12-2022 at 09:13 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Unless you are knowledgable about the pension plan provisions, no way to know for sure. There are things like vesting, spousal benefit, beneficiaries. According to reports, she completed her pension paperwork. She was not convicted of anything so nothing is certain. I wouldn't presume to know his state of mind especially a murderer and we don't know what he thinks he might be entitled to.
Her retirement paperwork was never completed, and she was terminated while on the lam; they were not married; and I repeat, he cannot receive any type of gov't benefits as long as he's incarcerated (and he was already serving an effective life sentence, so he wasn't looking to get out alive anyway).

As far as his state of mind, no, I wasn't in his head, but know enough about general human psychology to assess that this would not be on his mind as he just watched his lover's brains get blown out. Such plans emerge during times of calm and reflection, when people start strategizing their advantage.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Her retirement paperwork was never completed, and she was terminated while on the lam; they were not married; and I repeat, he cannot receive any type of gov't benefits as long as he's incarcerated (and he was already serving an effective life sentence, so he wasn't looking to get out alive anyway).

As far as his state of mind, no, I wasn't in his head, but know enough about general human psychology to assess that this would not be on his mind as he just watched his lover's brains get blown out. Such plans emerge during times of calm and reflection, when people start strategizing their advantage.
I have administered many pension plans and I repeat unless you have read this pension plan, you do not know. Just because someone is terminated does not mean they and/or the beneficiaries are not entitled to a pension. That is called a vested benefit. Many government pension plans are contributory and you are 100% vested in your own contributions. Some plans pay a death benefit. Get back to me after you have read the plan.

Last edited by Maddie104; 05-12-2022 at 09:42 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I have administered many pension plans and I repeat unless you have read this pension plan, you do not know. Just because someone is terminated does not mean they and/or the beneficiaries are not entitled to a pension. That is called a vested benefit. Many government pension plans are contributory and you are 100% vested in your own contributions. Some plans pay a death benefit. Get back to me after you have read the plan.
I see that you're invested in seeing the worst ugly human motives, but no. She lost her pension by her act of aiding an inmate escape, a fact I am sure she was aware of (not to mention, publicized nationally). Here's a headline to that effect in case you missed it: https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/vick...riff-says.html

I stand by my other points made, including the fact that the entire state of Alabama would burn down first before Casey W saw any pension money.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:31 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,316,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Whose idea was it to make this information public? Not a good idea at all. The haters are gonna be out in force.
I don't think it was a good idea either. The family was innocent in this and they need the privacy to cope however they can.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:36 AM

51,036 posts, read 36,758,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Something someone read somewhere strikes again. She had no children.
That's why I prefaced with "I don't know if it's true".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events