Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 12:08 PM

3,150 posts, read 1,604,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

That’s what started the whole discussion. Someone said at the crime scene, he appear to want her to be saved, he appeared to care for her. And then someone responded to that post by saying that he might’ve been pretending to care about her because he was angling for her pension. It requires some sort of legal relationship either married or blood relative. There is no pension that some guy you’re dating can claim after death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Yea, who knows? But I think he felt something for her, he did show concern for her when he was pulled out of the wrecked Cadillac and arrested. He referred to her as his "wife", that shows concern to me...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Or he's angling for her pension.
My post was in reference to the statement "he referred to her as his wife."

I never stated he was pretending to care for her. That would be irrevalent to the pension issue. So, you took my statement out of context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 12:14 PM

631 posts, read 289,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's why I prefaced with "I don't know if it's true".
Vicky W's obituary mentions "special family" members. I don't know what that means but wonder if there were people in her life who considered themselves to be her 'kids,' or brothers or sisters. Maybe that's what led to some confusion. She had a large circle of family and friends; they're pulling together the service and funeral quickly, and submitted the obituary. So sad.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:37 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,013,928 times
I owe you one Joe.
I had a brain lapse lol.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:57 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well, at the time of death, she was a terminated employee. Why would they pay out a death benefit?

And asking because I don't know...does one contribute to a pension plan? I mean, I know you do for a 401k...but a pension plan?
We had to pay into ours when I worked for a school district. They took it out of our pay automatically. I think it's usually the case, at least with union pensions.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:59 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Whose idea was it to make this information public? Not a good idea at all. The haters are gonna be out in force.
Why even have a funeral? I don't plan to have one, and I haven't become "infamous."

I think her mother/MIL are basically in denial and consider her a victim. I'm surprised they haven't started a Go Fund Me.

As for the pension: whether being fired, quitting, or retiring, you're still entitled to it if you're vested in the plan. And, as I recall, you can name anyone you like as beneficiary. She might not have chosen the survivorship option, however (I didn't).

And as for Casey referring to her as his "wife," anyone else wondering if they somehow managed to get legally married somewhere along the line? Seems impossible, but...

Maybe it was just a private spiritual wedding (I had one of those).

Last edited by otterhere; 05-12-2022 at 01:20 PM..

Old 05-12-2022, 01:16 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Why even have a funeral? I don't plan to have one, and I haven't become "infamous."

I think her mother/MIL are basically in denial and consider her a victim. I'm surprised they haven't started a Go Fund Me.

As for the pension, being fired, quitting, or retiring, you're still entitled to it if you're vested in the plan. And, as I recall, you can name anyone you like as beneficiary. She might not have chosen the survivorship option, however.
I would like to see a link to that, because I don't think it's accurate. Normally it has to be a spouse or children. Regardless, if she had done that, then he wouldn't have to "appear" to care about her to "angle" for her pension.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Vicky W's obituary mentions "special family" members. I don't know what that means but wonder if there were people in her life who considered themselves to be her 'kids,' or brothers or sisters. Maybe that's what led to some confusion. She had a large circle of family and friends; they're pulling together the service and funeral quickly, and submitted the obituary. So sad.
Hopefully they will move the service to a different time so protestors can't disrupt it. The funeral service is for her friends and family to mourn her, not judge her. That's what the internet is for!

Old 05-12-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Funerals are for the bereaved, not the dead.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:22 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Funerals are for the bereaved, not the dead.
Indeed, but - considering everything - I believe I'd make it a quiet, small, private affair.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Indeed, but - considering everything - I believe I'd make it a quiet, small, private affair.
Agreed. Whoever made this public was not thinking straight. I wonder if they even ran it past the family. If it was left up to her elderly parents, they might not have been thinking this through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events