Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 11:06 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,252,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
No...the way I read it, it seemed catty and gossipy.
Same here. I thought the interview with the fired employee seemed vindictive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 11:12 AM

631 posts, read 292,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Please reference provisions of the plan that allow you to come to this conclusion.
The plan did not terminate Vicky's plan; Sheriff Singleton terminated it by firing her.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:16 AM

3,162 posts, read 1,620,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It depends. When my mother died her pension ended. But the conversation here began when someone said Casey might have been “angling for her pension”. It’s not possible.
The operative word is "angling." Anyone can angle for anything. Again, every pension plan is different. It doesn't matter what happened with your mother's or anyone else's pension.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:18 AM

51,048 posts, read 36,758,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
The operative word is "angling." Anyone can angle for anything. Again, every pension plan is different. It doesn't matter what happened when your mother's or anyone else's pension ended.
Okay, you win, he pretended to be concerned for her at the crime scene in order to angle for her pension. Cause there’s lots of pension plans were all you have to do is appear to care about the person who died in order to get their pension

Old 05-12-2022, 11:19 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,560,867 times
If he was "angling" for her pension, even if she still has one and he was entitled to it, he would not have asked them to save her. He'd want her to die from self-inflicted wounds.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
It depends. When my mother died her pension ended. But the conversation here began when someone said Casey might have been “angling for her pension”. It’s not possible.
[quote=ocnjgirl;63424710]Okay, you win, he pretended to be concerned for her at the crime scene in order to angle for her pension. Cause there’s lots of pension plans were all you have to do is appear to care about the person who died in order to get their pension[/QUOTE]

WHAT??? Caring or not caring has nothing to do with it.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:29 AM

51,048 posts, read 36,758,916 times
[quote=Maddie104;63424771]
Quote:
Okay, you win, he pretended to be concerned for her at the crime scene in order to angle for her pension. Cause there’s lots of pension plans were all you have to do is appear to care about the person who died in order to get their pension[/QUOTE]

WHAT??? Caring or not caring has nothing to do with it.
That’s what started the whole discussion. Someone said at the crime scene, he appear to want her to be saved, he appeared to care for her. And then someone responded to that post by saying that he might’ve been pretending to care about her because he was angling for her pension. It requires some sort of legal relationship either married or blood relative. There is no pension that some guy you’re dating can claim after death.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
The plan did not terminate Vicky's plan; Sheriff Singleton terminated it by firing her.
I don't think you have ever read a pension plan. By regulation, the plan must disclose eligibility, contributions, vesting, methods of payments, when payments, begin, when payments stop, etc. The plan must be followed. Sheriff Singleton does not get to decide whether or not Vicky gets a pension. Yes, he can terminate her employment but the plan provisions must be followed on whether or not she or someone else is entitled to her pension or death benefit. There is a Plan Administrator who insures the provisions are followed and hears appeals if any.

Last edited by Maddie104; 05-12-2022 at 11:48 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 11:41 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,163,339 times
Quote:
Everyone knows he's not entitled to it. He has nothing to do with those of us wondering how her pension is going to be handled now.

What kind of pension is it? Is it a combo of multi contributions or only based on pay and years on the job? Did she contribute to it? If so, they can't steal her contributions. Her parent's will probably get those. Can they take back the employers matched ones if there were any?

If it's just a retirement pension that is based on her top 3 years of pay plus medical and dental then I don't know if her parents can fight for any of it since she had no children.
Maddie104 is right, until you see the paperwork, we don't know anything.

I would think anyone knows by now. Don't believe anything you see on the news. I highly doubt her private retirement finances can be given out. Only her tax funded portion that pertains to her being a public servant.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:55 AM

5,710 posts, read 3,206,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
My guess is it would be split between her parents. Since she is dead (not going to serve jail time) I don't see how they could take back any personal contributions before her official fired date. I wonder if they could "bill" her employers previous contributions for the tax payers cost of the manhunt?

I would be very interested if a death benefit was payed out and by who. She could also have others that are not through her employer.
Well, at the time of death, she was a terminated employee. Why would they pay out a death benefit?

And asking because I don't know...does one contribute to a pension plan? I mean, I know you do for a 401k...but a pension plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events