Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 07:26 AM

17,519 posts, read 22,269,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I think it's a joke, but I don't understand it... or why it's been posted.
the address is to Maralago
https://www.maralagoclub.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 08:53 AM

5,727 posts, read 3,227,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She would have had to have paid for that vacation rental somehow — and I've never seen an option on a vacation rental site to pay with cash, and you have to give them your name and contact info no matter what. Unless she is somehow using someone else's ID and had CCs in that name, idk. This seems fairly well planned, but I'm wondering what she's using for money. There doesn't seem to be any indication (or maybe I missed it) that she withdraw any large amounts of cash from her bank prior to the escape. Any ATM or CC activity on her part will be noticed immediately.
She had $80,000 from the sale of her house, right? And she's been living with her mom for 5 weeks, so she would've had plenty of time to withdraw cash and stick it in a sock, or a suitcase, or whatever.

Old 05-05-2022, 10:33 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,166,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
26 million? Doubt it.
Quote:
I think it's a joke, but I don't understand it... or why it's been posted.
Me either. It confused me enough to post above reply that now makes no sense to even me, lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
They have been located:

1100 S Ocean Blvd, Palm Beach, FL 33480
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
the address is to Maralago
https://www.maralagoclub.com/
Was that supposed to be a joke? It just confused most of us.

Back to the topic, I thought this was an interesting watch. Connie Ridgeway's (the woman casey white murdered in 2015) son was interviewed.

Quote:
Inside the Manhunt for Escaped 6-Foot-9 Prisoner and Guard
https://youtu.be/74XO-0wY9A4

Old 05-05-2022, 10:35 AM

102,300 posts, read 108,407,525 times
Quote:
At some point, if they manage to stay hidden for years, they're going to need money. Fake IDs might get them some low-paying jobs, but only if the employers don't investigate their faked job resumes. But will they want to slave away at menial jobs? The only other recourse is stealing and bank robbery, maybe.

I doubt the police and FBI will lose interest in this case. I don't see things "calming down" for a long while. The public might soon forget, but not law enforcement.

She's bound to regret this in time (if she's still alive). She traded a decent life and easy retirement for...being on the run with a murderer until she dies. No man is worth that.
Well, if we pull out all stops on speculation, they could hole up in a foreclosed property in Detroit: become squatters. Then they'd only have to buy food, not pay rent. Though they probably wouldn't be able to get the utilities turned on in winter.

They could also head for Mexico the way some illegals do, when they go back home to look after family, then return to the US to resume their jobs: they could cross at some point that doesn't have steady surveillance, on foot.

Both scenarios are unlikely, but possible. It's no way to live, though. The stress of the situation is probably leading to quarreling, unless she did have some kind of safe haven worked out in advance.

They're in Florida? I guess that eliminates the Mexican-crossing option, for now at least.

Old 05-05-2022, 10:42 AM

5,727 posts, read 3,227,446 times
The Palm Beach address is Miralago...Trump's resort/hotel. Trump being a crook...etc.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:21 AM

51,148 posts, read 36,837,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was wondering the same thing. She looks like she's in her 20's-30's in that photo. Though some women in their early 50's retain a youthful look, by 56 the chances that the Great Hormonal Time Bomb has hit them, and taken a toll. I wonder if she was always overweight, or if that's a sign of age.

I don't think hiding in plain sight would work. I don't have a TV, but her photo is probably all over the media. And if not, I would think it's definitely all over the national LE info networks. And hiding in plain sight, you never know of some upstanding citizen might spot her and want to do the right thing, be the person with the tip that results in an arrest. It would be highly chancy. Though I do understand the rationale, that sometimes the boldest, gutsiest strategy can have a hope of working, simply because it's the last thing anyone expects.
I agree with that. I once saw a poster in Home Depot in the employee area near the bathroom, that had a poster of most commonly stolen items. Once of them was toilets! I think because if you just haul a toilet out the door in front of everyone, everyone just assumes you're doing it on the up and up. I think that bolder type of theft works better than trying to stuff a hammer down your pants.

The NY subway shooter was outside in the open in NYC (Greenwich Village I believe) sitting on a bench with thousands of people walking by and God knows how many cameras, and no one noticed him even though IMO he is very distinctive looking. He ended up calling police himself saying "here I am".

Old 05-05-2022, 12:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,888,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Could she have bought one of those credit cards where you pre-pay for it? I got one of those when one website only accepted master card and I didn't have one. Maybe you're required to show ID but I imagine she may have been able to get a fake one. She could put anyone's name and address in there for the rental; I'm not sure how they would check. I'm not giving up on this vacation rental idea! (But I'm sure that's totally not what's going on; it's like I said a hair-brained idea).

Have you ever used a vacation rental service before? Airbnb and VRBO don't allow prepaid cards; a lot of hotels/motels don't either. And good luck getting a host to accept you as a guest without having gone through the verified identification process on the platform.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
She had $80,000 from the sale of her house, right? And she's been living with her mom for 5 weeks, so she would've had plenty of time to withdraw cash and stick it in a sock, or a suitcase, or whatever.
Of course she would have, and if she's done so, the FBI would know that by now. But I was responding to the vacation rental theory with that post, and my point was that vacation rentals typically do not accept cash payments. You have to have a CC (and not a prepaid one) to even book one.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:55 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,942,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Have you ever used a vacation rental service before? Airbnb and VRBO don't allow prepaid cards; a lot of hotels/motels don't either. And good luck getting a host to accept you as a guest without having gone through the verified identification process on the platform.
Yeah, that's why I thought of it. I didn't know they didn't allow prepaid cards. Well, that just about kills that idea. I didn't know there was any verified identification process. All I ever did was just fill in the blanks and put in my credit card info. Well, all that's good to know.

I think I'll go with Lookforward's idea about her buying a secluded trailer somewhere.

Old 05-05-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Yeah, that's why I thought of it. I didn't know they didn't allow prepaid cards. Well, that just about kills that idea. I didn't know there was any verified identification process. All I ever did was just fill in the blanks and put in my credit card info. Well, all that's good to know.

I think I'll go with Lookforward's idea about her buying a secluded trailer somewhere.
Yeah, they started getting stricter after too many people were renting them for parties and trashing them and/or stealing stuff. You can still rent one without going through their verification process IF you can find a host who'll agree to that, but their systems won't take prepaid cards at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events