Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 06:36 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times

Advertisements

Wheelchair is a dumb idea............he is a big dude to be pushing around and it would likely draw MORE attention to them seeing her struggle pushing him around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 06:56 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,929,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Wheelchair is a dumb idea............he is a big dude to be pushing around and it would likely draw MORE attention to them seeing her struggle pushing him around.
Would it be a struggle for her though? With the wheels on them, as long as they weren't going uphill. She may have been pretty strong, who knows? I've never pushed anyone in a wheelchair before so I don't know. Maybe some nurses on here can give us a perspective.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:53 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Would it be a struggle for her though? With the wheels on them, as long as they weren't going uphill. She may have been pretty strong, who knows? I've never pushed anyone in a wheelchair before so I don't know. Maybe some nurses on here can give us a perspective.
Many wheelchairs are electric. No need to push.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:06 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Not sure how they could really hope to get *anywhere* for any length of time.

She knows law enforcement and obviously they had a lot of time to plan.

Sooooo, that means going off the grid somewhere. My speculation is that she paid cash for a camper or truck\camper set-up and they're off to the back woods somewhere but that's just not going to last. He just sticks out too much.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:26 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
It's not hard to push someone in a wheelchair, even if they're tall. There is only one person in my nursing home who is hard to push, because she's extremely obese and it feels like you're pushing her on flat tires. Tall people or even most large people, no problem. I do think they'd attract attention, though.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:44 AM

329 posts, read 225,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not sure how they could really hope to get *anywhere* for any length of time.

She knows law enforcement and obviously they had a lot of time to plan.

Sooooo, that means going off the grid somewhere. My speculation is that she paid cash for a camper or truck\camper set-up and they're off to the back woods somewhere but that's just not going to last. He just sticks out too much.
According to the U.S. Marshals, the two were possibly traveling in a 2007 Ford Edge, cooper-gold in color. (By now, they could be driving something else, even a camper.)
www.wsfa.com/2022/05/03/us-marshals-release-possible-vehicle-information-escaped-inmate-corrections-officer/#:~:text=(WAFF)%20%2D%20The%20United%20States,driv ing%20a%202007%20Ford%20Edge.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:48 AM

2,462 posts, read 2,482,549 times
This reminds me of the case in Granite, OK back in the 1990's. The warden's wife ran off with a prisoner and hid out on a chicken farm for several years. This incident made several of the national news shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDw3s2CRjsg

Old 05-04-2022, 11:01 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Some thoughts...

1. Remember she said she was going to seek medical attention after she dropped Casey off for his psych eval. Maybe the stiff gait is what she was supposedly seeking medical attention for.

2. I wonder if the picture that we keep seeing of Vickie is a recent picture? I know that my work I.D. picture is about 18 years old, my hair is a different color now, and I'm 18 years older. In short, I look different now.

3. If I was going to try and pull something off like this...I would hide in plain sight. Maybe go to Miami, or New Orleans. Some place where there's a new face all the time, and no one pays much attention to the tall guy. He's a tourist, and tourists are a dime a dozen.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Some thoughts...

1. Remember she said she was going to seek medical attention after she dropped Casey off for his psych eval. Maybe the stiff gait is what she was supposedly seeking medical attention for.

2. I wonder if the picture that we keep seeing of Vickie is a recent picture? I know that my work I.D. picture is about 18 years old, my hair is a different color now, and I'm 18 years older. In short, I look different now.

3. If I was going to try and pull something off like this...I would hide in plain sight. Maybe go to Miami, or New Orleans. Some place where there's a new face all the time, and no one pays much attention to the tall guy. He's a tourist, and tourists are a dime a dozen.
I was wondering the same thing. She looks like she's in her 20's-30's in that photo. Though some women in their early 50's retain a youthful look, by 56 the chances that the Great Hormonal Time Bomb has hit them, and taken a toll. I wonder if she was always overweight, or if that's a sign of age.

I don't think hiding in plain sight would work. I don't have a TV, but her photo is probably all over the media. And if not, I would think it's definitely all over the national LE info networks. And hiding in plain sight, you never know of some upstanding citizen might spot her and want to do the right thing, be the person with the tip that results in an arrest. It would be highly chancy. Though I do understand the rationale, that sometimes the boldest, gutsiest strategy can have a hope of working, simply because it's the last thing anyone expects.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:34 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was wondering the same thing. She looks like she's in her 20's-30's in that photo. Though some women in their early 50's retain a youthful look, by 56 the chances that the Great Hormonal Time Bomb has hit them, and taken a toll. I wonder if she was always overweight, or if that's a sign of age.

I don't think hiding in plain sight would work. I don't have a TV, but her photo is probably all over the media. And if not, I would think it's definitely all over the national LE info networks. And hiding in plain sight, you never know of some upstanding citizen might spot her and want to do the right thing, be the person with the tip that results in an arrest. It would be highly chancy. Though I do understand the rationale, that sometimes the boldest, gutsiest strategy can have a hope of working, simply because it's the last thing anyone expects.
Again...if it were me, I know I wouldn't be a blond anymore. I would've died my hair, or bought a wig or two. And him...he's not a bad looking guy. I bet he'd clean up pretty good, and if he wanted to look like a typical tourist, put on a Hawaiian shirt, some shorts, socks with sandals...and voila, you're the typical tourist which anyone in the service industry sees dozens of on any typical day. They see...but they don't OBSERVE.

I just think...pick a town where you get lots of international people, a large service industry...it'd be easy to blend in, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events