Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 05:16 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,930,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Casey reportedly grew up hunting and fishing; doesn't take much "survivalism" to survive in an RV or old cabin. But maybe she didn't like roughing it and insisted on a hotel room!
That's what I figured too, that she wouldn't be up to roughing it; that's why I mentioned the vacation rental, but then Metlakatla brought up how you can't really rent one "anonymously" like with a pre-paid credit card like I thought.

But yeah, that was really dumb staying in a motel. I mean, they've got to realize there's cameras everywhere and that the whole country is on the lookout for them, right? You're not going to get far if you hang around civilization, unless you put on a disguise (and that's risking it too). But the guy was just walking around in the car wash footage, didn't look like he was concerned about being caught at all (I guess his tattoos were visible, I couldn't quite make them out).

Well, not sure if Casey will talk about what happened. We'll never know for sure her side of the story, but then we may not have anyway even if she did live.

I'm missing how they got the Cadillac too--so they did take it from the car wash when it's owner dropped off the keys? (Like SB was asking). And then also how did they get that truck? I missed that post as well. (And does anyone know why they abandoned it in the car wash? To try to throw people off their trail?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 05:49 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,233,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
If you are running for your life why do you stop at a car wash to wash your truck???
They don't catch the smart ones. LOL

Old 05-10-2022, 05:53 AM

5,459 posts, read 6,061,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
If you are running for your life why do you stop at a car wash to wash your truck???
Everyone knows if you wash your vehicle it is faster and Casey knew he may, at some point, need that speed to elude a police chase.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:12 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,081,380 times
So I wonder in her thought process 10 days back if she really thought this plan would actually work or she would be dead from suicide shortly?

The guy literally had nothing to lose by going on this adventure, she lost everything even her life.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:25 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
inflicted shot...perhaps.
By him I surmise though.
I don't know. I suspect she did inded shoot herself. I think the police would have told us if they suspected otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Well, not sure if Casey will talk about what happened. We'll never know for sure her side of the story, but then we may not have anyway even if she did live.
He has a tendency to talk. He admitted to a murder out of nowhere. Sometimes criminals like the power f knowingsomething no one else does. Sometimes they like being the center of attention and blabbing. I think he is the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I'm missing how they got the Cadillac too--so they did take it from the car wash when it's owner dropped off the keys? (Like SB was asking). And then also how did they get that truck? I missed that post as well. (And does anyone know why they abandoned it in the car wash? To try to throw people off their trail?).
They apparently stole the truck when the Ford Edge broke down near Nashville. He then left it at the car wash and stole the Caddy. I'm not sure where the Caddy was.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:35 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teradata View Post
Not many can "live off the land". Just TV fantasy. Most examples are people holed up in a cabin and getting resupplied. The women looked like she had been living off of frozen pizzas and big macs. Anyways I have a feeling big guy was just thinking he was on vacation from jail and would eventually get caught anyways. So just stay in hotel.
In this case, they couldn't live in a motel room either.

They had to know their faces were plastered all over the news and internet. Cops and the entire public were out to get them, so they decide to go wash their vehicle? Makes no sense.

Did the cops giving chase not hear the gunshot that killed Vicky? The timing of that could be crucial. Very odd, if you ask me.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:01 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Correctng myself. They did not steal that truck when the Edge broke down according to law enforcement.

Quote:
"When we located the orange Ford Edge our investigators were able to determine that Casey and Vicky purchased another vehicle out of Tennessee," Hunt said.
Casey White called corrections officer Vicky White his 'wife' when apprehended

Old 05-10-2022, 07:15 AM

Good job by the police department.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:03 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Admit it -- you're just mad that it didn't end in CO.
That's funny because it's kinda true, lol. I'm a little offended. Like what self-respecting fugitive doesn't wind up being apprehended in Colorado?

Now I can't find the article I read the other day where Casey's mom was interviewed. She said Casey didn't actually kill Connie Ridgeway, the reason he voluntarily confessed; was because he knew they'd have to transfer him to Vicky's facility, due to a warrant.

Of course a lot of moms claim their sons are innocent but in this case, I can see why he would confess. Vicky couldn't have sprung him from another jurisdiction's facility, only her's. And to get into her's, he'd have to confess to a crime committed in her jurisdiction. And he's thinking it doesn't matter if he confesses, because he'd be long gone before the trial.

How ironic would that be, if he actually IS innocent, confesses, escapes, gets caught & then gets found guilty due to his confession? Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That's funny because it's kinda true, lol. I'm a little offended. Like what self-respecting fugitive doesn't wind up being apprehended in Colorado?

Now I can't find the article I read the other day where Casey's mom was interviewed. She said Casey didn't actually kill Connie Ridgeway, the reason he voluntarily confessed; was because he knew they'd have to transfer him to Vicky's facility, due to a warrant.

Of course a lot of moms claim their sons are innocent but in this case, I can see why he would confess. Vicky couldn't have sprung him from another jurisdiction's facility, only her's. And to get into her's, he'd have to confess to a crime committed in her jurisdiction. And he's thinking it doesn't matter if he confesses, because he'd be long gone before the trial.

How ironic would that be, if he actually IS innocent, confesses, escapes, gets caught & then gets found guilty due to his confession? Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one.
What?! Man, I can't even keep up with all these details.
If you find that video, please post it for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events