Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 07:23 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,166,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Not picking on you, just saying that I am sure she was aware of how she was seen, even before she eloped with her inmate. Most unatttractive people know the score without that being even explicitly told to them, and most -- that I've known -- don't exactly just acccept themselves for how unattractive they are and are happy with what Mother Nature dished them. Most of the unattractive women I've known were very desperate for love, even in their 20's, having experienced a lot of rejection and ridicule.
No worries! I didn't think she was "unattractive", just a normal, average 60ish year old. What bothered me was that they used a photo that didn't even look like her. I'm wondering why? I already posted that I really thought she was younger than casey. After seeing the real pics I don't think that, but omg, he's in his 30's? Never would have thought that! He looks the same age as her real photo's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 07:41 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,166,834 times
Also, the footage the capture. Embarrassing. He was already caught, but they kept showing up, wasting resources.

https://youtu.be/Y0FPWDJ-ynQ

Old 05-10-2022, 08:28 PM

15,715 posts, read 9,573,354 times
It would have been more embarrassing if they had not caught them after they had set up base in Evansville for almost a week

Old 05-10-2022, 08:36 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,943,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think you can blame the car wash owner for this. Idk who "they" is who are saying that he might have shot her beyond the usual amateur sleuths.

https://www.wevv.com/news/press-conf...b65ca058a.html
Oh, sorry, it was in an article (that's who the "they" is. I was probably in a rush before work or on a break during when I posted that).

Old 05-10-2022, 09:26 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,626,283 times
Quote:
See my post above.

I'm sure she felt the sting of being seen as a 'dog' well before she became the focus of national social media comments. That's how we humans roll. We are sadly that way, for the most part.

Being liked by colleagues and having good job benefits is not exactly a source of deep personal satisfaction. I'm not saying it justifies what she did, just that I don't find her motives as unfathomable as most do. The ex-husband's death in January I'm sure played a part, too. Anyway.
I don't agree that she was all that unattractive but it seems that if a women isn't a beauty queen and simply average, she is a "dog." It is sad if she was that desperate for love.

Last edited by Maddie104; 05-10-2022 at 09:36 PM..

Old 05-10-2022, 11:04 PM

15,715 posts, read 9,573,354 times
The coroner has confirmed that Vicky White's death was a suicide. As mentioned up thread, the two were prepared to suicide by cop in a shootout.

Quote:
The pair had a cache of weapon — four handguns, and several semiautomatic weapons, including an AR-15 — according to Vanderburgh County, Indiana, Sheriff Dave Wedding.

After his arrest Monday, Casey White “said that he was probably going to have a shootout at the stake of both of them losing their lives,” Wedding said.
Vicky White, ex- corrections officer accused of helping Alabama inmate escape, died by suicide, coroner says

Old 05-10-2022, 11:08 PM

12,332 posts, read 17,183,752 times
Quote:
I don't think so, either, but then I know what an ugly nightmare a physically attractive person with zero character can be. But I'm an old duck who's lost a lot of her youthful attractiveness too.

If you hang out in life (and social media, haha) long enough, you see how stupid, shallow and ugly people can be about another person's looks. In other forums on this website, not on this topic, people (especially men -- sorry guys, but it's true) drop all manner of comment about tight this, young that, etc. It's how we roll, for the most part. I imagine Vicky W was mostly invisible to almost everyone she came in contact with in her daily life. Her ex needed her as he was dying of Parkinson's, and then even that got taken away from her when he died.
I agree, and posted on this thread that she could have lived a good life if not for this whole caper. She would have retired with a nice pension, had free time to go out, travel and would have almost 100% found somone. Theres millions of lonely people, of all shapes, looks and ages. Most can meet somone if they dont have an awful personality. She could have built a new network of friends, hobbies etc also.

I guess my point im trying to make rambling at this late hour is that she had a good foundation already, and resources to do anything but sit at home for the rest of her life. The thug certainly knew how to play her though, and while shes certainly responsible for this it just shows how lonliness can lead to very bad choices. Most of us im sure have gotten involved with someone we had doubts about, and stayed in thier company perhaps too long.

I did this at least twice in my life myself. Took a long time to mostly forget those two.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:15 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,544,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You just have to wonder how in the heck these 2 idiots decided that washing the car was a higher priority than staying out of sight given the nationwide hunt for them.
Exactly. Forget the fact that this Sasquatch stands out. I mean obviously she didn’t realistically think through any long term plans. Even if they were able to go into hiding, did she really think this guy was going to live with her the rest of their lives in a single family home with a white picket fence?

Old 05-10-2022, 11:21 PM

22,146 posts, read 13,173,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I agree. She owned her own home and had a "career" job with, what sounds like, really good benefits.
So, a good job and benefits are all a woman wants or needs from life? Or a man, for that matter? Count me as another who isn't surprised by what she did. Although I doubt if the ex-husband's recent death had anything to do with it since he was an ex-husband and the two Whites had been fooling around for the past two years.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:49 PM

24,831 posts, read 9,600,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It would have been more embarrassing if they had not caught them after they had set up base in Evansville for almost a week
They got caught only when the car wash owner spotted them. Who knows how long they would've lasted if that doesn't happen, I'm guessing another week

Report says they paid a local man to book the hotel room under his name.
Quote:
Casey and Vicky White were aided by a local man who checked them into the motel in Evansville, Indiana, where the couple planned to lay low for two weeks, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-days-run.html

Quote:
I'm surprised by why people are so surprised by what she did. Can't get no love or comfort from an empty house and good job benefits. Come to think of it, it can be a living death. Maybe that's how she saw it.
No excuse. Clearly she never watched 90 day fiance. A trip to the Caribbean or Brazil and she could've easily found a lifelong companion, legally. Just because you don't meet the standards of western beauty/attraction, doesn't mean those same standards would be applied to you in a different country. (she had plenty of money and was a few days from her pension) Watch the show, you'll see plenty of female "whales with young hunks" because they had the mindfulness to look outside the country.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-10-2022 at 11:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events