Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 10:37 AM

51,175 posts, read 36,873,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Or he's angling for her pension.
Without being married, there is no way to "angle" for someone's pension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 10:41 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,626,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
I see that you're invested in seeing the worst ugly human motives, but no. She lost her pension by her act of aiding an inmate escape, a fact I am sure she was aware of (not to mention, publicized nationally). Here's a headline to that effect in case you missed it: https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/vick...riff-says.html
I do not base anything on headline news. I am not invested in anything other than the factual information of the pension plan. As I have said, I do not know his state of mind given that he is a murderer. But no he does not get any empathy from me. As for the worst ugly human motives:

White's criminal history dates back a decade. Court documents alleged he beat his brother in the face and head with an axe-sledgehammer handle, landing him in prison in 2012 for more than three years.
Then in 2015, he carried out a crime spree including a home invasion, carjacking and a police chase, according to the Marshals Service. In March 2016, he was indicted on 15 counts and was ultimately convicted on seven of those counts, including attempted murder and robbery, according to Alabama records. He had been serving a 75-year prison sentence on those charges.
According to the Marshals Service, White allegedly threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend and her sister in 2015 if he got out of prison and said he wanted the police to kill him. The agency said it advised his "potential targets" of the threat after his escape and had taken protective actions.

Josh Goan was one of the victims in the 2015 case. He said White broke into his truck, stole his firearm and then used the firearm to carjack his neighbor and the neighbor's infant baby. Goan was a witness in the trial and told CNN it was a surreal experience to see how little remorse White had.

But in 2020, he allegedly confessed to the 2015 stabbing death of 59-year-old Connie Ridgeway and was charged with two counts of capital murder. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity and was brought to the Lauderdale County's detention center to attend court hearings in the case, authorities said.
There, he came into contact with Vicky White, who was working as the assistant director of corrections for Lauderdale County.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/09/us/ca...unt/index.html

Old 05-12-2022, 10:45 AM

5,738 posts, read 3,234,293 times
Quote:
Unless you are knowledgable about the pension plan provisions, no way to know for sure. There are things like vesting, spousal benefit, beneficiaries. According to reports, she completed her pension paperwork. She was not convicted of anything so nothing is certain. I wouldn't presume to know his state of mind especially a murderer and we don't know what he thinks he might be entitled to.
You haven't been keeping up. She only turned in her paperwork the day before she and Casey took off. It wasn't enough time for the paperwork to be processed, and then she was promptly fired.

There is no pension.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:45 AM

329 posts, read 227,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
No mention of children.
Apparently, it's Casey who has children, according to a short mention in the story below:

http://www.al.com/news/2022/05/casey...yer-fears.html

Old 05-12-2022, 10:50 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,167,337 times
Quote:
I have administered many pension plans and I repeat unless you have read this pension plan, you do not know. Just because someone is terminated does not mean they and/or the beneficiaries are not entitled to a pension. That is called a vested benefit. Many government pension plans are contributory and you are 100% vested in your own contributions. Some plans pay a death benefit. Get back to me after you have read the plan.
My guess is it would be split between her parents. Since she is dead (not going to serve jail time) I don't see how they could take back any personal contributions before her official fired date. I wonder if they could "bill" her employers previous contributions for the tax payers cost of the manhunt?

I would be very interested if a death benefit was payed out and by who. She could also have others that are not through her employer.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:53 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 14 days ago)

16,121 posts, read 21,267,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
I see that you're invested in seeing the worst ugly human motives, but no. She lost her pension by her act of aiding an inmate escape, a fact I am sure she was aware of (not to mention, publicized nationally). Here's a headline to that effect in case you missed it: https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/vick...riff-says.html

I stand by my other points made, including the fact that the entire state of Alabama would burn down first before Casey W saw any pension money.
Says she lost her state funded contributions, how about her own contributions, don't those remain hers?

Old 05-12-2022, 10:56 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,626,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
You haven't been keeping up. She only turned in her paperwork the day before she and Casey took off. It wasn't enough time for the paperwork to be processed, and then she was promptly fired.

There is no pension.
Please reference provisions of the plan that allow you to come to this conclusion.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Says she lost her state funded contributions, how about her own contributions, don't those remain hers?
How does any of this matter? Without being married he would have no claim to her pension.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:00 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,167,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
How does any of this matter? Without being married he would have no claim to her pension.
He wouldn't but her parents would.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
He wouldn't but her parents would.
It depends. When my mother died her pension ended. But the conversation here began when someone said Casey might have been “angling for her pension”. It’s not possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events