Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 10:21 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There are lots and lots of products using the contaminated peanuts.

The list is growing each day....Reese's is still safe as of today
Rich's peanut butter cups got recalled.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-m...-safety-alerts
Yes, I know other smaller brands contract peanut butter for their products through the factory that produces the JIF peanut butter in Lexington Kentucky. However, Hershey is not one of the company's using peanut butter made by Smuckers. Hershey has their own facilities in Hershey, PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 05:38 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
The costco here is fully stocked with baby formula. One of my friends hasn't had any problem getting hers from target. There were 3 choices for pb but not the regular jif. That place was a mad house today. They were almost out of water too.
when is it not a madhouse other than right before closing

Old 06-08-2022, 05:42 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, I know other smaller brands contract peanut butter for their products through the factory that produces the JIF peanut butter in Lexington Kentucky. However, Hershey is not one of the company's using peanut butter made by Smuckers. Hershey has their own facilities in Hershey, PA.
this is what happens with monopoly corporations

Old 06-10-2022, 02:54 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,151,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
when is it not a madhouse other than right before closing
I don't know. My ex always did the food shopping so I only recently started having to go there myself. I have since been told that lunchtime "ish" is the worst because people go to eat all the free food, lol. Also after school because people bring all their kids.

Old 06-10-2022, 09:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
this is what happens with monopoly corporations
Whose a monopoly? No company has a monopoly on peanut butter or candy. I can go to the store and choose from dozens of peanut butter brands. Same with candy. A monopoly would be if JIF was the only company allowed to make peanut butter or if Hershey was the only company making candy. Neither of those statements is true.

Smaller companies using a larger companies resources is also not a monopoly. They're free to contract with any company they want. No one forced them to get their peanut butter from JIF.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:33 AM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I've been using JIF peanut butter as bait on my mouse-traps in the garage. I noticed they managed to snatch the peanut butter on a couple without springing the traps.
Hopefully their celebration is short-lived if that peanut butter had salmonella.
If you have traps with the fully metal triggering-mechanism, you can adjust it to make it
a hair-trigger by flattening-out the latch portion of the trigger.

The trap will be harder to set, and may go off if the the floor shakes, but the chances of a mouse setting it off are a lot higher.

Jif should be fine for mouse-traps, they are supposed to be neutralized anyway! ☺

Old 10-16-2022, 10:42 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
Just panicked! Thought this was a new thread.

Old 10-18-2022, 03:00 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Just panicked! Thought this was a new thread.
I’m a Skippy girl, lol.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:41 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
I've put much Jif peanut butter on pinecones on branches for the local chipmunkies. They still look Happy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events