Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

good morning everyone
sorry I am so late I slept till 7
then had to iron yup dragged it out of the closet so I could make sure hubby looked "spiffy" for his interview today

he just left so I am now feeding the "herd"

I told hubby to take the Acura lol so he won't get covered with lola fur so maybe I will take a wog over to feed & let chaos out

ok found out this morning that Karla jr is afraid of the smoke detector when it beeps that the battery is low
poor thing hubby said "whats wrong with your dog she is shaking" then I heard the beep , she keeps running around trying to avoid the beep
looks like I will be dragging out the ladder

so whats on your plate for today ? want me to put some of the left over key lime pie on it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 07:11 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,618 times
Yes! I love key lime pie and that is my favorite flavor of yogurt.
Good morning!
Bella is terrified of the smoke detector and the "battery low" beeping. The last couple of times I seared Salmon, it set the alarm off, so now when I start cooking anything that sizzles she runs up stairs trembling.
I have been going to the gym in the afternoon the last couple of days and it has been crowded, which for some reason energizes me... so will head to the gym this afternoon for cardio and weights.
Mr. tlb and I will have lunch together, I have some cleaning to do and once we decide what we will do for Easter, possibly some grocery shopping.
Hope Mr. Karla's interview goes well, Song hears some good news about the inspection, Charley's knee feels better and that everyone has a great Friday!
Oh, and I completely forgot to say Happy Birthday to Jeannie's son!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Nice to know I do not have the only chicken dog! Shadow is afraid of the smoke detector. Can anyone tell me why the battery only gets low in the middle of the night?

It is a gorgeous morning here. We just got back from a walk around the golf course. The big 'ol hootie owl watched us.

Karla, key lime pie? Blech! I thought you didn't eat anything green.....

Doodly squat going on today, but we are heading to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow. It has been a few years since the last time we went, so all of that over priced junk will look new & different to me.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:15 AM

adding my birthday wishes to your son jeannie !!!!
I would start singing but lol dont want to scare the dogs

It is chaos's daddys bday today
I wanted to go get a birthday hat and take a picture of chaos wearing it but lol I just know he would eat it
he was very frisky when I went over today to feed him

lol evey key lime pie is a good green hmmm i think i need some for breakfast
I have been in a couple renaissance festivals with the greyhounds did you know back then that only noblemen were allowed to have greyhounds. so a couple groups had asked us to bring the dogs to be part of the parade and of course since we were walking them they dressed us up !!!!
lol I wish I had a scanner so I could share the 2 karla's dressed up !!!

well it has been an hour and no call from hubby yet so he must still be in the interview which I hope means it is going well

well I better jump in the shower hubby & are are meeting friends for lunch and I doubt they want me covered with chaos paw prints

I think we need to maybe make tomorrow
"Play Day" what do you think !!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,183,067 times
Good morning everyone...like karla, I was running late today too so I couldn't get to the gym this morning but I plan on going early tomorrow morning to start my day off right.

Karla - save a piece of the keylime pie for my hubby! LOL...that's one of his favorites.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 851,103 times
Hi all! We are back early from our camping trip to the desert. It was a great time until the wind kicked up and made it so miserable that you couldn't sit outside and enjoy the campfire without getting blasted with ashes. My poor brother was in a tent trailer and he thought the whole thing was going to come apart at the seams. We did manage to have fun the first couple of days and I did get some exercise in, hiking around Red Rock Canyon, so pretty and interesting. So today is all about unpacking and cleaning the van and getting ready for work this weekend.

Happy Friday to all!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
Hi all,
I did water aerobics this morning. Good workout. This instructor is starting to pump things up some and I like that. I've got to work on the Tues. and Wed. instructor now.
Karla, good luck with Mr. Karla in his interview. Also thanks for asking your friend in San Antonio some good workout places.
Jeannie, a late birthday wish for your son.
Charley, try some glucosamine for that knee. It takes a few weeks to kick in but it works.
RaceLady, have fun at the Ren. faire.
Everyone have a great day.
Haven't heard any news yet on house inspection.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Isn't mint chocolate chip ice cream green too?
The last time I was changing the batteries in our smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector, and scaring the bejesus out of our cat, I realized that animals are so frightened by the sound of them going off, they go and hide, and if there actually was a fire most people I know would try to get their pets out (even though they say not to).
It's too bad there isn't a noise level that humans can hear that animals can't, where these alarms could be set to that pitch(?). Just a thought.
Anyway, it's starting to snow witha vengeance, so it looks like there might be more shoveling in my forecast. But, I worked out and now it's time for my favorite kind of shoveling-that of food into my mouth! Have a good Good Friday, everybody!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:04 PM

hey all
mr karla says thanks for all the interview good wishes

well the interview was 2 hours !!!
he said he thought it went really well other hiring manage came in midway through and for the next hour they just talked about programing,darn so sorry I missed that interesting conversation
and they asked him what he did in his spare time and they also talked about salary and vacation and how they like to do second interviews
that says to me that once they realized he has the technical ability they were looking to see how he would "fit in"

he was really impressed with the company and the managers he met with.
now we are the waiting to hear the feed back form the recruiter.
had a great lunch with a couple friends

song my friend said she really likes "life time fitness"

wow fuzzy snow !!! and I was just thinking i need to mow again this weekend

I guess i could go out and mow this afternoon but after the huge bacon cheeseburger lunch i see a nap lol

ok going over to let chaos out and run around with him lol that counts doesn't it

Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hi, all.

Glad to hear Mr. Karla feels good about his interviews. HB wishes (late) to Jeannie's son. Welcome back, JnR. Ick! Key lime pie. Gimme coconut cream, please.

I fell back to sleep this morning, just before I was supposed to get up to go to the gym, so you know that Lazy Susan drugged me. DH and I drove down to Gulf Coast Town Centre and walked all over that mall this morning/afternoon. Tried to get into Red Robin for a 'burger, but there was quite the line and DH didn't like the prices. (He thinks going out to dinner is Ponderosa Steak House - gotta love him!) So we drove a bit, found a KFC AYCE buffet. Not too healthy, but we'll be skipping supper since we ate at 2.

Our kitties don't like the high pitch of the smoke alarm either. And you know what? Neither do I!

Have a great Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals