Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:51 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,187,753 times

Advertisements

song thats great tell your mom she has all of us cheering her on !!!!

hmm not sure if I could climb 6 flights I don't think I go anywhere that there is more than 1 flight
though now I will have to go find out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,309,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I talked to my mom and I've got to say that I am proud of her.
I don't think she has that much weight to lose but her problem is her stomach and she's trying to shrink it down.
Anyway, she works in a building with 11 flights of steps. She works on the 10th floor. She's now climbing 6 flights of steps daily. She used to huff and puff climbing just 1 set of steps.
I don't think her weight is a big issue but her fitness level can stand a huge improvement and I bugged her some about that when I was living in San Antonio briefly.
She's 68 and would not do anything where she had to get on the floor like yoga because she had a hard time getting up off the floor. I told her she needed to try to work on that and focus more on fitness than her stomach.
I wanted to post this just to say that I'm proud of her for making an effort to do something now and climbing 6 flights of steps daily to me is great. She didn't seem to think that was of much importance before but now she's trying and I'm proud of her.

Thanks for sharing that, song. It's a very nice post. Congrats to your mom. She's come a long way.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:18 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,380,168 times
Song ... hook her up with CDF and she can put us all to shame! Hey, a little more motivation ... whhtissh

Been doing some gardening at my Aunts house. Came home with a bunch more Hostas so I ended up doing some gardening at my house!

The rain decided to bypass us. Sprinklers are on again. Oh well.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,387,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
song thats great tell your mom she has all of us cheering her on !!!!

hmm not sure if I could climb 6 flights I don't think I go anywhere that there is more than 1 flight
though now I will have to go find out
I can climb 6 flights of stairs but I'm sure I'd be puffing some. I can tell by climbing some of these hills here. Whew!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:23 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,387,561 times
Thanks for the cheers for my mom everyone.
I've tried to get her to sign up on CD and she won't do it. Maybe someday she will.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:55 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,309,223 times
Let her lurk for a bit, she'll see how much fun we can be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals