Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,154,463 times

Advertisements

lol I had to do the last day !!!!

good morning everyone
Yay it is the weekend !!!!

yesterday was fun mawipafl brought her daughter and we walked all over target
I bought a new rug for the foyer

then we went and had pizza !!!!! and some great conversation

the "rain " they were calling for ended up being a drizzle the "big rain" was north and south of us again lol
maybe today will be the big rain day they are again saying 50%

So anyone have any big plans for today ?

we don't so far but I want to think of some since I don't want to just sit around all day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 AM

update
mawipafl just called she is going to bring her "puppy" over and we are going to take all 3 dogs walking

Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,287,101 times
Sounds like fun, Karla. Enjoy.

We got your rain last night. According to the weather guy on Channel 7 down here, we weren't supposed to get any rain. It was all supposed to be east of I-75 and we're west. We got a nice storm last evening which lasted quite a while for us- maybe an hour. Anyway, it keeps everything nice and green and I like when it doesn't interfere with my pool time.

Did not sleep well last night. Still got up and got on my bike, but I could only squeeze out 30 min. instead of my usual 40-50. OH, well. I did some. Hey, you have to admit, I haven't skipped any days for about 2 months now. Lazy Susan is gone for good! At least till next week when I head north.

Have a great Saturday, folks. Not sure what we're doing yet, but I hope you enjoy yours.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:50 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,265,426 times
Morning peeps!

Phew! It is hot out already! Poor Shadow was bound & determined to walk all the way around the block this morning. She drank 2 full bottles of water, but she made it. After all of the exercise we got at the beach yesterday I was surprised that she had so much in her this morning.

We avoid the beach on the weekends, so we will probably hit the dog park this afternoon.

No plans here, either.

Wonder how Rach is enjoying the hot in Orlando? Bet she has eaten way too much & walked way to much & bought way too many things with mouse ears on them........

Old 06-28-2008, 08:00 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,371,106 times
Well we got rain lastnight and it's been raining on and off all morning. It's cooled us right down into the 60's. I like the rain though.

Not sure what we're doing today. Got a few projects around the house that I needed the hubsters help with. No brains just muscle!

Heading out soon to walk the pooches.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 AM

well lol
Ralph had to go back in the house he was barking like a crazy dog
so mawipafl owen lola and I did 2 miles
then she brought owen in and after a few minutes of lets bark everyone got along great
hopefully now that ralph knows him we can try the walking thing again

we want to take everyone to the beach one morning
lol lots of birds for ralph to bark at

lol you all got our rain !!!
when you saw the radar we were in the one clear path

Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 851,730 times
Good morning! Not sure what the day holds for us, we may end up having company but that has not been finalized yet. He is a great friend so no need to pre-plan having him here. I think we even have some of his favorite beer from last time he was here! LOL

I did my morning lower back stretches, felt so good to limber up. Am thinking about going for a walk while it is still cool outside. And need to water all the plants, which takes quite a while.

Oh yeah, I think we will head down to farmer's market this morning. Hubby wants to can jalapenos and garlic so we are in search of fresh jalapenos.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,363,621 times
Hi all,
Doing some unpacking and cleaning this morning.
May go to the Ren Faire today or maybe tomorrow. I may be lazy today and do nothing much.
You all have a great day.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:30 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,363,621 times
I talked to my mom and I've got to say that I am proud of her.
I don't think she has that much weight to lose but her problem is her stomach and she's trying to shrink it down.
Anyway, she works in a building with 11 flights of steps. She works on the 10th floor. She's now climbing 6 flights of steps daily. She used to huff and puff climbing just 1 set of steps.
I don't think her weight is a big issue but her fitness level can stand a huge improvement and I bugged her some about that when I was living in San Antonio briefly.
She's 68 and would not do anything where she had to get on the floor like yoga because she had a hard time getting up off the floor. I told her she needed to try to work on that and focus more on fitness than her stomach.
I wanted to post this just to say that I'm proud of her for making an effort to do something now and climbing 6 flights of steps daily to me is great. She didn't seem to think that was of much importance before but now she's trying and I'm proud of her.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,552,018 times
Hello everybody! Well, I got up and dh was sitting on the couch wtching something stupid on tv, as usual, so I didn't work out-I don't when he's here.

Talk about storms-oh we got one last night, there was so much lightening, I was kind of shutting the windows between flashes of it, jumping back, yowza-my poor cat was hunkered down under the couch all night, I think, til she was up head butting me this morning-the birds wake her up and it is time to EAT!!! Then it stormed a little bit a while ago, but it warmed right back up to 'bad hair day' status.

Have fun today everyone-they're having the Freedom Celebration/Fourth of July fireworks and stuff this weekend in our little burg/burgship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals