Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 10:37 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times

Advertisements

This whole thread is confounding - the OP entitles it her battle with activism causes and then proceeds to discuss her battle for activism causes.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:11 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
Are you showering with distilled or "purified" water too? Cause, according to all these crackpot conspiracy anti-fluoride conspiracy websites, fluoride can absorb through the skin too.

(pro-tip - there's no data on absorption of fluoride through the skin but it's known that the fluoride ion itself does not pass through skin. If the conspiracy websites are wrong about THAT - kinda have to wonder what else they're wrong about.)
$100 Shower Filters every 4 to 6 months. Atopic Dermatitis. Something coming into contact with skin. Hives. Been there, done that. Moved. Problem solved. Drinking Bottled Water is nothing in comparison. Lot cheaper.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:42 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
$100 Shower Filters every 4 to 6 months. Atopic Dermatitis. Something coming into contact with skin. Hives. Been there, done that. Moved. Problem solved. Drinking Bottled Water is nothing in comparison. Lot cheaper.
How do you know the "something" was fluoride? Do you have the same problems if you are exposed to ocean water, which has about the same amount of fluoride as treated tap water? I have asked that question several times and you have never answered.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:20 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
Are you showering with distilled or "purified" water too? Cause, according to all these crackpot conspiracy anti-fluoride conspiracy websites, fluoride can absorb through the skin too.

(pro-tip - there's no data on absorption of fluoride through the skin but it's known that the fluoride ion itself does not pass through skin. If the conspiracy websites are wrong about THAT - kinda have to wonder what else they're wrong about.)
No, I don't use distilled water to shower in. Our town fluoridates at a rate lower than national standards.

Why the silly question? Are you mocking the fact that I don't want my family drinking extra fluoride all day?

I've been doing this most of my adult life. It hasn't hurt us, maybe it has helped because none of us have any health issues.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How do you know the "something" was fluoride? Do you have the same problems if you are exposed to ocean water, which has about the same amount of fluoride as treated tap water? I have asked that question several times and you have never answered.
Why do you keep asking? She had hives, she made a change and the hives went away. Good for her.

Maybe it was the build up of using/ingesting the fluoridated water constantly. You want her to sit in the ocean and drink the water for a month or so? And have doctors and scientists run a study and publish it online?

Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes I'm sure there is loads of fluoride in ocean waters but how many of us spend our lives in the ocean? I live a short distance from the cold Pacific and spent very very little time in the water in my 50+ yrs here....why go to the ocean issue? Ocean waters are SALTY. We in CA live in a drought condition most of the years and can't use ocean waters for consumption. That is why a couple distillation plants have been built. If we all could only consume our ocean waters,,,,

Let people do what they feel is best and leave it alone for them...everyone do what they want to do. What is the gain to continue to argue the issue.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-05-2017 at 10:39 AM..

Old 12-05-2017, 01:50 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Totally hysterical bordering on absurd. I lived on Long ISLAND for almost 30 years. Took far more showers in unfluoridated water than swimming in the the ocean. Same for Florida; more fluoridated showers in 10 years than swimming in the ocean. Sorry GULF. lol Ah, maybe the difference?

Only medical professionals can diagnose the cause of Atopic Dermatitis? I've lived in 3 different states. No hives in two unfluoridated areas in different states, but hives one fluroidated area (Naples, Florida)?

Impossible to reach a conclusion based on this; 3 states over a 30 year time span? It ain't Rocket Science.

I have extreme sensitives to bleach, chlorine in pools, anti-bacterial washes, hand sanitizers, and latex gloves. Not diagnosed by a medical professional!!! But when you are wear latex gloves and use hand sanitizer every day and your hands start bleeding do you really need a medical diagnosis? Of course, fluoride in your shower water would not cause any problems!!!!!!

With all of this, showering in fluoride water needs a medical professional to determine cause of hives?

Last edited by Jo48; 12-05-2017 at 02:10 PM..

Old 12-05-2017, 05:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Jo: Just thinking I was on a FM/CFS health group for years and the head moderator was from FL and she talked about how allergic she was to fluoride.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
With all of this, showering in fluoride water needs a medical professional to determine cause of hives?
There was absolutely nothing else in the water except fluoride?

Old 12-05-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes I'm sure there is loads of fluoride in ocean waters but how many of us spend our lives in the ocean? I live a short distance from the cold Pacific and spent very very little time in the water in my 50+ yrs here....why go to the ocean issue? Ocean waters are SALTY. We in CA live in a drought condition most of the years and can't use ocean waters for consumption. That is why a couple distillation plants have been built. If we all could only consume our ocean waters,,,,

Let people do what they feel is best and leave it alone for them...everyone do what they want to do. What is the gain to continue to argue the issue.
The point I was making is that if fluoride is the culprit, contact with seawater should cause the same symptoms as contact with fluoridated tap water.

It is really an extremely simple concept to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals