Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 04:34 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
While you're wielding that very wide brush painting "conventional" MDs as pharmaceutical minions ever out for an opportunity to suck their patients into the money grubbing maelstrom of Big Pharma, my personal experience with the physicians I've had interaction with for a number of years would tend to belie your claims.

1. It's not true at all that physicians can only use prescription forms to provide written instructions to patients, they can use any paper available to them to provide this information. Both my primary doc and cardiologist provide written instructions on the reverse of a paper form printed out with patient intake information ( vital signs, demographic information, etc) that they bring into the room with them to see the patient.

2. My primary doc recommended, since my vitamin D levels have been low, to take a vitamin D supplement, and not only did she not provide a prescription for it (nor did I expect her to do so), she sat with me and figured out the strength I should get, considering the amount of D in the multivitamin supplement I take.

3. My cardiologist has actually decreased the number of prescription drugs I have been taking. We're working on trying to use weight control and exercise to control my hypertension and to decrease the amount of meds I take even further.

So no, they are not all "doing all they can to get in on the action."

But as far as prescriptions for supplements/OTC medications that don't require a prescriotion, any number of patients, especially those on Medicaid, will insist on having a prescription for those items since Medicaid may pay for the prescription and they won't have the expense of buying the items over the counter. But that is a topic for a different forum.
Oh, my. You live in SW Florida and have low Vitamin D levels???? You cannot escape the SUN living in Florida. Believe me, I tried doing that. I got a tan just from walking to and from my CAR every day going to work.

If this doesn't make the case for doctors prescribing too much, nothing will.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:39 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Oh, my. You live in SW Florida and have low Vitamin D levels???? You cannot escape the SUN living in Florida. Believe me, I tried doing that. I got a tan just from walking to and from my CAR every day going to work.

If this doesn't make the case for doctors prescribing too much, nothing will.
I wear sunscreen as recommended when I spend any length of time in the sun, and I really don't spend excess time in the sun as I have red hair and freckles and burn to a crisp with not too much exposure, and I can only imagine my risk for skin cancer.

I saw the lab results, my vitamin D levels were low. Why that might be when one would think the sun is intense enough in FL that a brief walk outside to the mailbox or to the car would expose a body to quite enough UVA and UVB rays to generate all the Vitamin D he/she could ever need or want, I have no idea. But my doctor who showed me those lab results were not lying to me when she told me my vitamin D levels were low.

It seems in your zeal to find any excuse to bash the medical establishment, you missed the section in my post about the vitamin D where I said the doctor did NOT provide a prescription for Vitamin D, she recommended that I take an OTC supplement. She helped me to figure out how much I would need and the strength of the supplement to buy. And I took her recommendation to my local Dollar General store, bought two bottles (a BOGO deal) of Spring Valley brand 1000 IU vitamin D3 gelcaps, 160 in each bottle for a few dollars. That's about a year's supply, and you'll be thrilled to know that neither my doctor nor Big Pharma made anything from my vitamin D purchase, LOL.

Oh, and the last time I checked, tans did not equal vitamin D levels.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:38 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Back to the main issue.

Reading this, to me, sounds like some bribing going on.

Frankford Adds Fluoride to Water, A Final Step in Loan Forgivene - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Old 08-23-2017, 10:53 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Back to the main issue.

Reading this, to me, sounds like some bribing going on.

Frankford Adds Fluoride to Water, A Final Step in Loan Forgivene - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -
Who is bribing who?

Old 08-23-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Who is bribing who?
Did you read the article.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Did you read the article.
Yes. I see no evidence that anyone is offering a bribe to fluoridate water.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Obviously WE see and absorb "everything" differently.

So Frankford will have to conduct a “feasibility study” - but even if the study concludes that adding fluoride is NOT feasible, they have to add it anyway? Or they have to go through the motions of conducting a FAKE feasibility study with foregone conclusion to go on record so it doesn’t look like extortion. And then the debt “might” be forgiven?

Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Once fluoridation is started, I bet it will be impossible to discontinue even if the debt forgiveness doesn’t go through. I bet there’s some fine print they didn’t see.

Fluoridation pushers are corrupt to the core. Alcoa and Mellon were fine tuned brains who started this gross profit making scam decades ago.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:30 PM

Watch this...Jesse Ventura on Fluoride. Love that Jesse for many many reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyQKmIwwC0

Old 09-26-2017, 01:42 PM

Hear it and Weep!!

http://fluoridefreegrandrapids.com/?p=1834#respond

Old 09-26-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Weep about what? Grand Rapids was the first to fluoridate and still fluoridates.

Fluoride in Drinking Water

"In spite of the proven benefits of fluoride in drinking water, the debate on the addition of fluoride is longstanding. Fluoride is considered a poison in large doses but toxic levels cannot be achieved by drinking fluoridated water. Scientists continue to collect data to determine the toxicity of fluoride in drinking water. The amount of fluoride added during the water treatment process is strictly regulated and closely monitored. To date, the quantitative evidence demonstrates that positive benefits of fluoridated water continue to outweigh any suggested negative impacts. As a result, be assured that our current practice of fluoridating water will continue."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals