Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 10:45 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

Today there are over 300million people in this country alone. We have no idea how everyone's teeth are fluoride or not. Some here have talked about how great their teeth are since they got fluoridation, I talk about how bad mine are in my life and I got fluoride for eons in my early life.

I get a sense from many members here those who really like/love fluoride in their public waters also are major pharma advocates. I am not a fluoride advocate and avoid pharma drugs as much as I can. I recently found a list of pharma drugs that are fluoride based. I took Prozac for a short time and that's one of them, the drug did nothing for me. Then there are the Fluoroquinolones which I've read and have mutual friends with so much damage from that class of abx drugs, they are fluoride based. Damage done??

Jo, I never got wisdom teeth and why I do not know. Guess not wise enough....ha

Did my family all get wisdom teeth I have no idea.

How would we all like to be mass medicated with laxatives or anti depressants or pain meds? Maybe I'd go for the pain med mass medication and probably everyone in our country has pain. Just making an example.

I resent the industrial world getting rid of their waste in our public waters.

Naturally occurring fluoride, that is a whole other picture.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Today there are over 300million people in this country alone. We have no idea how everyone's teeth are fluoride or not. Some here have talked about how great their teeth are since they got fluoridation, I talk about how bad mine are in my life and I got fluoride for eons in my early life.

I get a sense from many members here those who really like/love fluoride in their public waters also are major pharma advocates. I am not a fluoride advocate and avoid pharma drugs as much as I can. I recently found a list of pharma drugs that are fluoride based. I took Prozac for a short time and that's one of them, the drug did nothing for me. Then there are the Fluoroquinolones which I've read and have mutual friends with so much damage from that class of abx drugs, they are fluoride based. Damage done??

Jo, I never got wisdom teeth and why I do not know. Guess not wise enough....ha

Did my family all get wisdom teeth I have no idea.

How would we all like to be mass medicated with laxatives or anti depressants or pain meds? Maybe I'd go for the pain med mass medication and probably everyone in our country has pain. Just making an example.

And the main point is:

If you want fluoride, have at it.

If you don't want fluoride in your water you have to make other arrangements to try to avoid it.

Anyway you look at it, it is a MASS drugging of the population. People should be able to CHOOSE if they want it or not.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And the main point is:

If you want fluoride, have at it.

If you don't want fluoride in your water you have to make other arrangements to try to avoid it.

Anyway you look at it, it is a MASS drugging of the population. People should be able to CHOOSE if they want it or not.
For those who have an awareness are working to avoid it, but it's in about everything. All foods are grown in fluoride from naturally occurring and then where the industrial waste fluoride is dumped on the foods.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:44 AM

282 posts, read 232,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Long Island does not fluoridate their water supply; Suffolk County never did and the few towns in Nassau County have removed it decades ago.

My daughter lives in Levittown which removed it in 1983. That is an entire generation which has grown up without fluoride in the water, versus the older generations. Has an analysis ever been done to compare the rates of tooth decay among the generations?

Has an analysis ever been done comparing the rates of tooth decay between NYC (population 8.5 million) which has fluoridated the water supply for 50 years versus LI (population 7.7 million) which has had none for 30 plus years, or never?

My husband and I are the same age and grew up in NYC. We got fluoride in our water for about 20 years. I have terrible teeth and never ate sweets or sugary drinks as a kid. Did not like them. Constantly brushing and going to dentists. My entire family has always had bad teeth, My husband is a sweets fanatic to this day. He said he rarely got a cavity as a kid, or now, and rarely went to the dentist. His family had very good teeth. Fluoride in the water?

Genes play no part whatsoever? You don't inherit your teeth genes from your parents? I can give you a dental genetic factor. My husband never got any wisdom teeth, His Dad never got them either. One of our daughters never got her wisdom teeth. Not genetic?
Genes determine whether or not you have a predisposition to all kinds of things. Environmental factors can trigger those things, or increase the already-existing risk. Also, I don't know how much fluoride is already in the water of those places that don't have it (or had it removed). Remember fluoride is a naturally occurring element found in ground water. If these towns already have sufficient fluoride in the water, then there's no reason for them to add more. I don't know if they do or not though, I'm just saying it's something to consider, before you say "well they didn't add it, therefore it's not a problem."

Old 11-26-2017, 12:32 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

The fluoride in "waste" and "Naturally occurring fluoride" are identical.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The fluoride in "waste" and "Naturally occurring fluoride" are identical.
Except that no one is forcing us to go outside and eat it.

Just that pesky difference. /facepalm/

Old 11-26-2017, 01:59 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Except that no one is forcing us to go outside and eat it.

Just that pesky difference. /facepalm/
Fluorine is ubiquitous. It is the thirteenth most common element in the earth's crust. Fluoride is present in seawater in about the same concentration as in fluoridated water.

No one has to force you to "go outside and eat it".

Old 11-26-2017, 02:10 PM

Unless you drink distilled water, you're getting fluoride in your water. Even then, you're likely getting trace amounts. Fluoride is a naturally occurring element in water. All water has it. Some areas have more than others, but no natural water source is without fluoride.

You are forced to drink it even if you buy spring water. Not because they add it - but because it is one of the elements that occur naturally in water.

I don't know how much clearer anyone can get here.

Water comes with fluoride. You're getting it whether they add it to your watersource or not.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Not really.

You can't argue with someone who is brainwashed.

And you can't argue with someone who has been drinking fluoride.

Thankfully a lot of people are waking up to the fact that it is a toxin. It's why there is a warning on toothpaste NOT TO SWALLOW IT. And to call poison control if swallowed.

But hey, it's perfectly safe to scrub out and absorb all around your mouth as well as drink it in the water supply. And don't forget to buy the kiddies that water with EXTRA fluoride. (eye roll).
You're wrong. Here's the actual FDA wording, from the FDA Code of Federal Regulations title 21:
Quote:
"Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. [highlighted in bold type] If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away."
Underline emphasis mine. It's not possible to swallow more than you would use for brushing, unless you deliberately squeezed the tube into your mouth (or squeezed it into a teaspoon and ate the entire contents, etc. etc.)

If you accidentally swallow the amount used for brushing, you don't need to call anyone at all. The keep out of reach of children thing is because kids do really stupid things, including trying to squeeze tubes of squishy stuff into their mouths.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:40 PM

Yes it comes in water so WHY the need to add the stuff that's been added for decades?

Our town sent us water reports every year with how much "natural" fluoride was in our water and then the "pushers" and yes they are pushers, wined and dined the council members and they got their way with adding the toxin in the bags....Our city pays them about $16K annually to dump that stuff in our water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals