Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 02:57 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

There is plenty of info that fluoridation is NOT preventing tooth decay. I'm not going to post anything on that, there are many links stating this.

And there are many living with pain and constipation in our world. So why not add pain meds and laxatives to the waters....is what I'm saying.... For pain lots of pain meds, for constipation lots of laxatives are sold and used.

I'm not serious about adding more drugs but making a point, I'm not happy about adding the fluoride drug for sure. In case you hadn't noticed.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-14-2017 at 03:10 PM..

Old 08-14-2017, 05:21 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Oh, my. "Preventive Medicine" isn't medical treatment now. News to me as adult WELL over the age of 18. You have no right to TOUCH me without my consent. I believe that is considered Assault.

Disagree, Medical Professionals?

Old 08-14-2017, 05:21 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There is plenty of info that fluoridation is NOT preventing tooth decay. I'm not going to post anything on that, there are many links stating this.

And there are many living with pain and constipation in our world. So why not add pain meds and laxatives to the waters....is what I'm saying.... For pain lots of pain meds, for constipation lots of laxatives are sold and used.

I'm not serious about adding more drugs but making a point, I'm not happy about adding the fluoride drug for sure. In case you hadn't noticed.
Fluoride is not a drug. It is found "naturally" in water in varying amounts.

The evidence that it reduces tooth decay in the small amounts used in drinking water is irrefutable.

http://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/HEALTHY...s/Fluoride.pdf

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0501112855.htm

Old 08-14-2017, 05:43 PM

Fluoride is a drug and has to be given by script from from doc/dentists.

Naturally occurring is in the atmosphere and it's free. Get all the fluoride you want just get out in the rain and lay in it etc ...

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/water.htm

Old 08-14-2017, 05:51 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Fluoride is a drug and has to be given by script from from doc/dentists.

Naturally occurring is in the atmosphere and it's free. Get all the fluoride you want just get out in the rain and lay in it etc ...

Fluoride - The Lunatic Drug
You can get a script for vitamin D, too. Does that mean vitamin D is a drug?

Old 08-14-2017, 05:52 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Do you consider the calcium in your water medication without consent? Or the sodium. Or the chloride (killing the dysentery and cholera). Is that medication without consent.

Or the Vit D added to your cornflakes?

I'm sure Big Conspiracy does, and you seem to be a signed up member of that organization.

BTW "science" is a process and method. Its not a corporation.
My Water Authority adds calcium to the water supply? Must have missed that one when I looked it up. Chloride in the water supply? I know they did that where I used to live, and I bought bottled water. Cannot swim in pools either without the hives. I have that CHOICE same as I can decide I don't want to use these products. Mostly over the years solely from my taste preferences. Sorry, I do not want to drink water that smells like swimming pool water. Gross.

I have never eaten boxed cereals going back to my childhood in the 50's. Gross, and sweet. Yuck. Have never liked milk either. Drink my coffee black unsweetened, and made with bottled water where we used to live.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You can get a script for vitamin D, too. Does that mean vitamin D is a drug?
It's given by script by conventional MD's as this is the only form they can give to patients, a script. D3 is otc and so is D2 for that matter...but so many are so trusting of the docs they take the D2 script. God forbide they tell their patients they can buy otc D3 in low dose to 50K also.

Conventional MD's are writing scripts for Food Based Drugs now and I'm using some Limbrel that my friend says is not helping her, so she gave me 2 weeks worth and it's not doing anything for me either. But it's costly that's for sure. They are doing all they can to get in on the "action"....

Old 08-14-2017, 06:50 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
It's given by script by conventional MD's as this is the only form they can give to patients, a script. D3 is otc and so is D2 for that matter...but so many are so trusting of the docs they take the D2 script. God forbide they tell their patients they can buy otc D3 in low dose to 50K also.

Conventional MD's are writing scripts for Food Based Drugs now and I'm using some Limbrel that my friend says is not helping her, so she gave me 2 weeks worth and it's not doing anything for me either. But it's costly that's for sure. They are doing all they can to get in on the "action"....
You didn't answer Suzy's question....

If you can get a script for Vitamin D DOES THAT MAKE IT A DRUG???

Yes or NO???

Apparently in your mind Fluoride (an element) is a drug because Docs and Dentists are able to write it as a script..

Old 08-15-2017, 12:10 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:

While you're wielding that very wide brush painting "conventional" MDs as pharmaceutical minions ever out for an opportunity to suck their patients into the money grubbing maelstrom of Big Pharma, my personal experience with the physicians I've had interaction with for a number of years would tend to belie your claims.

1. It's not true at all that physicians can only use prescription forms to provide written instructions to patients, they can use any paper available to them to provide this information. Both my primary doc and cardiologist provide written instructions on the reverse of a paper form printed out with patient intake information ( vital signs, demographic information, etc) that they bring into the room with them to see the patient.

2. My primary doc recommended, since my vitamin D levels have been low, to take a vitamin D supplement, and not only did she not provide a prescription for it (nor did I expect her to do so), she sat with me and figured out the strength I should get, considering the amount of D in the multivitamin supplement I take.

3. My cardiologist has actually decreased the number of prescription drugs I have been taking. We're working on trying to use weight control and exercise to control my hypertension and to decrease the amount of meds I take even further.

So no, they are not all "doing all they can to get in on the action."

But as far as prescriptions for supplements/OTC medications that don't require a prescriotion, any number of patients, especially those on Medicaid, will insist on having a prescription for those items since Medicaid may pay for the prescription and they won't have the expense of buying the items over the counter. But that is a topic for a different forum.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:14 PM

Of course, there are exceptions. My integrative MD suggests over the years supplements for me to try. My only meds are thyroid and BP. And yes, a gf is working to get off heart meds that she was put on for afib...she knows she needs to take off weight and her docs remind her every time she sees them. She now believes and I've said this to her afib MAY have come on due to low mag intake. She's now on Dr. Sinatra's protocol for the heart. She wants to reduce those heart meds all she can.
She is realizing side effects. I started this thread about mass fluoridation.

My MD also figured out how much Vit D to take which was 4K daily and then in a couple yrs later all the info came about how important it was for K2 to help D3 absorption. I didn't run back to her, I just started with K2 as I trusted the MD who lectured about it in our town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals