Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 04:06 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It wasn't the chlorine and fluoride, it was the hardness of the water.

Naples, FL Residential Water Solutions | Culligan
"Ladies, it's not your Shampoo but your Water". "Hey, Culligan Man". Saw those commercials all the time in Florida. So tell me why moving from one Hard Water place to another Hard Water place why don't I have the same skin problems? I moved out of Florida to the Pocono Mountains. Our Water District Website says we DO have Hard Water. My skin, and hair, are fine here. My daughter's water on LI is Semi-Hard. Fine there too. The difference in all these places is between fluorinaded/chlorinated water, and NOT.

Chlorine is very easy. Pools; Public and Private, including my own in the past. I KNOW I didn't pee in my own pool. Scratch that. I am fine in the Ocean and Fresh Water Lakes. Do they put Fluoride or Chlorine in the Ocean or Lakes? I would think that Lakes in the Mountains have Hard Water.

Do you really need a Chemistry Degree to figure this out?

Last edited by Jo48; 07-30-2017 at 04:14 PM..

Old 07-30-2017, 04:25 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
My parents bought into the soft water for some time when I still lived there. I don't remember much about it all.

Soft Water vs Hard Water

Old 07-30-2017, 07:12 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
"Ladies, it's not your Shampoo but your Water". "Hey, Culligan Man". Saw those commercials all the time in Florida. So tell me why moving from one Hard Water place to another Hard Water place why don't I have the same skin problems? I moved out of Florida to the Pocono Mountains. Our Water District Website says we DO have Hard Water. My skin, and hair, are fine here. My daughter's water on LI is Semi-Hard. Fine there too. The difference in all these places is between fluorinaded/chlorinated water, and NOT.

Chlorine is very easy. Pools; Public and Private, including my own in the past. I KNOW I didn't pee in my own pool. Scratch that. I am fine in the Ocean and Fresh Water Lakes. Do they put Fluoride or Chlorine in the Ocean or Lakes? I would think that Lakes in the Mountains have Hard Water.

Do you really need a Chemistry Degree to figure this out?
All water does not have the same degree of hardness.

The ocean is full of chlorine. Sodium chloride is what makes it ... salty. Chlorine is actually the most common element in sea water.

Fluorine is fourteenth on this list.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/Urchin/mineral.html

Yes, you could benefit from reading a chemistry book.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
All water does not have the same degree of hardness.

The ocean is full of chlorine. Sodium chloride is what makes it ... salty. Chlorine is actually the most common element in sea water.

Fluorine is fourteenth on this list.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/Urchin/mineral.html

Yes, you could benefit from reading a chemistry book.
The bottom line is that there was a very simple solution which worked, minus medical intervention and drugs.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:25 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, the Naples Water District never asked, or notified, me if I wanted them to Flush the Water System with Chlorine every October. They didn't need to. My kitchen smelled like a Public Swimming Pool turning on the kitchen sink. No choice. Fluoride AND Chlorine. Adding insult to injury. Safe to drink? So go fill up your water bottle in public pool and drink it.
Sorry for your experiences that made you so miserable here in FL, now that you've moved back to Utopia, I'd hope that bitterness would fade over time. Guess time will tell on that one.

And just why would I drink swimming pool water, your suggestion doesn't make much sense. As I mentioned before, our drinking water comes from an artesian well they dug on our property when the house was built.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Sorry for your experiences that made you so miserable here in FL, now that you've moved back to Utopia, I'd hope that bitterness would fade over time. Guess time will tell on that one.

And just why would I drink swimming pool water, your suggestion doesn't make much sense. As I mentioned before, our drinking water comes from an artesian well they dug on our property when the house was built.
Utopia comment gave me a little chuckle. I have NOT had a mosquito bite since my trip to FL about 30 yrs ago for a wedding. Or wiped my body off from sweat for same amount of years. That word Utopia is what I feel about living in CA. But I don't call it that.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:46 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Utopia comment gave me a little chuckle. I have NOT had a mosquito bite since my trip to FL about 30 yrs ago for a wedding. Or wiped my body off from sweat for same amount of years. That word Utopia is what I feel about living in CA. But I don't call it that.
Well, I'm glad you're happy where you are living. It should be that way for everyone, not always possible I know but still, great to live where you like it so much.

No mosquitoes in CA? Or do all those supplements you take or rub on yourself keep them away?

Old 07-31-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, I'm glad you're happy where you are living. It should be that way for everyone, not always possible I know but still, great to live where you like it so much.

No mosquitoes in CA? Or do all those supplements you take or rub on yourself keep them away?
Very funny. No mosquitos to speak of, no humidity to speak of, no rain to speak of.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:43 AM

You are what you eat. Years ago when my cats had fleas I put Brewers Yeast in their food. I could see fleas jump on them, jump right off the cats. This was in NY, not Florida.

If that can work with animals, why not other foods that humans eat? Mosquitoes did not bite me in Florida. They would land on me and fly right off without biting. I remember it was the same with my Uncle many years ago. Something in our diet? Italian heritage. Lot of garlic? Red Wine? My Uncle always claimed it was the garlic.

Haven't seen many mosquitoes here in the mountains but it very rarely gets into the 80's and nights get down into the 50's regularly in the Summer. Ticks we do have. Lot of deer around. I have seen ticks in my screened Sun Room which is 10 feet off the ground. Have no idea how they get in here. Couple of times I have felt and seen them crawling on me. Flick them off and kill them. Again, they don't seem to want to bite me. Food? Blood chemistry? Don't know.

So if Brewers Yeast keeps fleas off animals, why not some foods or supplements work for humans with other insects? Better a natural solution than a chemical one. One of my cats almost died at the Vet after a chemical dipping. I swore never again. Find a natural solution. Same for me.

Edit: I have read that the FDA is fast tracking a vaccine for Lyme disease. No comment on that.

Last edited by Jo48; 08-01-2017 at 06:50 AM..

Old 08-01-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Very funny. No mosquitos to speak of, no humidity to speak of, no rain to speak of.
I should have mentioned the further West we go, the more desert, further East and South, tropics and swamplands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals